Home

Are you milking the clock in the 4th quarter??

This is a discussion on Are you milking the clock in the 4th quarter?? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-29-2011, 12:25 PM   #9
Pro

OVR: 5
Re: Are you milking the clock in the 4th quarter??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deegeezy
I play on 9 minutes. I only allow myself to go into "milk clock mode" in the game's final 4 minutes, otherwise I feel as if I am ruining the sim by shortening the game to an unrealistic level.

The reason I choose under 4 minutes is because this is the point the CPU offense starts to milk the clock when they have the lead. I figure it is only fair that I only allow myself to do the same thing.
I do the same thing. I make an exception if it's a blowout though.
Old 01-29-2011, 12:47 PM   #10

Deegeezy's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isura
I do the same thing. I make an exception if it's a blowout though.
Ditto...If I am WAY ahead or WAY behind and there is absolutely no doubt what the outcome of the game is going to be, I start milking it much sooner. But the score would really have to be out of hand for me to do that - like 42-0 or something ridiculous.

COACH GEEZY IN THE BIG EASY PART III: LEGACY | FROM BOURBON ST. TO THE BAYOU
Old 01-29-2011, 12:52 PM   #11
MVP

davis420's Arena

OVR: 25

If I'm in the lead in the 4th Qtr. I'll run ball control when there is about 3 minutes left. Other then that I just play a normal game, letting the play clock run until about 10 or 15 secs. I play on 8 minute Qtrs.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-29-2011, 12:58 PM   #12
Banned

MachoFantastic's Arena

OVR: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by orangeafroman
You guys must average 60-70 points a game with 9 minute quarters! That blows my mind.

I average about 40/game on 5 minute quarters.
It sounds like you just need to turn the difficulty up. I play 9 minute quarters and I average right around 115 plays per game (which is right around the average in real life).
Old 01-29-2011, 12:59 PM   #13
Pro

Pielet's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by davis420
If I'm in the lead in the 4th Qtr. I'll run ball control when there is about 3 minutes left. Other then that I just play a normal game, letting the play clock run until about 10 or 15 secs. I play on 8 minute Qtrs.
This makes NO sense. You are running chew clock by letting the play clock run until 10-15 seconds. Out of the huddle on chew clock you come out at 10-12s. That's no different.

It's ok to use this when you feel it is at an appropriate time. If you think only 4min left is, then fine. Ending of the 2nd half should be considered too. If I am driving (human or CPU), I'd start conserving clock so the other doesn't get the ball back with a minute left. There is nothing wrong with that.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »