Home

"Play Recognition" how it effects the the cpu QB scramble logic

This is a discussion on "Play Recognition" how it effects the the cpu QB scramble logic within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-04-2010, 12:46 AM   #9
Live your life

Gotmadskillzson's Arena

OVR: 49
Re: "Play Recognition" how it effects the the cpu QB scramble logic

Well for defense, for the DE's, whole line backer core, both safeties I prefer to drop their play recognition attribute down to 50. For the DB's to 60.

Reason I dropped the safeties lower then the DB's is because the safeties love to be in the back field in this game. They come up on run support way too much, thus leaving the middle of field WIDE OPEN.

Line backers had to be dropped to the 50s, this keeps them from blowing up the back field on counters as soon as you say hike. And like the safeties, with high PRC, they tend to leave the middle of the field wide open because they too concerned with what is going on in the back field.

I also lowered the agilities for the big players like FB's, line backers, TE's, big bruising RB's, etc. Makes the game look way better, big people shouldn't be able to turn on a dime going at full speed.

If you lower it down to the 60s and lower, players will loose their balance way more often if they try to cut on a dime. You see more of a foot plant body shift animation when players cut now.

I dare say lesser agility adds more body physics weight to players. So truely the only high agile players should be the scrambling QB's, speed backs and speed WR's.

However keep it inline with their body weight as well for their position. Nothing is more cooler then watching a LB trying to cover a WR and see the line backer stumble trying to keep up with the WR route.

On default rosters line backers could stay step for step with WR routes. And they were able to change direction way too quick for my liking. Same thing when I played against I forgot the name of the school but their RB was like 260 pounds but yet he was dancing around, juking at full speed like he was a 190 pound speed back.
Old 12-04-2010, 12:52 AM   #10
Live your life

Gotmadskillzson's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullet Sponge
What I find frustrating about the info in this thread and others that experiment with user awareness (nice job btw), is that it clearly shows all the pieces are already in place for the game to play even better, they just needed to fine tune the game a little bit more. Simply lowering awareness in the DL/LBs could have other unwanted effects on gameplay though, so a better solution would have been if the CPU was checking to see if he has open field in front of him (I believe it did in lastgen, when QBs ran like crazy). I like that you found a psuedo-workaround, but there's no way I'm going to spend half my time editing player ratings year in and year out. That's too much like work
Well the thing is this is the 1st year NCAA series had Real Assignment AI. Here is a video of it:

27CDB6E-AE6D-11cf-96B8-444553540000" codebase="http://download.macromedia.com/pub/shockwave/cabs/flash/swflash.cab#version=9,0,47,0">

http://link.brightcove.com/services/...d=632975007001
However if you played Madden 11, this is their second year with it. Which is why the cpu over all runs way better on Madden 11.

So I believe in NCAA 12, they should be at least on the same level of cpu running as Madden 11. That is usually how it goes anyway, NCAA series is usually always a year behind the Madden series.

Last edited by Gotmadskillzson; 12-04-2010 at 12:56 AM.
Old 12-04-2010, 02:24 AM   #11
Hall Of Fame

Playmakers's Arena

OVR: 40

There's a lot of things the ratings effect in this game....

I love the gameplay after players edits as you already know.....sure it takes time but IMO the best gameplay handsdown is when you edit the player to perform more to their tendencies

That Frazier video i showed looks like a human player was controlling that QB...but it was all the CPU doing his own thing

This game is no different from NBA 2K11 or NBA Live 10......

If you have you the patience you can make the gameplay even better on the field......I personally don't care about 10 years of Dynasty play. I just want excellent gameplay long enough to last me until next years game release and unfortunatley since EA is lazy i've have to just rollup my sleeves and edit the gameplay myself.

I would also highly encourage you to edit the Offensive line, WR's and RB's because they are extremely IMPORTANT for helping OPtion teams and scrambling QB's to be effective....the smarter the CPU blocks thebetter behavior and results you'll get out the QB's and RB's in regards to getting out of the backfield

Sliders can't don't effect the blocking logic of players you have to tweak their run block and pass block footwork along with awareness and IMPACT blocking.....awareness and IMPACT blocking helps them locate defenders and take proper blocking angles

IMPACT BLOCKING is like a vision on the field for players....it helps them execute the proper block more often than not.....

The only problem is with default rosters this ratings greatly increase the overall ratings of players......but forme since i use the ratings to control gameplay using Legendary players the higher overall ratings are more tolerable and acceptable since those players are LEGENDS!

Follow some the Greatest College Football players of All Time in NCAA Football 14
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-04-2010, 02:33 AM   #12
Banned

OVR: 14

Great work!
Old 12-04-2010, 03:31 AM   #13
Live your life

Gotmadskillzson's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playmakers
There's a lot of things the ratings effect in this game....

I love the gameplay after players edits as you already know.....sure it takes time but IMO the best gameplay handsdown is when you edit the player to perform more to their tendencies

That Frazier video i showed looks like a human player was controlling that QB...but it was all the CPU doing his own thing

This game is no different from NBA 2K11 or NBA Live 10......

If you have you the patience you can make the gameplay even better on the field......I personally don't care about 10 years of Dynasty play. I just want excellent gameplay long enough to last me until next years game release and unfortunatley since EA is lazy i've have to just rollup my sleeves and edit the gameplay myself.

I would also highly encourage you to edit the Offensive line, WR's and RB's because they are extremely IMPORTANT for helping OPtion teams and scrambling QB's to be effective....the smarter the CPU blocks thebetter behavior and results you'll get out the QB's and RB's in regards to getting out of the backfield

Sliders can't don't effect the blocking logic of players you have to tweak their run block and pass block footwork along with awareness and IMPACT blocking.....awareness and IMPACT blocking helps them locate defenders and take proper blocking angles

IMPACT BLOCKING is like a vision on the field for players....it helps them execute the proper block more often than not.....

The only problem is with default rosters this ratings greatly increase the overall ratings of players......but forme since i use the ratings to control gameplay using Legendary players the higher overall ratings are more tolerable and acceptable since those players are LEGENDS!
So true, it all boils down to understanding the attribute logic and how EA used it to code the game. Once you figure that out, you can make DRASTIC changes to how the game plays.

Time consuming ? Yes

Worth it for better game play ? HELL YES
Old 12-04-2010, 09:30 AM   #14
Pro

OVR: 8

You can edit the rosters to make it work, but you'll only have 3-4 years of good gameplay, right? After four years in the dynasty the players will have come in with higher ratings. I assume there is not a permanent fix.
Old 12-04-2010, 11:01 AM   #15
Rookie

soonermagic75's Arena

OVR: 9

Will editing the play recoginition for all rosters affect simmed games stats? Or could it just be done for our team and the team we play against?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-04-2010, 11:43 AM   #16
MVP

poopoop's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckeye Country
You can edit the rosters to make it work, but you'll only have 3-4 years of good gameplay, right? After four years in the dynasty the players will have come in with higher ratings. I assume there is not a permanent fix.
This is the main problem. Unless someone just enjoys playing 'Play Now' games these fixes don't have much use if you play dynasty mode, especially if you're in a dynasty that's already started.

What's messed up is that regular people can figure this stuff out, but EA through their development, testing and tuning of the game can't. They know how the ratings work better than anyone, and I hope going further they do a better job with them.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »