Home

Best Game youve ever played?

This is a discussion on Best Game youve ever played? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-31-2010, 10:37 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Best Game youve ever played?

Hi, I'm new here at these forums!

What was the best or most exciting game youve ever played? Not sure if this already exists, but i think it is discussion worthy.

I just played my best game today. I usually play as Michigan State in my dynasties but I decided to rebuild a team so I went with the Toledo Rockets.
I was going into the #12 ranked Boise State game with a 1-4 record, and atrocious play by my starting QB. I decided to start my 3rd string QB due to his scrambling abilities. I had gotten blown out in all of my 4 losses and narrowly defeated Wyoming. Basically, my team sucked.

I started off the game on D and picked off Kellen Moore on the first drive. My formerly abysmal offense surprisingly drove down the field and scored. The game became back and forth scoring until the 4th, where I was down by a TD with about 3 minutes left. I throw a pick, and then I stop Boise State on 3rd down and return the punt leaving me with a minute and 30 seconds to drive down the field. I get the score with a pass to my TE with 2 seconds remaining. I had forced the Broncos into OT.

In OT, Boise scored and then it was my turn. I drove to the 10 or so, and passed to my TE, who fumbled at the 2. It was disappointing but it was a really awesome game.

What were your best games?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-31-2010, 11:05 PM   #2
Pro

OVR: 5
Re: Best Game youve ever played?

Few seasons ago I played the most ridiculous game ever as Notre Dame vs Michigan. Game is at South Bend. Michigan storm out to a 35-0 lead as Denard Robinson goes 11-12 for 200 yards midway through the second quarter. I manage a 80 yard TD pass to end the half and get it to 35-14 at halftime. Second half I decide to just gun it out, passing every play (Syracuse playbook ftw).I come back and actually take the lead 52-45 with less than 2:00 to play. Denard takes them down the field and manages a 40 yard desperation TD pass on 4th down to send it to OT. I lose by a FG in double OT.

ESPN classic score of over 1800.
Old 12-31-2010, 11:08 PM   #3
Rookie

Thats awesome. Wow. I don't know what my classic points were, but it was #1 for me. It was like 14 or 1500 i think.
Old 12-31-2010, 11:09 PM   #4
Pro

khaled's Arena

OVR: 10

Went into 8 OTs with teambuilder UTSA against Florida in NCAA 10. Won 68-66

Old 12-31-2010, 11:11 PM   #5
Rookie

I thought my game was intense. Damn! 8 OTs?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-01-2011, 12:44 AM   #6
Rookie

I played a guy online once as Wisconsin and he was Iowa. The game went into 6 overtimes with me squeaking by to win. The score was in the high 50's.
Old 01-01-2011, 12:59 AM   #7
MVP

BlastX21's Arena

OVR: 16

Back when patch 2 had yet to be released and defense existed, I played this guy as TCU against Boise State.

Felt just like last year's Fiesta Bowl. Defensive struggle all the way. I gotta give this guy credit as his defense was just beastly. There simply were no open guys and I could not run at all. He didnt use any cheap tactics either, just great playcalling at the right times.

But this guy wasnt the best on offense. We basically shut each other down the whole game. I was able to move the ball a little though while he struggled to get every 1st down he got. In the end, he ends up holding me to 4 field goals and I win 12-0. I was sacked 6 times and him four. Those defensive wars are always fun.
Old 01-01-2011, 01:11 AM   #8
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

OVR: 31

I was down 17 points to rival. Then we traded tds, 24-7. I went a 31-0 run. I was up 38-24 with 4 mins. The CPU went on a hard comeback. They scored a quick Td and onside and scored again. It was 38-38 there was 50 secs left. First play of the drive, i went deep and completed it to the 5 yard line. I let the time run down to 2secs. They tried to ice me with 2 timeouts. I kicked the gamewinning FG. I won 41-38.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »