Home

FCS Schools, Scheduling, PreSeason Ranks

This is a discussion on FCS Schools, Scheduling, PreSeason Ranks within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 12-13-2010, 12:01 AM   #1
MVP

CuseGirl's Arena

OVR: 7
FCS Schools, Scheduling, PreSeason Ranks

It just occured to me that in any given week, MULTIPLE instances of FCS schools can play. In my teambuilder dynasty, FCS MidWest is playing 5 BCS schools.

With that in mind, wut programming is used to make schedules for the FBS teams? Maybe that'll explain why there are so many undefeated teams in the last 2 weeks of play. I mean, even in this years real life season, it looked like Oregon and Auburn were headed to the title game for weeks. With my offline dynasty, you can have up to 5 undefeated teams going to the BCS bowl series. That's ridiculous.

And onto Preseason rankings. If the CPU is capable of determining whose an A+ defense or B- offense, why cant it use those ratings (not down to a TEE but by estimation) to determine the preseason ranking? In 8 years of my offline dynasty, Alabama has been #1, 2, or #3 for 8 years running. Even the Buckeyes, who everyone outside of Columbus--and my humble abode--despises, have preseason ranks outside of the top 5 from time to time. And usually it coincides with the emergence of a non-top 10 recruiting class from 2 years ago.

I've been killing Bama in recruiting, delibrately scheduling them and BEATING the daylights out of them. But even after 3 or 4 loss seasons, they have no change in prestige, no change in preseason rank. Come on son.....
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-13-2010, 01:41 AM   #2
MVP

OVR: 38
Re: FCS Schools, Scheduling, PreSeason Ranks

Yea Bama is a super program (or so EA seems to think so). Hell I'm in year 2016 in my dynasty and they are still super awesome, but no as much as the first couple years.

Also, last year was the first year I had a ton of undefeated teams, but I don't mind it so much.
Old 12-14-2010, 10:56 PM   #3
MVP

CuseGirl's Arena

It just seems like there's no standard for wut makes a team good either way.

Someone said margin of victory had a lot to do with the ranking system. And I kno that's not true because my teambuilder team, in the ACC, has been passed in the rankings (while I'm undefeated) by other undefeated teams who weren't blowing out their opponents. Actually, teams that were SQUEAKING by teams with below .500 records. Meanwhile, I'm in a BCS conference dropping 50 points on bowl teams......
Old 12-15-2010, 04:36 AM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 2

I'm a Bama fan, but I rarely do a bama dynasty. With shakanebake30's rosters though it will actually give Bama a good 2-3 losses every year or so just because of the change up ratings and what not
Old 12-16-2010, 08:44 AM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 0

I got so mad with bama that i just put it on 1 minute quatres and freshman and made them go 0-12 3 seasons straight and after each season there still ranked in the top 10 and there prestiege was 5 stars.Thats ridicoulous!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-16-2010, 10:02 AM   #6
Rookie

ranger6354's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by GatorBait#15
I got so mad with bama that i just put it on 1 minute quatres and freshman and made them go 0-12 3 seasons straight and after each season there still ranked in the top 10 and there prestiege was 5 stars.Thats ridicoulous!
Haha, wow! That's something right there.

PSN - Soonerfan94
Old 12-16-2010, 10:14 PM   #7
MVP

CuseGirl's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by GatorBait#15
ROFFLLLL....right now, other than Bama, it's PSU and USC who can do no wrong. They REALLY need to fix the prestige system and create a tier system. In any given season, there should only be 5, maybe 6 "six-star" schools. And they need to knock down Boise State's star rating to like 4. They've given schools so many other grades, like coach prestige, program stability (i dont even kno how that's tabulated), academic prestige, there's no reason for some schools to EVER become a 6 star school unless you take the reigns and make it that way.
Old 12-17-2010, 05:08 AM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by CuseGirl
ROFFLLLL....right now, other than Bama, it's PSU and USC who can do no wrong. They REALLY need to fix the prestige system and create a tier system. In any given season, there should only be 5, maybe 6 "six-star" schools. And they need to knock down Boise State's star rating to like 4. They've given schools so many other grades, like coach prestige, program stability (i dont even kno how that's tabulated), academic prestige, there's no reason for some schools to EVER become a 6 star school unless you take the reigns and make it that way.
I feel ya. I'm currently in the middle of a Maryland dynasty and they have an 'A' rating for program stability.....really? To me it seems like program stability would be based off of several good to great years in a row. And correct me if I'm wrong, but Maryland has not been a powerhouse in recent years lol. I believe their last conf. champ. came in '01.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »