Home

Help! XBOX360 will not come on!

This is a discussion on Help! XBOX360 will not come on! within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-27-2011, 07:24 AM   #1

Deegeezy's Arena

OVR: 15
Help! XBOX360 will not come on!

Wasn't exactly sure where to post this but I have a huge problem.

So I go this morning to turn on my XBOX console and it simply will not come on. I tried different outlets, tried turning it on from the controller and also from the console itself. It is dead. I have no idea why. It worked fine yesterday.

Anyway, buying a new console today is not a problem (I'm too impatient to wait for a repair to be done and have it shipped back).

Is there any way for me to set up my XBOX Live profile onto a new console if purchased? I have all of my dynasty information saved to both the hard drive and to an external memory card thankfully.

But will I be able to access the files on my memory card without having my gamertag associated with this new console? Is there a way to get it onto this new console?

COACH GEEZY IN THE BIG EASY PART III: LEGACY | FROM BOURBON ST. TO THE BAYOU
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-27-2011, 07:31 AM   #2
MVP

OVR: 36
Re: Help! XBOX360 will not come on!

You can do a license transfer and recover your gamertag. The former will bring all your downloaded stuff to your new XBox. If you can still use your old hard drive, that will keep all your old saves intact. The latter will allow you to keep your GT and gamerscore/achievements.

My advice if you plan on buying a new system anyways is to still send it into MS, so you have a backup.

You can only do the license transfer once every 365 days, but if you already have done that you can call MS and they can do a manual transfer. Hope this helps.
Old 01-27-2011, 07:38 AM   #3

Deegeezy's Arena

My only objective is recovering my dynasty. It is all saved to an external memory card. I religiously save everything with my dynasty twice, onto two seperate places.

I have no way to access my old hard drive without the console turning on, right?

I guess what my main question is simply put....Is there such thing as buying a new console, connecting it to the internet, and with a few mouse clicks and typing, telling it that this is "Deegeezy" (my gamertag) and with that it automatically puts "Deegeezy" onto my new console.

Old 01-27-2011, 07:45 AM   #4

Deegeezy's Arena

Also, is it possible somewhere for me to pick and choose which patch/tuner sets I want for NCAA? The ones I like are only on the hard drive.

I didn't download the last sets because I heard it ruins defensive play.

Old 01-27-2011, 08:51 AM   #5
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deegeezy
My only objective is recovering my dynasty. It is all saved to an external memory card. I religiously save everything with my dynasty twice, onto two seperate places.

I have no way to access my old hard drive without the console turning on, right?

I guess what my main question is simply put....Is there such thing as buying a new console, connecting it to the internet, and with a few mouse clicks and typing, telling it that this is "Deegeezy" (my gamertag) and with that it automatically puts "Deegeezy" onto my new console.

Well if you have an XBox Slim, I have no idea how that works. I'd imagine it's just like any other standard computer hard drive in that you can remove it and put it in your soon-to-be-new-system, which takes care of all your save worries. If it's an old (regular) 360, then just remove the HDD and plug it in the new system when you get it.

re: your main question, yes that's what recover gamertag is. When you hook the new system up to XBL, you can choose recover gamertag from the dashboard, which will carry everything to the new system minus downloads and saves. That's why you just need to swap out the HDD and recover gamertag. I've had to do it before myself. I'm just saying, some things may not come over properly (downloaded games, DLC), so if your new system is your MAIN system, then I'd do a license transfer. More on that here:

http://www.xbox.com/en-US/Support/LicenseMigration/Home

Again, the short answer to your questions is yes you can. If you have any issues PM me and I'll try to help as best as I can. Unfortunately I have a lot of experience with XBOX issues.

RE: choosing patches

Short answer: Kinda.
Real answer: Only if you don't plan on playing online games and you have the set you like already. If you do, you'll need the most recent set of tuner/patch. There's no way to revert to an old tuner set or patch in NCAA. When they update, you update, unless you don't play online.

Last edited by RedZoneD25; 01-27-2011 at 08:53 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-27-2011, 10:13 AM   #6

Deegeezy's Arena

Thanks for the info. No I don't play online. Only offline dynasty mode.

I figured out how to move the Hard Drive, I didn't even realize it was detachable.

So I have that, will buy a new XBOX today, will attach the hard drive to it. Then I need to transfer my gamertag.

Good stuff. It sucks to have to buy a new console, but money comes and goes. I'm just glad I won't lose my saves.

....Thanks again for the info!
Old 01-27-2011, 10:42 AM   #7
MVP

Glad I could help. I hope this 360 works out better for you!
Old 01-27-2011, 03:58 PM   #8

Deegeezy's Arena

Upon further review, it was indeed a bad power cord. Game Stop didn't have one they'd let me use but there was a repair shop right down the street that diagnosed the problem and sold me a new power cord for $29.

Thanks again man!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »