Home

JUCO recruits

This is a discussion on JUCO recruits within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-12-2010, 10:52 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 2
JUCO recruits

Are JUCO recruits better than high school recruits of the same caliber? For example will a 3 star JUCO QB have a higher overall than a 3 star high school QB?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-12-2010, 10:55 PM   #2
MVP

OVR: 38
Re: JUCO recruits

Yea, I brought in a 3 star juco linebacker at 80 overall.
Old 12-12-2010, 11:29 PM   #3
MVP

Roggie's Arena

OVR: 17

Usually they come in higher. I've grabbed a couple 2 star recruits as a 5 star team who came in the mid 70's.
Chicago Bulls
Detroit Tigers
Detroit Red Wings
Detroit Lions

Old 12-12-2010, 11:35 PM   #4
Rookie

gharp14's Arena

OVR: 12

i just signed the #30 outside linebacker who was 86 overal and will start immediatly. If you want to improve a team quickly, the juco route is the way to do it
Old 12-12-2010, 11:43 PM   #5
Rookie

vexerr's Arena

OVR: 7

I do my own recruit rankings system with the online dynasty roster file and its not uncommon for the highest rated player at a position to be 3* Juco or such.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-13-2010, 12:05 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 2

Yeah, the tradeoff is that a 3* freshman has more upside than a '3' juco transfer. A 3 star JUCO guy may have a high rating, but he'll only be with your squad for a 2 seasons. Even though his rating his high, his star ranking is lower because he will only be around for a short time.

But I TOTALLY agree, when you have a poor quality team that needs talent fast, JUCO is the way to go.
Old 12-13-2010, 12:15 PM   #7
Banned

Packfan8's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrAnguish
Yeah, the tradeoff is that a 3* freshman has more upside than a '3' juco transfer. A 3 star JUCO guy may have a high rating, but he'll only be with your squad for a 2 seasons. Even though his rating his high, his star ranking is lower because he will only be around for a short time.

But I TOTALLY agree, when you have a poor quality team that needs talent fast, JUCO is the way to go.
But you can get juco sophs who are higher overall and if you redshirt them you will have a beast. I don't know about you guys but I usually don't start the many freshman unless I'm with a low prestige school I just started building up.
Old 12-13-2010, 12:48 PM   #8
MVP

Kriech23's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Packfan8
But you can get juco sophs who are higher overall and if you redshirt them you will have a beast. I don't know about you guys but I usually don't start the many freshman unless I'm with a low prestige school I just started building up.
Yeah, if you want instant starters at a lower prestige school then JUCO's are the way to go. At a higher prestige school JUCO's are not as highly needed because you have multiple people at every position.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »