Home

Where is the shovel pass?

This is a discussion on Where is the shovel pass? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-13-2011, 03:40 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: Where is the shovel pass?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gotmadskillzson
Those aren't shovel passes......they just passes.
Look at the path of the runner. He goes in place of where the shovel passee would go. He's running behind the linemen and LOS. Its an alternative, never said it was the actual programmed shovel pass.
Old 01-14-2011, 02:15 AM   #10
Air Raid

Dr Death's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1GATOR FAN
Ya man that play came up huge more than once in Florida's championship game against OU.

It was a triple option play where the TE would come across and be the shovel pass option if the RB was covered or the Qb could just run it.

It's not in this game but I wish they would put it in..
It's actually a staple in the Run & Shoot too. June Jones uses this play a lot. Colt Brennan to Nate Ilaoa was gold for Hawaii. QB in shot-gun, RB beside him on the right. At the snap QB rolls left and RB runs left in front of the QB, QB shovels pass and hello end zone.

I have posted for years about this one friggin' play and also included video but EA never responds and never puts it in the game. This year they bring the Run & Shoot offense into the game, but their idea of a R&S team is a team that passes 50 times a game. They either have no clue what the R&S is about or they don't have the ability to truly implement it, and if the latter is the case they should know there are plenty of us who do know the offense and what they have in the game ain't it.

Good luck asking for the Shovel Pass. It's fallen on deaf ears for years!

Old 01-14-2011, 03:24 AM   #11
Pro

Bullet Sponge's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agency4Ever
Look at the path of the runner. He goes in place of where the shovel passee would go. He's running behind the linemen and LOS. Its an alternative, never said it was the actual programmed shovel pass.
I appreciate the attempt but that's not close to a shovel pass. Typically with a shovel pass the QB throws it directly forward for just a few yards and not over top of any lineman.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-14-2011, 04:25 AM   #12
Rookie

Zasnow's Arena

OVR: 4
maybe thats what i was thinking of
Old 01-14-2011, 12:19 PM   #13
Keep the Faith

TripleCrown9's Arena

OVR: 28

I used this play all the time on NFL 2K5. That Colts playbook was quite fun.
Old 01-14-2011, 03:33 PM   #14
Rookie

CenTechsan's Arena

OVR: 2

Yeah, those aren't really all that close to a shovel pass. Hell, Tecmo Bowl even had a shovel pass.

Anybody remember (I think it was 02 or 03 version) that had a play called "Destroy" where one of the receivers ran a funky little route where he came up right by the line of scrimmage and if you didn't drop back too far, your quarterback would throw an underhanded shovel pass to him? I used to run the hell out of that play.
Old 01-14-2011, 10:31 PM   #15
Air Raid

Dr Death's Arena

OVR: 17

Here is a Shovel Pass...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L9UbZGh1aHc

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-23-2011, 04:49 AM   #16
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by CenTechsan
Yeah, those aren't really all that close to a shovel pass. Hell, Tecmo Bowl even had a shovel pass.

Anybody remember (I think it was 02 or 03 version) that had a play called "Destroy" where one of the receivers ran a funky little route where he came up right by the line of scrimmage and if you didn't drop back too far, your quarterback would throw an underhanded shovel pass to him? I used to run the hell out of that play.

haha I can't believe you just brought that play up.. I used to run that play all the time.. It was unstoppable.. I feel like it was a trips set with a wide receiver doing something funky up the middle, one running a 7 yd out route, and I can't remember the other wide out's route.. but that play was the bomb!

And Dr Death, I share your love of Colt brennan and the run and shoot.. What is not to like about brennan? He played football in paradise, ran an awesome offense, and wore a tinted visor. Oh and can hawaii get rid of those hideous under armor jerseys and go back the old all black and white with silver pants nikes.. those two combos were tight

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »