Home

"Play Recognition" how it effects the the cpu QB scramble logic

This is a discussion on "Play Recognition" how it effects the the cpu QB scramble logic within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-06-2010, 04:22 AM   #49
MVP

OVR: 19
Re: "Play Recognition" how it effects the the cpu QB scramble logic

skillz,

From what I've seen, the same logic seems to follow with WR/TE's in that the AWR sets the pecking order on who gets the ball thrown to them the most.

But there must be a secondary driver for TE's because I edited AWR to 45/50 on 4 teams and they're still 2,3 on the team in Rec and/or Yrds. It has to be in their WR ratings because I didn't touch those.

Newton and Robinson got hurt in my testing.

Newton had 1837 pass/723 rush (he is 2nd in AWR)
Old 12-06-2010, 11:40 AM   #50
Live your life

Gotmadskillzson's Arena

OVR: 49

Great finding Khalib ! That might also tie in to why I am seeing Newton, Robinson, Pryor, Taylor, Dobbs throwing for so many damnn attempts a season as well. Because they all throwing for around 2200 to 3100 yards a season.

Awareness definitely seems to be the pecking order between the QB, WR's, TE's, RB's and FB's of who gets the ball the most.
Old 12-06-2010, 01:41 PM   #51
Rookie

TheBauerHour's Arena

OVR: 9

Skillz,
great work man. I've always wanted to incorporate a player like Tommie Frazier into the game, but knew I couldn't because of the AI of the defense always sniffing out the options. What I found to be a bit more realistic was to drop the Play Recognition skill of defensive players by 30 instead of to a specific spots because there are players on the field who have pretty good instincts and can make those good plays.

Edit: The only thing I leave at a set level is the CB's, which go to 60.

Last edited by TheBauerHour; 12-06-2010 at 02:19 PM. Reason: Revision
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-06-2010, 05:13 PM   #52
Live your life

Gotmadskillzson's Arena

Yeah the PRC is too high which is something EA did. In 09 it was too low, in 10 it was high as well. Now I now they said the reason they did it was because in 09 people were complaining it was too easy to scramble and run the ball to the outside.

However when you combine a DE with high speed, high pursuit, high block shedding and high PRC you get robo DE. I don't know if you guys noticed but majority of the DE's in this game have very high speed like high 70s, even seen a dozen or so with a speed of 88. And damn near every D lineman has a block shedding in the high 80s.

On the flip side the offensive tackles in this game have speed of high 60s low 70s. Now if they just left it at that, then the game probably would have been fine. But they constantly "TUNED" the scrambling QB contain logic and cpu running Logic to the point they completely messed it all up to a jumble mess.

Kind of ironic considering how much they bragged up how awesome and devastating the spread offense was going to be in this game.

I remember 09 it was all about big play wide open offense. It was wide open because everybody ran at warp speed.

NCAA 10 it was all about the dual threat QB.......never happened

NCAA 11 all about the spread offenses and containing the dual threat QB.

They jumped the gun on that one, you actually got to make a dual threat QB an actual threat 1st before you start worrying about containing him. And the cpu run the spread offenses POORLY.

Through RATINGS EDITS, keyword being RATINGS not SLIDERS, not COACHING PHILOSPHY, I am talking RATINGS here, you can at least make the spread look presentable.

Got the option offense styles on lock, they look really good.

Pistols got on lock, they look really good.

Shotgun Spread and Multiple styles seem to be the most screwed up of them all. Going to take way more labbing and tinkering to get those things figured out.

Getting QB's to scramble pretty much got that mostly figured out. Problem is they aren't consistent yet with it. I mean yeah for a season I can get them all to run at least 85 to 130 times.

Haven't gotten a QB to break a 1,000 rushing yet. Got a couple get 700, dozen or so get 450 to 500 and the rest 100 rushing.
Old 12-06-2010, 08:02 PM   #53
Rookie

soonermagic75's Arena

OVR: 9

Is anyone gonna be able to take Luv's rosters and incorporat these findings by skillz and create a roster set, will anyone have time?
Old 12-06-2010, 08:08 PM   #54
Live your life

Gotmadskillzson's Arena

Some guy, I forgot his name said he was doing it last night. It is going to take a while that is for sure.
Old 12-06-2010, 08:40 PM   #55
Hail West Virginia

mtoo22's Arena

OVR: 10

Currently on Navy. Hoping to finish up tonight.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-06-2010, 09:13 PM   #56
Live your life

Gotmadskillzson's Arena

Quote:
3:47
[Comment From Sooner Born Sooner BredSooner Born Sooner Bred: ]
Will defenses now bite on misdirections and crash to the wrong side of the line?
Thursday May 6, 2010 3:47 Sooner Born Sooner Bred

3:47
EA_Ben_Haumiller:
Yes, you will see defenders crash to the wrong side in situations. The defender's play recognition rating is the biggest factor in determining this.
I came across this and just shook my head. He pretty much stated what the problem was with the game before the game even was release. PRC is too high especially for the DE,OLB and CB's.

I can't begin to tell you how many times I got tackled in the back field by a CB. Lowering the PRC definitely fixes this.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »