Home

My new Conference ReAlignment

This is a discussion on My new Conference ReAlignment within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-30-2010, 02:28 AM   #17
MVP

RebelHog's Arena

OVR: 8
Re: My new Conference ReAlignment

Deuce,

This is well thought out, well designed and orchestrated. Props to you my friend.

I am going to use this alignment, except I am probably going to add my own flavor of Arkansas schools into the Sun Belt and such.

+1
Old 12-30-2010, 02:16 PM   #18
Rookie

Deckster59's Arena

OVR: 1

So I started this as Houston.

After 6 games the top 3 are:

#1: TCU
#2: Boise State
#3: Houston

Houston's schedule is an A- with all of the ranked teams. Baylor was ranked #12 when I played them.

You were right about the Recruiting aspect as well. All of my recruits are a battle against the other Red River Conference Teams.

Well done!

NCAA: Texas Longhorns
NFL: Kansas City Chiefs
MLB: Texas Rangers
MiLB: Round Rock Express
NHL: Dallas Stars
AHL: Texas Stars
NBA: Los Angeles Lakers
Old 12-31-2010, 01:08 PM   #19
Hall Of Fame

Deuce2223's Arena

OVR: 22

Thanks guys glad you enjoying them. I justed simmed the 2010 season to see what would happen and got to see something we will never see. 2 Non AQ schools play each other for a National Title.

#1 Boise State vs #2 Cincinnati (They where the only 2 schools to finish with a perfect record.) BSU dominated the MWC yet again, but also won non-conference games against Virginia Tech, Oregon State, Wyoming and Tulsa. (Tried to stick as close to the Non-Conferece 2010 Schedule as possible)
Old 01-01-2011, 11:17 PM   #20
MVP

Hushroom's Arena

OVR: 10

Heya Deuce, I started a new dynasty with Florida State...using these re-alignments. Thanks man!
Milwaukee Bucks
Vegas Golden Knights
Old 01-02-2011, 09:01 PM   #21
Rookie

OVR: 0

Just a question of the conferences should they be set up so that a team is guaranteed a game in a state like the north pac 12 should have a game in california, the sec teams should have a florida team in each division stuff like that. Just an idea though to help get recruits in.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-02-2011, 11:04 PM   #22
Hall Of Fame

Deuce2223's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by bossmaster12
Just a question of the conferences should they be set up so that a team is guaranteed a game in a state like the north pac 12 should have a game in california, the sec teams should have a florida team in each division stuff like that. Just an idea though to help get recruits in.

Maybe, its hard to say what the schedules look like down the road with all the changes. I will have to check it out. I would assume with 4 teams in the the new Pac-12 from California that a team wouldn't play against them all at home or all away every year. Same thing with Florida FSU,Miami and USF in the SEC.
Old 01-02-2011, 11:51 PM   #23
Banned

OVR: 9

These Realignments are really good Duece, wished i woulda used 'em in my Villanova Dynasty.
Old 01-03-2011, 10:36 AM   #24
MVP

bgeno's Arena

OVR: 18

Not trying to hijack your thread, I just came up with a re-alignment of my own and wanted some input from you guys without starting a whole new thread. I am only going to post the BCS conferences, since my whole idea was to put the best teams in the BCS conferences while getting rid of the cupcake/low prestige teams and making the conferences as even as possible while maintaining some geographic sense.

ACC - My initial idea was to place Florida, Florida State and Miami (FL) all in the same conference, and I found placing them in the ACC to make the most sense. When they needed some extra fire power, I added Auburn to the league. I thought of splitting the florida teams to make sure they could play in the championship game together, but then decided to keep them in the same division to make the division race interesting.

Atlantic
Florida
Florida State
Miami (FL)
Boston College
UConn
Maryland

Coastal
Auburn
Georgia Tech
North Carolina
NC State
Virginia
Wake Forest

Big Ten - This is essentially the old Big 12. Oklahoma and Texas are still the cream of the crop, but now there is a group of mid-majors in Boise State, BYU and TCU to shake things up. Since there is no conference championship anymore, I didn't have to worry about the overstacked South division. Unfortunately, I had to move Texas A&M to another division, but I thought the arrival of TCU could make up for the loss.

Boise State
BYU
Colorado
Kansas
Kansas State
Oklahoma
Oklahoma State
TCU
Texas
Texas Tech
Washington

Big East - To me, this is the most interesting division. I wanted to put Pitt and Penn State together, but after moving Pitt to the new Big 12 (you'll see soon...), I saw that the conference was just overstacked and top-heavy. I didn't want to do it, but the only 6-star team that made sense moving was Penn State. And since my main focus with them was keeping them with Pitt, it actually worked out for the best. I was able to re-unite Penn State with WVU as well while keeping The Backyard Brawl alive. Also, Wisconsin adds some pizzaz to the conference.

Cincinnati
Ole Miss
Penn State
Pittsburgh
South Florida
Virginia Tech
West Virginia
Wisconsin

Big 12 - It took a lot of work to keep this conference from getting too good. Mainly, I wanted Notre Dame and Nebraska to both join the league. When Penn State was the odd team out, I brought in Syracuse and Rutgers to bring down the level of the league a bit. The divisions fell together competition-wise and geographically with Ohio State and Michigan headlining one and Notre Dame and Nebraska at the top of the other.

North
Michigan
Ohio State
Rutgers
Syracuse
Michigan State
Minnesota

South
Nebraska
Notre Dame
Illinois
Northwestern
Iowa
Purdue

Pac-10 - The Pac-10 stayed relatively in tact, losing just Washington and Washington State and gaining Utah and Texas A&M. USC is obviously the cream of the crop, but the middle is VERY strong with Oregon State, Oregon, UCLA, Cal, Utah, and Texas A&M.

Arizona
Arizona State
California
Oregon
Oregon State
Stanford
Texas A&M
UCLA
USC
Utah

SEC - The SEC saw a mass exodus of quality teams (Florida, Auburn) in order to even the playing field. Replacing two of the top teams in the conference (and Vanderbilt and Ole Miss) are Louisville (who now gets to face Kentucky), Clemson, UCF and Missouri.

East
Georgia
Tennessee
Clemson
South Carolina
Missouri
UCF

West
LSU
Alabama
Arkansas
Mississippi State
Kentucky
Louisville

I haven't quite sorted out the rest of the conferences... :/ ... lol

But based a lot of prestige, these conferences seem fairly even and remain pretty true geographically while re-instituting some old rivalries and further heating some current ones. Of course you lose some big rivalries (Florida no longer in the SEC takes away some of the fun and no more Penn State-Ohio State is disappointing), but I think it will be better for the BCS and for the season on NCAA 11.

Any thoughts?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »