Home

patches and playaction

This is a discussion on patches and playaction within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 01-04-2011, 02:05 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: patches and playaction

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isura
Also, for those playing without the patch: How is the CPU running game? How is overall running from the spread/shotgun (particulary read options, counters and reverses ?)
CPU running game is better but I dont think it necessarily has to do with the CPU. Without the patches, the defensive lineman and linebackers take horrible angles at the HB and sometimes will even stop pursuit which was very frustrating.

I reinstalled the patches, use playmakers varsity sliders and I think those are the best. The running game for the CPU is very good and if you lower the CPU D a little, the spread can work.
Old 01-04-2011, 08:53 PM   #10
MVP

jbrew2411's Arena

OVR: 13
Re: patches and playaction

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhunt26
@jbrew -
since you've deleted your patches, have you had to change your sliders?
Still use the same Playmakers Varsity sliders I was using with the patches.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackBetty15
Guarantee...if yall want ot take the long time to do it, you guys would love this game if yall used the coaching sliders in dynasty. Playaction works when it should and overall the game is "new" to me. I love it, problem is, to get this result takes a bit of work. Heres to russ and his team fixing this reduntant issue
I have used coaches sliders with and without the patches. You are right, with the patches play-action only works at select times. I don't expect to be able to run play-action 3 times in a row and it work all 3 times, but I do expect if I call 3 run plays then a play-action I do expect it to freeze the LB's and safeties. With the patches no matter when I called it and what coaching sliders I used the D-ends crashed like they were in my huddle.
I have always said to any one thinking about deleting the patches that it may not be for you. Like Yeti, I talked to him though PM's where he tried it and has now gone back. That is cool. The game is different for everyone. I don't blame Russ, Ben or any of the NCAA team. The game is a good game in different ways for different people. That is why I didn't create a thread about how deleting the patches were the best thing ever. It works for me and I love the game. The issues Yeti was seeing I like. The way players always take perfect angles was one of the things that was killing me. He didn't like it. I like having cpu controlled QB's run on me where I didn't see that much with the patches.

Point is we all enjoy this games in different ways. We have to find what works for us and enjoy the game.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »