Home

What's your recruiting strategy?

This is a discussion on What's your recruiting strategy? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-29-2010, 02:06 PM   #25
MVP

jbrew2411's Arena

OVR: 13
Re: What's your recruiting strategy?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deegeezy
I disagree. I think it would be too easy that way.

I tend to think of it as the player leading the call and asking questions about the school but every once in a while I (the coach) brings something up on my own accord as a "Coach's Choice". And if he asks me something I would rather avoid, I change the subject on him by offering him a scholly or promise, or I just change the subject altogether.

Use your imagination.
Having coached kids that were being recruited I have seen college coaches leading the conversations. I have held a few calls in my office for players and set in on visits. The coaches ask questions and talk about what their school can do for the kid. They do try to get on a personal level by asking non football related question. As for the pitch side it is all the coach/recruiter.
If the player was leading the way then would they not want to talk about what was high on their list? To me that would be easy. The coach should be in control.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-29-2010, 04:07 PM   #26

Deegeezy's Arena

OVR: 15
Re: What's your recruiting strategy?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrew2411
Having coached kids that were being recruited I have seen college coaches leading the conversations. I have held a few calls in my office for players and set in on visits. The coaches ask questions and talk about what their school can do for the kid. They do try to get on a personal level by asking non football related question. As for the pitch side it is all the coach/recruiter.
If the player was leading the way then would they not want to talk about what was high on their list? To me that would be easy. The coach should be in control.
I never said they don't lead conversations.

I am just saying for the sake of the game's difficulty, I look at it in that manner. I think it is fine the way it is; It'll be too easy for users to hammer away on good topics.

COACH GEEZY IN THE BIG EASY PART III: LEGACY | FROM BOURBON ST. TO THE BAYOU

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »