Home

Madden or NCAA 11?

This is a discussion on Madden or NCAA 11? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-11-2011, 01:43 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 5
Madden or NCAA 11?

I am going to go out and buy either of these games today, was wondering what you guys think is better gameplay wise... Hopefully I can get some honest opinions as I havent bought a Football game in a few years. It isnt a matter of liking the NFL or the NCAA I just want a good Football game that plays out well. Thanks!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-11-2011, 02:01 PM   #2
MVP

jbrew2411's Arena

OVR: 13
Re: Madden or NCAA 11?

I have always liked the NCAA series over Madden. Then again I like college football more then the NFL. I didn't buy Madden this year (only other time I had not bought Madden was 08 since playing the game in 1995) because Ian said before the game came out that little was changed from Madden 10. I still play Madden 10 when I need to play a pro game. I like NCAA 11. The game can be fun. If gameplay is your thing then you might like Madden more since it has better presentation. Why not try them both out some way to see which one you like. That way you can decide and not depend on the opinions of others.
Old 01-11-2011, 02:07 PM   #3
Rookie

Yea, all the BlockBusters went out of business around here and I dont have GameFly or anything like that. I guess I am going to go out to GameStop and get NCAA 11 and if I dont like it I will trade it in for Madden 11. I heard a lot of good things about NCAA.
Old 01-11-2011, 02:34 PM   #4
MVP

WizKhid's Arena

OVR: 10

Personally, i thought madden was good when i got it but after awhile it got dull to me but when i got NCAA 11 ( just 2 months ago) i haven't be able to put it down lol IMO i find NCAA pretty fun game to play for the long run because you have the Dynasty mode where you can get hired to different teams also i love the recruiting!

but its up to you which one you get i would suggest what jbrew said about getting both the games.

Miami Hurricanes|Houston Texans|Sacramento Kings
Old 01-11-2011, 02:57 PM   #5
MVP

jbrew2411's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by WizKhid
Personally, i thought madden was good when i got it but after awhile it got dull to me but when i got NCAA 11 ( just 2 months ago) i haven't be able to put it down lol IMO i find NCAA pretty fun game to play for the long run because you have the Dynasty mode where you can get hired to different teams also i love the recruiting!

but its up to you which one you get i would suggest what jbrew said about getting both the games.
I was not suggesting to get both games but find some way to play both to compare the two. I have been burned by following advice on this site about buying a game. I bought NCAA Basketball 10 after a number of people said it was better the Choops2k8. It lasted 2 weeks before I traded it back in. While I agree NCAA 11 has more to offer mode wise it still is lacking. At least with NCAA you can't blow the league up. In Madden it is way to easy to draft all the A & B potential players. Before the draft you can just make a spread sheet of all the players that have a green bar for potential and draft those players. While some will come in low in overall if they have an A potential they will improve. I have played some 17 season now with Madden 10 and have yet to draft a player lower then a C potential. Then there are a number of people that did draft guides detailing who to draft and when. I have yet to use one and would not. Madden is way to easy at times where NCAA is not always a given.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-11-2011, 03:08 PM   #6
Banned

OVR: 25
Location: Far far away from the vultures and snakes that reside in the united states.

Let me change that title for you lol. Madden AND NCAA, ya cant have one without the other in my opinion. They're made for each other, its like a marriage. I'm clueless as to why people compare them.

The continuity is what sells that thought process.

Not too much of a difference man. Actually Madden is more visceral than NCAA, it feels more....raw I guess would be a good word? Other than that, hey.....one is college one is the NFL thats the only major difference dude.

If you're detailed oriented, madden has a better variety of current facemasks and lots more equipment options (gloves, face paint, etc) I will say that.
Old 01-11-2011, 03:15 PM   #7
Pro

I've played over 120 games in my ncaa dynasty and not even close to sick of it. I haven't played tthat many games in all the Madden versions combined

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »