Home

Favorite Kind of Offense

This is a discussion on Favorite Kind of Offense within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-19-2011, 01:54 AM   #17
Banned

PatriotJames's Arena

OVR: 20
Re: Favorite Kind of Offense

Spread...I never go for much of an offensive line and usually have 5 great WR's and a great QB...decent halfback to run the draw to change it up. It becomes a problem only when the opposing team has a great secondary then I'm usually in trouble lol.
Old 02-19-2011, 02:23 AM   #18
Rookie

cmlax011's Arena

OVR: 1

It all really depends on how talented my overall offense is. If I'm playing as an offense that doesn't have much firepower I usually resort to west coast style or maybe the spread if the HB is any decent. If I'm running with a high power offense I prefer to run a pro style to control the clock, maybe some option if my QB has decent speed.
Old 02-19-2011, 10:20 AM   #19
Banned

ViLLiO's Arena

OVR: 13

Pro style, under center power running offense with the ability to go spread no huddle if necessary.

Favorite playbooks:
Ole Miss
West Virginia
Kentucky
Minnesota
Old 02-19-2011, 10:37 AM   #20
MVP

OVR: 34

1) Run & Shoot
2) Air Raid
3) Spread-Option

Playbooks I use depending on my mood and what kind of QB I have+surrounding parts, are

In no particular order:

SMU
Georgia Tech
BYU
Arizona
MTSU
West Virginia
Notre Dame

Last edited by sportyguyfl31; 02-19-2011 at 11:54 AM.
Old 02-19-2011, 12:36 PM   #21
Pro

dougdfc's Arena

OVR: 0

Well whenever I play dynasty or anything, the opposing defense always seems to break the line before players get open. So for that reason I need a speedy Quarterback. Back on topic, I run the Oregon Spread, since It is almost pure benefit to my style of play(fast QB/RB, TE plays huge Role for me). I tried running a pure option(some of my favorite plays in the Oregon SPread), but I always seem to get stuffed by every team that isn't an FCS team. Just yesterday I won 7-0 to Army, where as I won the national title against Notre Dame(an all A team) 48-14 using the spread.

Kind of a side topic, are there any tips to using the Pure Option?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-19-2011, 12:45 PM   #22
Banned

PatriotJames's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by dougdfc
Well whenever I play dynasty or anything, the opposing defense always seems to break the line before players get open. So for that reason I need a speedy Quarterback. Back on topic, I run the Oregon Spread, since It is almost pure benefit to my style of play(fast QB/RB, TE plays huge Role for me). I tried running a pure option(some of my favorite plays in the Oregon SPread), but I always seem to get stuffed by every team that isn't an FCS team. Just yesterday I won 7-0 to Army, where as I won the national title against Notre Dame(an all A team) 48-14 using the spread.

Kind of a side topic, are there any tips to using the Pure Option?
a tip all together for your o-line is to put them on aggressive in your gameplan...you'll get more holding calls but they'll also sell out blocks and the defense won't be tearing up your line... you can always use sliders to adjust as well.
Old 02-19-2011, 01:30 PM   #23
Rookie

wesman94's Arena

OVR: 2

Mine is the Spread Option. love to get quick QB and Have 2 backs to switch between: a power runner and a speed runner. Love the flex formations. Uses Oregon or West Virgina most often.

Also, depending on my QB situation, i'll switch to normal spread or even Air Raid if my QB is a good pocket passer.

For ex. I used UAB in dynasty, and I checked out there playbook. They have NO UC formation ex. goal line. Have several flex in there, too. So instead of switching to UO or WV, I tried out there's. It really was great.
Old 02-19-2011, 03:57 PM   #24
Rookie

orangeafroman's Arena

OVR: 3

Multiple.....can run 5 wide or the wishbone option in the same playbook.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »