Home

Impact Freshmen

This is a discussion on Impact Freshmen within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-15-2010, 08:16 AM   #1
Pro

MrRudy's Arena

OVR: 14
Impact Freshmen

So I sifted through the old posts looking for a thread on this topic but really couldn't find one that fit the bill.

Who are some of your super impact freshmen? I recently started a dynasty with Virginia and at the beginning of year three had some gaping holes in the backend of my secondary. Thankfully, I had attempted to fill the void with a couple of 4 star recruits. One of which is named Matt Suggs. He's not the biggest, fastest or even rated that high (Came in at a 71 overall SS) but because of my gaping holes, he was pressed into action.

Matt Suggs Final Stats: 51 tackles, 1 sack, 5 interceptions (1 pick 6) and a couple forced fumbles. Also, a Freshman and 2nd Team All-American.

As for my squad, I finished 12-1, Orange Bowl Winners (My one hiccup being a 57-3 loss in Arizona, which if I had won would have locked up a birth in the National Championship) - did I mention I love SECElite's All-American Sliders.

Just interested to see some other stories from OS about guys you've had come in that just lit it up right out of the gates.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-15-2010, 09:02 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 5
Re: Impact Freshmen

I run a pro style offense and this guy is going to be a monster. A bit faster and he would be Vernon Davis.

Welcome to Tuscaloosa Mr. Monroe.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Rick Monroe.jpg (121.5 KB, 106 views)
Old 12-15-2010, 11:35 AM   #3
Rookie

Schreck's Arena

OVR: 3

In the 3rd year of our OD, got a stud DE that is tearing it up for me. Came in as an 84 overall, 79 speed, 84 acc, mid 80's for all the block shedding categories and tackling stuff. Plays faster than that though, just seems to fly off the edge. Through 9 games he has 7 sacks, 2 FF, 1 FR, 13 TFL and 31 tackles. Actually had like 6 of those sacks in the first 5 games, so he has slowed down a bit, but has continued to cause havoc in the backfield.
Old 12-15-2010, 11:47 AM   #4
Rookie

Bengals28's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by slingblade73
I run a pro style offense and this guy is going to be a monster. A bit faster and he would be Vernon Davis.

Welcome to Tuscaloosa Mr. Monroe.
Damn that dude looks like a monster.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »