Home

Stoping the Sweep and Counter

This is a discussion on Stoping the Sweep and Counter within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-10-2011, 04:20 PM   #1
jpz
Rookie

OVR: 0
Stoping the Sweep and Counter

I have noticed that I can not stop the Sweep or Counter. My buddy runs Power I formation and runs the sweep or counter almost 7 out of 10 plays. I can't stop it! Drives me nuts. I blitz corners, I've brought my safties up to the line of scrimmage, I have my linebackers blitz to the outside and I've spread my line out. All with not much success. Occasionally I can get stop or contain them to a 3 or 4 yard gain.

Something I thought about doing was maybe doing the pre-snap feature where you can have your guys blitz to one side or up the middle. I have yet to do this.

I played this guy online today and he did the same thing. There were 55 seconds left before the half and he was on his 15 yard line and scored before the half running these two plays. It was really frustrating.

What can I do? Any help! PLEASE!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-10-2011, 04:44 PM   #2
Rookie

Schreck's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: Stoping the Sweep and Counter

I've had success using 4-3, pinching my line in, moving my OLB's wide and blitzing them around the outside. This leaves the MLB covering the RB, then I take whatever safety is covering the FB and crash wherever the play goes. Seems to be pretty effective for me.

Doing the pre-snap guess at which direction he'll run is dangerous, if you guess wrong, you give him a huge hole to run through. If you are 90% sure you know what way he'll run, go for it, just be prepared to watch him run for a long TD.
Old 01-11-2011, 10:10 AM   #3
jpz
Rookie

Something I have noticed with the counter. When I am in control of the safety it sucks me to the opposite direction when the ball is snapped. I have no control over it. I feel if it didn't do that, I could stop the counter. Is there anything I can do to eliminate this?
Old 01-11-2011, 06:44 PM   #4
Banned

1GATOR FAN's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpz
Something I have noticed with the counter. When I am in control of the safety it sucks me to the opposite direction when the ball is snapped. I have no control over it. I feel if it didn't do that, I could stop the counter. Is there anything I can do to eliminate this?
That's the whole point of a counter play isn't it? Lol. Or do you mean it just takes control of you're guy. If not then you just gotta quit biting on the fake
Old 01-11-2011, 06:45 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpz

Actually control the safety and not let the CPU do it for you?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-12-2011, 12:51 PM   #6
jpz
Rookie

I'm saying that I have control of the safey the the CPU makes my player start going the one way.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »