Home

Any fixes for when you can't connect w/ other player for OD bowl game?

This is a discussion on Any fixes for when you can't connect w/ other player for OD bowl game? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 12-01-2010, 09:36 AM   #1
Pro

NY Eer's Arena

OVR: 9
Any fixes for when you can't connect w/ other player for OD bowl game?

I've had this issue pop up 3 times now...in 3 different ODs. The first time it happened in a Rose Bowl. The last 2 have been NC games...all user vs user games. The first time it took us numerous tries and on the 3rd day it actually allowed us to play the game.

The 2nd time it was a NC game and we didn't get it in...had to SIM. I'm 3 days into my 3rd try w/ another NC game in another OD, but its the exact same issue.

We can both connect and start the game. You can tell by the way its loads that there is some lag...before you even get to the game. We get to the coin flip and then as soon as we line up for the kickoff it either completely kicks one of us out...it alternates between players...or that little Please Wait symbol and hourglass visual come up and everything just freezes.

All 3 times both of us tried a bunch of different fixes and nothing in particular works. Its more frustrating than you could imagine to work on a season for 2-3 weeks and then have something like this happen. And its maddening to sit there for 30-40 minutes a night...sometimes several times a night...beating your head against a wall trying to connect.

I'm not looking for ideas, because I've exhausted those. I'm looking for answers from someone that has experienced the same thing and worked past it...it such a person exists.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-01-2010, 11:20 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: Any fixes for when you can't connect w/ other player for OD bowl game?

I have yet to try this myself yet, but I've read that many people are having success with the commissioner removing both users from the Dynasty and then re-inviting them. The game should be able to be played then.
Old 12-01-2010, 11:59 AM   #3
Pro

NY Eer's Arena

cool...worth giving it a shot. thanks.
Old 12-01-2010, 05:19 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 2

Remove all injured players from your depth chart. I read that somewhere on here and it worked as a fix in our OD.
Old 12-01-2010, 05:58 PM   #5
Pro

NY Eer's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donkus
Remove all injured players from your depth chart. I read that somewhere on here and it worked as a fix in our OD.
That is completely random, but worth trying. I'll try it. Thanks.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-02-2010, 03:30 PM   #6
Rookie

Dirt DiverX's Arena

OVR: 3

I had the same problem in my NC game a few weeks back. We both rebooted, switched to wired connections and still nothing. It kept booting us at the kickoff screen every freaking time. I finally decided to see if I went to depth chart and all that prior to picking the kickoff return play if that would help. I did that and then let the playclock run to zero so the cpu would pick the kickoff return play for me, luckily it worked. The solution I have found that works every time is not to pick the special teams play at the very beginning. Hope it works for you guys as well.
Old 12-02-2010, 09:33 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 4

Holy cow, we're almost 6 months into the game and people are having to call MacGyver just to figure out how to play a user bowl game. This game has more flaws and glitches than you could dream...and few are ever fixed or addressed.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »