Home

Any Concrete info about NCAA 12?

This is a discussion on Any Concrete info about NCAA 12? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-11-2011, 01:44 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 2
Any Concrete info about NCAA 12?

So i know everybody has their wishlists and things they want to see changed but i was wondering if EA has came out and said anything that they are working on for NCAA 12? I know we have the cheerleader chants thread started by one of the developers but are there any other articles about what direction EA is going for NCAA 12? if you know of any articles post the link. Thanks
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-11-2011, 01:54 AM   #2
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

OVR: 31
Re: Any Concrete info about NCAA 12?

There will not be any info until Feb. We will probably get a picture, like
we gotten for the last two years.
Old 01-11-2011, 02:11 AM   #3
Live your life

Gotmadskillzson's Arena

OVR: 49

Yeah typically a few pictures in February, actual game play videos start rolling in at the end of March and throughout April, May. Normally the developer blogs and interviews start happening in mid to late March as well.

Really depends on how much hype they want to give the game. Last year they really wanted to prove a point that they actually made NCAA 11 different from NCAA 10, so therefore the hype machine was out in force last spring.

I think NCAA 12 will be a big leap, usually EA sports title have a big leap in improvement every 2 or 3 years. Less look at the history shall we:

NCAA & Madden 2000 - average
Both 2002 - big improvement
Both 2004 - big improvement
Both 2006 - Big Improvement
Both 2008 - Big improvement, on the PS2 and Xbox anyway
Both 2010 - Big improvement since 2009 was a HUGE letdown.

This year both improved GRAPHICALLY, but it wasn't that a huge jump in game play from last year. Presentation is just better this year along with dirty uniforms.

So for 12 I expect both make a big jump in game play. That is if EA continue to follow their pattern.
Old 01-11-2011, 02:28 AM   #4
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

OVR: 31

^^^ I agree. This year they can focus on gameplay and career modes. The graphics are very good. The only major visuals needed are improved player models, improved weather, and dreads(hopefully).
The first blog(http://ncaafootball.easports.com/blo...gId=first_blog) was about minor(major for some) features. I expect something similar.
NCAA 12 is headed for elite status. If they can get good hype, solid reviews, good gameplay vids, and high marketable cover athlete(s) they will get an improvement in sales. I do not think they have too much longer in the current contract. So if the sales improve they will get a extension probably.
Old 01-12-2011, 09:29 PM   #5
Rookie

gharp14's Arena

OVR: 12

unfortuntly the only thing i saw was adam thompson said there were going to be new cheerleading chants. But the info comes out end of feb. hoping they get some big info out early this year
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »