Home

Does anyone else hate the Chew clock feature?

This is a discussion on Does anyone else hate the Chew clock feature? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-30-2011, 10:58 PM   #9
Rookie

Raw-Cane's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: Does anyone else hate the Chew clock feature?

its not exactly the same because of the quarter length...When i play ppl at tha house and i try to run it out manually that WHOLE quarter doesnt run out
Old 01-30-2011, 11:00 PM   #10
Rookie

Raw-Cane's Arena

And i mean they should tailor the feature because the quarter length not the actual core of the feature
Old 01-31-2011, 04:53 AM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 0

I wish they would take the feature further and let us choose how much time to run off the clock like in madden. That way we could use 15 minute quarters and have realistic stats.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-31-2011, 08:25 AM   #12
Rookie

OVR: 2

I think when you are playing 6-8 minute quarters it actually borders on unsportsmanslike to run the clock like that until the 4th quarter. Just look at ANY level of football... do you see any college football or pro football team purposes run the clock down on every single play in the first quarter? No. And lets say that you are playing six minute quarters... running the clock down to like 1 or 2 seconds on every play means that if you run 4 plays you can take over 1/3 of the quarters' clock off... that's just plain dumb.

I turn on the game to PLAY a game of football, not watch someone abuse the clock. Now if they run a 13 play drive and they chew clock, well more power to them, they earned their T.O.P... otherwise lets actually play the dang game...
Old 01-31-2011, 10:32 AM   #13
Rookie

Raw-Cane's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrAnguish
I think when you are playing 6-8 minute quarters it actually borders on unsportsmanslike to run the clock like that until the 4th quarter. Just look at ANY level of football... do you see any college football or pro football team purposes run the clock down on every single play in the first quarter? No. And lets say that you are playing six minute quarters... running the clock down to like 1 or 2 seconds on every play means that if you run 4 plays you can take over 1/3 of the quarters' clock off... that's just plain dumb.

I turn on the game to PLAY a game of football, not watch someone abuse the clock. Now if they run a 13 play drive and they chew clock, well more power to them, they earned their T.O.P... otherwise lets actually play the dang game...
exactly... and im speaking of online ranked matches... so with 5 min quarters its no room to actually play a "real" game with momentum swings... that means if im down 7-3 at half and they score game is done. ive had games where i get 3 possessions the whole game. and this is worse when i play against the Bamas ond OSUs or any other team with super linemen.Say what you want but they need to do something about it.

when i see them chewing clock on possession number 1 i can predct the game plan. 3 yards and dust 3 yards again then4... o i get them for a loss 2nd and 12 good lets go... then 3 yd run now ... 3rd and 9 ok i got em right. WRONG 5WR Verticals with a strongside slot shake route Huge gain . Now 3yds and dust etc.....
Old 01-31-2011, 10:53 AM   #14
Banned

1GATOR FAN's Arena

OVR: 9

I agree i hate it. They put the real huddle time you have in real life, but it dont fit 5 minute quaters.

Shoot online you get 3 first downs in the 4th and you win game over.... It makes comebacks near immpossible. If you ever go against a big RB in the 4th you might as well not even try sence they have that fall forward animation that gives them a extra 2-3 yards. And the thing about it is there is nothing you can do to stop that animation even if you have 2 LB's ready to make a tackle they just fall over because of the animation.

So pretty much if youre team ever fumbles, drops, ect.... Most of the time you dont have time to make up for that mistake like you would in real life
Old 01-31-2011, 12:50 PM   #15
Rookie

Raw-Cane's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1GATOR FAN
I agree i hate it. They put the real huddle time you have in real life, but it dont fit 5 minute quaters.

Shoot online you get 3 first downs in the 4th and you win game over.... It makes comebacks near immpossible. If you ever go against a big RB in the 4th you might as well not even try sence they have that fall forward animation that gives them a extra 2-3 yards. And the thing about it is there is nothing you can do to stop that animation even if you have 2 LB's ready to make a tackle they just fall over because of the animation.

So pretty much if youre team ever fumbles, drops, ect.... Most of the time you dont have time to make up for that mistake like you would in real life
thats exactly what im saying its almost cheating i promise.If u play against pryor or ingram etc pack it in
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-31-2011, 12:53 PM   #16
MVP

OVR: 0

Even if they remove chew clock they could sit there and wait untill 1 on the play clock. Atleast this way we don't have to sit and wait.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »