Home

Strange Mystery Athlete...

This is a discussion on Strange Mystery Athlete... within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-04-2011, 01:25 AM   #17
MVP

BlastX21's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: Strange Mystery Athlete...

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelers1
Looks like a FB who could play some LB. Too bad he's so small.
Its not like size matters though. Its 100% ratings. A 150 pounder with 99 power move will be a force on the defensive line.
Old 02-04-2011, 02:21 AM   #18
Banned

devinewon's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrew2411
Welcome to NCAA 11. Even with the tuners, which improved the recruits a little, there are still some messed up looking players. I have seen the RB's that run a sub 4.3 40 but only have C's in ACC & AGL ratings. I love the #1 ranked SS's that run a 4.7 40 and have C's & D's for ACC & AGL. Then there are ATH's like this who make great o-linemen but only weigh around 200lbs.
Exactly. Regardless what anyone says the number 2 overall prospect should NEVER be a FB. NEVER EVER. NCAA 2011 has taken a step back in so many ways.
Old 02-04-2011, 04:41 AM   #19
Pro

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlastX21
Its not like size matters though. Its 100% ratings. A 150 pounder with 99 power move will be a force on the defensive line.
True, but even though weight doesn't matter, I won't but a ridiculously undersized guy at a position like OL... It just doesn't seem right.
Old 02-04-2011, 08:10 AM   #20
Pro

44drob's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by vexerr
So I'm in year 5 of an online dynasty with a couple friends and this guy just happens to fall into my lap. Hes the top ATH and the second overall prospect, and for the life of me I have no idea what position he is or what really makes him so special. I offered him solely on his ranking and the fact that he loves me, he committed on the spot.

HEIGHT 5'11 MCV D+
WEIGHT 200 ZCV C
SPD C BTK C-
STR C+ BCV D
AGI C TAK D
AWR D- HPW B-
STA C- PUR D-
INJ C+ PRC D
CTH D THP D-
CIT D PBK B-
RTE D- RBK C-

BSH D-
WOAH hes not good to be the 2nd ATH overall lol

GLORYERACLOTHING.COM
TRU2THA GAME
Old 02-04-2011, 10:24 AM   #21
Rookie

OVR: 2

I had a guy one year that was a highly rated (four star) Athlete (top 15 I believe).... that had SPEED/ACCEL only. Everything else was D- while recruiting. Everything. Not sure how he ended up as a four star without any actual football skills.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-04-2011, 10:53 AM   #22
Rookie

SynShadowzz's Arena

OVR: 3

4-Star ATH I'm currently recruiting is (off the top of my head)

I think D+ SPD, B- ACC, B+ THP, F Zone Cov, C+ Man Cov, C- Tackle, and the rest is D- I believe...

I'm not sure what to make of him.. I mean B+ THP tells me QB (can't see THA), but C+ man coverage with F zone coverage? What the hell is that? C- tackle but D+ speed?

Is he a super slow QB/SS/OLB combo?

I'm just super, super, confused. I'm barely on the top of his list, so we'll see what happens.

Any ideas?
Old 02-04-2011, 10:55 AM   #23
Rookie

SynShadowzz's Arena

Forgot to add, I don't remember what this guy's Height/Weight are... so I'll let you know when I get home.
Old 02-04-2011, 10:23 PM   #24
Rookie

Best for me was the #1 ATH my friend got in our OD as Michigan. 6'2"-6'4" i believe. And ONLY 192 or so pounds. But bs 85 str, and deadly 98 speed and near that ACC and AGL. Of course stupid *** EA lets this guy rate as a 84 or 85 overall DE as a frosh.

Luckily my friend thought he couldnt get off blocks with him (though i think his block shedding was decent). And he moved him to MLB (still cheesey BS at that size) Did pretty good for him there, but as he usually plays a DE wasnt killer.

As others have said in this thread, I personally wont do cheesey BS like that and put guys where their size and weight dictate. If EA says I can put the 195 pound guy at TE, DE, or even OT, I say no thank you.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »