Home

Question on speed Threshold.....

This is a discussion on Question on speed Threshold..... within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-09-2010, 04:05 PM   #17
Pro

OVR: 5
Re: Question on speed Threshold.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gotmadskillzson
It is what it is....That is why I never understood why people said playing on very low speed threshold is fun. From my experience anything lower then 35 on NCAA 11 and nobody seems to be able to catch anybody from behind. And when you look at the instant replay zoomed out, the gap distance be HUGE.

Too huge for my liking, because it pretty much becomes 2 jukes and it is instant TD type of a game. Ironically though it is different on Madden, on there I play with it on 65 because for some reason players on Madden just naturally run down the field much faster on that game then NCAA 11.
I agree with this. Also pass coverage is too loose on low threshold. Passing game (especially flats coverage) is more realistc on 50+
Old 12-09-2010, 04:06 PM   #18
Pro

silver281gt's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gotmadskillzson
Only thing speed threshold hold slider does is determine the likely hood of a player being caught from behind.

It don't matter if the WR is 84 speed and the CB is 99 speed. If you make it pass him, he won't catch you on low speed threshold.
I dont agree with that!! In my OD we are using 0 Speed Thresh and we get rundown and caught all the time.. We are in year 5 of our Od and I cant break any long runs on fast teams. If the are faster them me they run me down...
Old 12-09-2010, 07:53 PM   #19
Rookie

OVR: 1

what is the acceleration of the 90 speed WR and the 94 speed DB. You guys have to remember that its not just about speed. its speed, agility, and accelearation. with the emphasis on acceleration.

if u're wr is on a slant and beats a cb. your cb has to turn and head upfield, while the wr is already headed that way. how fast does the cb reach his top speed. i have wr on my dynasty that have 99 acc 93 agility but only 84 spd that are hard to catch because once they get a step and using good angles they're hard to catch (though they will get caught on long runs). and i also have 90 acc, 88 agility 96 spd guys that get caught much more often because they take longer to get to their top spd.

it's all relative. make sure u check all three of those rankings and obviously def awr will play a part on the pursuit angles as well.
Old 12-09-2010, 10:01 PM   #20
Rookie

ranger6354's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by L.A.V.A.
what is the acceleration of the 90 speed WR and the 94 speed DB. You guys have to remember that its not just about speed. its speed, agility, and accelearation. with the emphasis on acceleration.

if u're wr is on a slant and beats a cb. your cb has to turn and head upfield, while the wr is already headed that way. how fast does the cb reach his top speed. i have wr on my dynasty that have 99 acc 93 agility but only 84 spd that are hard to catch because once they get a step and using good angles they're hard to catch (though they will get caught on long runs). and i also have 90 acc, 88 agility 96 spd guys that get caught much more often because they take longer to get to their top spd.

it's all relative. make sure u check all three of those rankings and obviously def awr will play a part on the pursuit angles as well.
Well said. ACC > SPD.

PSN - Soonerfan94
Old 12-10-2010, 12:04 PM   #21
Rookie

sleepyeagle's Arena

OVR: 3

Fatigue , acceleration, agility, pursuit, awareness...all of these things matter just as much as speed when considering how long it takes to get caught by a defender.

Maybe your other sliders are to blame for this? I'm using SECelite's sliders with speed threshold at 20 and it keeps things fairly tight.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-10-2010, 12:37 PM   #22
Pro

IIx Nautica xII's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isura
Threshold simply reduces the gap between faster and slower players. At 25 the gap between 90 and 94 speed is bigger than if threshold is at default. But 4 yards is still a huge lead, a 94 shouldn't catch a 90 receiver in that situation. How often do you see CBs chase down WRs in the open field? It's pretty rare.
0 threshold gives the most "open" game, where the passing game is easier and yards after catch is higher. If you want a tighter/defensive game incraese the threshold to 60-70 imo
The biggest problem that I see with the threshold at 50 or higher is that you have very fast players being rundown from behind on a consistent basis by slow D-Linemen. I personally like it at 25. I am trying out a heisman slider set with 0 threshold at slow game speed right now. I noticed when I put it at 0 that the game speed is like it is on turbo mode. I like how the running feels, but hopefully slow game speed will balance it back out.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »