Home

Top 25 rankings

This is a discussion on Top 25 rankings within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-01-2011, 08:26 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Top 25 rankings

I'm having a lot of trouble coming to reason with these. Last week I was 10-1
Unranked in my OD playing against a USER 11-0 team who was # 1 in the nation. I won, and now i'm only # 21 while they are still # 4 going into conference championship week. They will be moving up to a 6 star prestige by years end while I'll be stuck at 5 star because of this flawed system. The problem is that I wasn't ranked preseason and for this reason I couldn't recover. Not to mention my loss was week 1 so I am on a 11 game tear and only # 21. This needs to be addressed in '12 because it is just SO unrealistic it's beyond words. Anybody else have crazy stories about the flawed ranking system?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-01-2011, 09:05 PM   #2
Pro

FedExPope's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: Top 25 rankings

Yeah, if you beat Alabama as Penn State in week 2 in 2010, you'll shoot up to #3 in one poll, but will still be double digits in the other. Every time, without fail.

I once went undefeated as Arizona State, and was regulated to #3 in favor of an SEC school, who was #2, who played a Big Ten team, who was #1. In another dynasty, I went undefeated as Florida, and was ranked #3 in favor of Stanford, ranked #2 who went on to play a Big Ten team, who was #1. After that experience I was absolutely convined the game purposely kept you out of the championship game if there were undefeated CPU teams.
Old 02-03-2011, 05:17 AM   #3
Banned

OVR: 20

Right now I am 11-1 (#4), with a win over the #3 team (that is 10-2), which I also happened to have defeated earlier in the season.
Old 02-03-2011, 07:05 AM   #4
Rookie

Ike Slider2's Arena

OVR: 10

As Middle Tennessee State I went 12-0 after joining the SEC and finished #23

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »