Home

Explain the Patches Please

This is a discussion on Explain the Patches Please within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-24-2010, 10:10 PM   #9
Rookie

shanice73's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: Explain the Patches Please

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrew2411
The patches had zero effect on progression. They broke it and required tuners to fix. The tuners gave us things like better rated recruits and in-season progression. The patches, like said before, effected game play and glitches. I'm one of the ones that believe in no patches. Most people never played the game without any patch since there was a patch released day one.
I want to try your idea. But I need to know if you play without the patches and downloaded tuners right? In other words You play the game as it came out of the box when you bought it?
Old 12-25-2010, 01:19 AM   #10
Rookie

Wootheel221068's Arena

OVR: 2

I want to know the same thing .. Your question is the same one and I have and this is what has me confused.
Old 12-25-2010, 08:57 AM   #11
MVP

jbrew2411's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by shanice73
I want to try your idea. But I need to know if you play without the patches and downloaded tuners right? In other words You play the game as it came out of the box when you bought it?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wootheel221068
I want to know the same thing .. Your question is the same one and I have and this is what has me confused.
Wootheel, I replied to your PM last night. To answer both questions I removed the patches but keep the tuners. I read through all the info the NCAA team released when each patch and tuner went live. From what I could tell the tuners only had effects on ratings and progression. I kept them so the recruits would come in rated higher. I also wanted the in-season progression. I don't know if you remember but the recruits were coming in rated really low in a lot of areas. The first 3-4 years they were a non-factor since the players you start your dynasty with are rated so high. I played 5 season before they tuned the recruits. The first 2-3 I could not play a player that was lower then a RsSo. They need at least 2 years of progression before they played like the other players that were still on the roster from the start. Once the roster were made up of all new, lower rated players then game play leveled out. So I decided I wanted the higher rated recruits and keep the tuners. This game does not support lower rated players very well. This is something the NCAA team needs to look into. Some people that understand roster and ratings better then I have said it is due to the scale they us. But that is another topic for another thread.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-25-2010, 01:33 PM   #12
Pro

OVR: 7

so how do you download the tuners and not the patches?
Old 12-25-2010, 04:31 PM   #13
Rookie

ranger6354's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavensFan2k3
so how do you download the tuners and not the patches?
Have all of the things downloaded. Then simply delete the patch. And when you start the game, it will tell you to update the game version, just cancel that and you're set.

PSN - Soonerfan94
Old 12-25-2010, 05:48 PM   #14
Pro

and how do you delete the patch? also how do you delete the tuner?
Old 12-25-2010, 07:06 PM   #15
Rookie

ranger6354's Arena

OVR: 0

Only know how to do it for PS3.
Go to your Game Data Utility and find the file for NCAA Football 11. Triangle and delete. That is the patch.
I highly suggest leaving the tuners alone, unless you don't want progression. But if you insist go to the Saved Data Utility and find the NCAA Football 11 file called TUNERS. Delete that and you will not have the latest tuners. Once again, I suggest that you leave the tuners.
When you start your game, it'll ask you to update the game to version 1.03 or whatever, just cancel that and you'll be logged off of the network. And there you go.

PSN - Soonerfan94
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-25-2010, 07:58 PM   #16
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranger6354
Only know how to do it for PS3.
Go to your Game Data Utility and find the file for NCAA Football 11. Triangle and delete. That is the patch.
I highly suggest leaving the tuners alone, unless you don't want progression. But if you insist go to the Saved Data Utility and find the NCAA Football 11 file called TUNERS. Delete that and you will not have the latest tuners. Once again, I suggest that you leave the tuners.
When you start your game, it'll ask you to update the game to version 1.03 or whatever, just cancel that and you'll be logged off of the network. And there you go.
I dont want to delete them, I just wanted to know how and wanted to know if the tuners and patch take up space on the harddrive

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »