Home

Online Dynasty Horror Stories!

This is a discussion on Online Dynasty Horror Stories! within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-16-2011, 02:38 PM   #1
Banned

devinewon's Arena

OVR: 9
Online Dynasty Horror Stories!

Bugs, and Glitches and BS Oh my!

We all watched with horror as the guy with Rutgers didn't even start the Dynasty with New Jersey as a pipeline state.

We saw as a Nebraska team won the Big 12 two years straight and his team looked like it was a JV team because no one wanted to go there.

My West Virginia team watched the National Championship game from home as Michigan went to the big game after I had beaten them head to head at the big house.

We watched the LSU guy change his team to USC in disgust because his freshman All America Tailback transfered to Florida after a 1,900 yard season.

We saw the Georgia guy not be able to save players leaving and have his guys transfer to Florida.

We saw a national title game not be able to get past the coin flip after a dozen tries.

We saw it trap players in week 1 of offseason recruiting.

We saw week one recruiting get wiped out for one team.

We saw after recruiting someone for 500 points the recap say 0.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-16-2011, 03:19 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: Online Dynasty Horror Stories!

All of your points I concur are dynasty glitch garbage, except for two:

** Just because West Virginia beat Michigan, that doesn't mean they automatically should've been in the NC. The NCAA in real life has done things just as stupid (teams not even BEING in their conference championship game going to the NC over the team that wont he conf final) If Michigan's remaining OOC schedule, and their draw of games in their conference were exceptionally hard that might have pushed them over you, expecially if your OOC was weaker.

** The LSU freshman transferring. That might be unlikely, but you never know what a college kid might do... stranger things have happened...

~~~
My main OD has had similar issues... 8 guys, very competitive, all playing in the SEC or ACC. Every offseason is a total crapshoot. We're about to be between seasons 6 and 7 and every year there are things like:

~ The server won't accept a guys 'players leaving' saves (3 years in a row to one guy)
~ The server won't allow guys to REJECT transfers
~ Won't accept position switches (happened to me and it forced me to take a bunch of craptastic walk ons that were 20-25 points lower than the recruits I had to cut for them)
~ Won't accept all player CUTS (every year it'll take some, but not all... it then randomly cuts the last few)
~ The very well known home/away schedule glitch (one guy this year got saddled with an AWESOME 4 home games)
~ One guy, every few years, gets kicked out starting the offseason, and can't log back in until around the 4th week
~ I also have seen the first week of offseason recruiting get negated. Added a bunch of guys, recruited them. Went back in for week two and NONE of them were on my board. It was like the week never existed for me

So yeah.. its bull... definitely sucks when you put 50% of your time every season into recruiting / planning for the future, etc... and then the game decides its going to hit your dynasty with a tornado every offseason just to shake things up...

We all have come to expect the unexpected... I don't think anyone expects the offseason to ever be flawless anymore...

Last edited by DrAnguish; 02-16-2011 at 03:21 PM.
Old 02-16-2011, 07:02 PM   #3
Banned

devinewon's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrAnguish

** Just because West Virginia beat Michigan, that doesn't mean they automatically should've been in the NC. The NCAA in real life has done things just as stupid (teams not even BEING in their conference championship game going to the NC over the team that wont he conf final) If Michigan's remaining OOC schedule, and their draw of games in their conference were exceptionally hard that might have pushed them over you, expecially if your OOC was weaker.

** The LSU freshman transferring. That might be unlikely, but you never know what a college kid might do... stranger things have happened...

~~~
My main OD has had similar issues... 8 guys, very competitive, all playing in the SEC or ACC. Every offseason is a total crapshoot. We're about to be between seasons 6 and 7 and every year there are things like:

~ The server won't accept a guys 'players leaving' saves (3 years in a row to one guy)
~ Won't accept position switches (happened to me and it forced me to take a bunch of craptastic walk ons that were 20-25 points lower than the recruits I had to cut for them)
~ Won't accept all player CUTS (every year it'll take some, but not all... it then randomly cuts the last few)
~ The very well known home/away schedule glitch (one guy this year got saddled with an AWESOME 4 home games)
~ One guy, every few years, gets kicked out starting the offseason, and can't log back in until around the 4th week
~ I also have seen the first week of offseason recruiting get negated. Added a bunch of guys, recruited them. Went back in for week two and NONE of them were on my board. It was like the week never existed for me

So yeah.. its bull... definitely sucks when you put 50% of your time every season into recruiting / planning for the future, etc... and then the game decides its going to hit your dynasty with a tornado every offseason just to shake things up...

We all have come to expect the unexpected... I don't think anyone expects the offseason to ever be flawless anymore...
Except that they always just happen to go to Florida. Hmmmm
Old 02-16-2011, 10:24 PM   #4
Rookie

antdawg9's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrAnguish

~~~

There are alot of bugs, but the home/away glitch has a workaround. Basically after you finish the schedule, move to the next team. When you go back to that teams schedule, it will be screwed up. At that point just fix it again. Usually after you fix it the second time it will be correct. I haven't noticed it messing up once I started checking and rechecking the schedules. It's a pain and I hope they fix it, but for those having problems with it, that's a way to workaround it.

But I've had all the problems above and it is very aggravating. I once got screwed over badly by not being able to reject transfers. I was having a really good recruiting season and I already had 20 guys committed in the in-season recruiting. In the offseason I had 4 guys transfer to me which was easily the most ever. But 2 of the players were not very good and I didn't want them, plus I wanted to save a few schollys for the new recruits coming up. But it wouldn't allow me to reject the transfers so I only had one scholly remaining for the offseason.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »