Home

Ten Essentials for NCAA 12

This is a discussion on Ten Essentials for NCAA 12 within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-28-2010, 12:23 PM   #17
All Star

SuperBowlNachos's Arena

OVR: 21
Re: Ten Essentials for NCAA 12

Fix the auto subs. Nothing worse then a player just disappearing because they are below the minimun you set for the game.

They need to come up with a new on the fly subbing. I think last years madden had this. Packages are ineffective because you can't get the 3rd string RB in and can do very little with the wide receivers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by illaim
What I want in NCAA 12 above all else is a "Spectator Mode" sort of like what is found in "Project Gotham"

The ability watch games being played between other members in ones Online Dynasty would .be great.
This would be great. In my OD, I the #1 team Oregon State is about to play #3 Oregon for a shot at the national championship. All they will get is highlights and a summary.

Last edited by SuperBowlNachos; 11-28-2010 at 12:26 PM.
Old 11-28-2010, 12:44 PM   #18
MVP

OVR: 20

I'd add these things:

1. Playaction that actually works. For some reason in this verison, the defensive line all warps to the QB on a PA. If you have run the ball 31 times for 180 yards, on a 3rd and short...there's absolutely no reason that a PA should result in a 5 yard sack the very second the fake is completed.

2. Get rid of jump the snap. It rarely works for the human, and the CPU does it about 80% of the time.

3. along the lines of jump the snap, EA needs to tone down the success rate of special moves for the CPU defensive lineman. For example a 60 rated DL, with move ratings in the 50's shouldn't be able to swim move past an 88 rated offensive lineman 100% of the time.

4. Option blocking needs to be better. The assignments are all wrong.

5. More depth in sliders.

6. More depth in team builder, such as, the ability to create and design your own stadium...the ability to add pride stickers. the use of Nike shoes

7. Why have all those penalties if they aren't ever going to be called.

8. Fully customizable conferences...if I want to have 16 teams in the Big East, let me put 16 teams in the Big East. Let me design and create a conference championship game, and determine the site.

9. More depth in scheduling...have the ability to schedule neutral site games.

Last edited by pdiehm; 11-28-2010 at 12:47 PM.
Old 11-28-2010, 03:28 PM   #19
Live your life

Gotmadskillzson's Arena

OVR: 49

1. Make dual threat QB's and mobile QB's actually play like they are. I guess one of these years they will get that right.

I mean this isn't the 1st college season that had mobile and dual threat QB's. I mean over the decades you had Vick, McNabb, Big Ben, Charlie Ward, Pat White, Cunningham, Alex Smith, Vince Young, Steve McNair, Warren Moon, etc doing it in college for decades.

But yet they never seem to have the NCAA videogame do it. Well not this current generation of consoles anyway. I remember back in NCAA 04 a mobile QB would have lit you up if you didn't use spy plays.

Now you play against Robison, Taylor, Pryor, Newton, etc.......They aren't a threat at all. Matter of fact if you didn't follow college football and just went by what the game have them do, you would think they were just average pocket passers.

Blocking assignments be all wrong, mainly because of the brain dead Offensive line and WR's who don't block for you on Read option plays.

It would be nice to have it like the real life thing though. I mean this suppose to have been 120 ways to win, but yet SOME HOW they FORGOT to have scrambling dual threat QBs as one of the ways to win.
Old 11-28-2010, 03:30 PM   #20
Live your life

Gotmadskillzson's Arena

OVR: 49

And another thing......make play now games play the same way as dynasty games. I don't know if you guys ever noticed, but play now games CPU AI plays completely different then dynasty games.

It is the same way in Madden, franchise CPU AI plays different then exhibition games.
Old 11-28-2010, 07:32 PM   #21
Rookie

aimiami's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxtrev
We all have our own wishlists for the next installment of NCAA. Realistically however, EA will not implement all the changes we want to see. Therefore, what would you consider the ten essential changes/improvements/fixes for the next NCAA? Here's mine:

1. Include FCS Teams
2. ESPN/CBS/ABC Broadcast style integration
3. Customizable Playbooks
4. Accelerated Clock (for realistic stats playing 15 min quarters like in Madden)
5. Customizable Uniforms
6. Player Discipline in Dynasty Mode
7. Coaching Carousel
8. Gameday and BCS selection shows in Dynasty
9. Special Teams Play (more blocked punts, blocked kicks like in previous NCAAs)
10. Halftime Highlights and ingame updates from around the college football world in your dynasty.

If these ten features were in next year's game, I'd pay $70 dollars for it.

Is anyone from EA reading? :-)
thats a good list
new announcers with the cbs and abc would be nice
College Gameday would be sick
Minnestoa Vikings
cubs, rays
01 Miami
http://www.easports.com/teambuilder#...442:1245035641
check out my other teams
http://www.easports.com/teambuilder#...:1;web:1;sku:2
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-29-2010, 10:40 AM   #22
Rookie

OVR: 2

Off the top of my head, and in no particiular order (addressing gameplay AND asthetics, since both aspects are important):

* More realistic CPU logic: For instance, why would a QB run up the middle 1 yard and slide when its 3rd and 5? Also, the CPU should be able to virtually eliminate human 'play call' cheesing (i.e. running the same play 5 times in a row and completing it every time). I can understand twice or maybe a stretch of 3 times, but you should not be able to run the same play over and over without serious consequences. The trampoline LBs and DLs that can swat down long bombs needs to be curtailed as well. Better pump fake / PA pass ability. These take waaaaay too long to execute and are almost unusable at times. They take way too long to be effective in most cases.

* More realistic ability to get the ball to outside receivers: Virtually everyone I know has a higher completion percentage to inside / slot receivers / TEs. Not sure how to fix this, but its ridiculous that the make the best usage of your top WRs you need to formation sub them to the slot or make the the 3rd/4th receivers on the depth chart.

* Enhanced dynasty: Allow conference invites. Allow custom conference size. Medical redshirts. Discipline. Quick view to see who is redshirted. Progressive stadium improvements.

* Enhanced teambuilder: While I love teambuilder I think there are a few things that can be improved. Allow more options for stadiums (as stated by many) i.e. create a stadium. If a team picks a 'bowl' stadium as their home stadium, don't make it where every home game has the fans half and half. Take home team logos off of teambuilder stadiums (I'd rather have a generic looking stadium than Hawaiis logos on my teambuilder team) Allow more uniform options. More helmet / facemask options. Fix revo helmet as they are all too big. Team colors on equipment. Possibly earn the ability to alter one uniform each offseason.

* More randomness in rosters: For instance, every year teams will have walk ons that come in and contribute. Not in this game. A walk on is basically punishment for poor positional recruiting. Allow some randomness to where some walk ons can come onto the team and have accelerated advancement so they actually can contribute. Don't make them part of the 70 man roster. Exempt their roster status. You may have 72 on your team because two are walk ons. Have some five stars that totally tank. Some 1-2 stars that actually become all americans, with all american type ratings.

* More options for create/modify a player: While this might not be a big deal to some, only having a small handful of faces (that all look nearly the same) is quite frustrating. More uniqueness in player creation / modification allows more more of a connection to the game. This includes facial hair, length of hair, tattoos, etc... As well, creating a team through team builder allows duplicate numbers, name punctuation / hyphenation etc... but through the console it does not. Also global settings (length of socks, sleeve type, etc...) would be nice.

* More special teams options/ development: Not having anything but a couple vanilla kickoff return options stinks. Not even a return right or return left? No reverses or fake reverses? And the farther back a FG is, the more likely a miss should be regardless of rating. Pressure kicks should have a higher miss percentage as well (i.e. Brotzman vs Nevada). Rugby punt formation.

* Enhance sidelines/fan logic: Currently they are totally pointless. Players don't do anything, some even have ridiculous numbers like '04' or '09'. They cheer when their own team gets a penalty called. No coaches at all seems kinda odd as well. At least have the crowd progressively cheer if their team is going for a long score. Boo a poor performance, etc...

* Custom playbooks: Allow a team based playbook where you can pick your plays / formations. I also think that besides recruiting, during the week you should have to designate the plays / playbook your backup QBs work on. They can only take so many reps, so if something happens and your backup has to come in, they should not know the playbook better than the starter, and should have limited plays they can execute at maximum ability. Allow this to be cumulative (a senior backup should know as much or more than a freshman in his first game, etc...)

* Better ability to swap players in realistic positions in the offseason (i.e. CBs and FSs are interchangable with WRs, as are OL and DL, FB and TE). It should be possible to have a DT as a goal line FB, etc... As well, make sure the AI is such that a player starting both ways will see accelerated fatigue (so that people cant start their best guys both ways and not see a hit later in the game).

* (11th one sorry!): Penalties: For the love of God, stop calling 'clipping'. Call pass interference. Illegal formation. 12 men on the field (if you are running a no huddle and the defense tries to substitute, allow for a quick snap to catch them)

Last edited by DrAnguish; 11-29-2010 at 10:52 AM.
Old 11-29-2010, 12:07 PM   #23
Rookie

OVR: 0

The one important thing that absolutely HAS adressed is dreadlocks.
Old 11-29-2010, 12:34 PM   #24
Pro

44drob's Arena

OVR: 27

1. Dreadlocks Long hair etc To many People Have them in real Life

2. Brands on Nike Socks UA Addidas

3. Teambuilder Primary and secondary Cleat Options

4. Player Personalities Players show no kind of emotion really in Ncaa11

5. Recruiting Busts ( Let Some 2* recruits play like or get Rated like 4 * and 5 * recruits and Vice Versa)

6. Better Commentators

7. Make special Teams count In NCAA12

8. And let power running backs Actually Lower their shoulder Instead of staying high giving defenders forearms to the neck

9. Coaching Carousel coaching carousel(Gotta Have it)

Spoiler

GLORYERACLOTHING.COM
TRU2THA GAME

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »