Home

Pancake blocks

This is a discussion on Pancake blocks within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-30-2010, 01:50 PM   #17
Rookie

SynShadowzz's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: Pancake blocks

I'm also having this same problem.

I'm not overly concerned about it, because my sliders have been perfect. It's on EA's end, I don't know what they did.. they broke Pancakes somehow.
Old 12-30-2010, 03:05 PM   #18
Pro

OVR: 5

They rarely occur in played games. Sucks because it's impossible to win offensive lineman awards.
Old 12-30-2010, 09:41 PM   #19
Rookie

OVR: 0

Listen to this BS.... I signed a 5 star TE last year and I wanted to redshirt him, but I only had 3 TE on the roster so I didn't want to completely take him off the depth chart in the preseason redshirting. So, I placed him on the depth chart 3rd and figured that he wouldn't accumulate any stats here, that way I could still run 3-TE sets with him and he could still get a redshirt year.... Well, EA sports has a sense of humor and this guy gets a pancake on the first play I run "goalline." So yeah, his redshirt is gone now. Thanks EA!!! I can't buy a pancake with my 99 rated bookend tackle, but my 6'2" 213 lbs freshman TE is a blocking machine.
Old 12-30-2010, 09:48 PM   #20
Pro

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrChevy
Listen to this BS.... I signed a 5 star TE last year and I wanted to redshirt him, but I only had 3 TE on the roster so I didn't want to completely take him off the depth chart in the preseason redshirting. So, I placed him on the depth chart 3rd and figured that he wouldn't accumulate any stats here, that way I could still run 3-TE sets with him and he could still get a redshirt year.... Well, EA sports has a sense of humor and this guy gets a pancake on the first play I run "goalline." So yeah, his redshirt is gone now. Thanks EA!!! I can't buy a pancake with my 99 rated bookend tackle, but my 6'2" 213 lbs freshman TE is a blocking machine.
Not relevant to this thread, but you can red shirt him and remove the red shirt later if necessary (ie if you really NEED the depth, remove the redshirt later but keep them off the depth chart if you don't want to lose the redshirt year)
Old 12-31-2010, 11:19 AM   #21
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 34

Pancakes are incorrectly recorded on AA, but they do get recorded on Heisman but still inconsistant.

Broken Tackle stats are accurate either.

I just throw those stats out the window, no sense in trying to develop sliders that will get these stats to run correctly and ruin the entire game in the process.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-31-2010, 12:11 PM   #22
Hall Of Fame

Tovarich's Arena

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrChevy
It didn't matter if he got stats or not, if he goes on the field, he doesn't get a RS. Just use a FB as a 3rd TE. My TE leads the team in pancakes every season, no idea why.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »