Home

School Transfers (how it works?)

This is a discussion on School Transfers (how it works?) within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-17-2011, 07:49 PM   #1
Banned

PatriotJames's Arena

OVR: 20
School Transfers (how it works?)

In my 6th season now as ISU and I haven't gotten 1 player wanting to transfer to my school. Every year I have 1-2 players wanting to go to another school. I was just wondering what the deal is? Is it because I'm too good of a school or have to do with my depth chart being deep?

Thanks
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-17-2011, 07:58 PM   #2
Banned

Rotax's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: School Transfers (how it works?)

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatriotJames
In my 6th season now as ISU and I haven't gotten 1 player wanting to transfer to my school. Every year I have 1-2 players wanting to go to another school. I was just wondering what the deal is? Is it because I'm too good of a school or have to do with my depth chart being deep?

Thanks
Depth and you have to make sure when you do player cuts you ahve less then 70 players. I was a 6 star with Miami and got a tight end from florida one year. I always make sure to limit my players to 69 and try to carry 68. Just keep reloading going into the offseason until you get a transfer.
Old 02-17-2011, 08:03 PM   #3
Banned

PatriotJames's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rotax
Depth and you have to make sure when you do player cuts you ahve less then 70 players. I was a 6 star with Miami and got a tight end from florida one year. I always make sure to limit my players to 69 and try to carry 68. Just keep reloading going into the offseason until you get a transfer.
ahh ok thats why nobody would transfer cuz i was always keeping 70 players.

thanks bud!
Old 02-17-2011, 08:47 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 3

How does it work with your current recruiting class.

Lets say:
Prior to Season Roster Size: 68
End of Season Players Leaving: 12
New Roster Size is: 56
Number of Recruits Signed prior to offseason: 15
New Roster Size is up to: 71

Where do you have to make sure you have less than 70? I play as Purdue and always have less than 70 when the seasons starts, but I NEVER get any transfers. Does it have to do with depth at all positions (because i try to always keep 2 deeps everywhere) or NEEDS? Or is is purely on Roster Size?
Old 02-17-2011, 09:20 PM   #5
Banned

PatriotJames's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by boilerfan1509

Lets say:

Where do you have to make sure you have less than 70? I play as Purdue and always have less than 70 when the seasons starts, but I NEVER get any transfers. Does it have to do with depth at all positions (because i try to always keep 2 deeps everywhere) or NEEDS? Or is is purely on Roster Size?
it cant be depth because i have a terrible punter & kicker...you think someone that is on the bench that wants to start would come to transfer. it has to be roster size...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-18-2011, 09:40 AM   #6
Rookie

Ike Slider2's Arena

OVR: 10

As far as I can tell it is roster size but also factors in some recruiting like if you have a ton of recruits or a recruit coming to that position then you won't get a transfer at that position.
Old 02-18-2011, 10:02 AM   #7
Rookie

89OneHanded's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by boilerfan1509

Lets say:

It has nothing to do with players leaving or your current number of signed recruits. It is based solely on the player cuts you made in the previous offseason. If you cut your roster down to 68, you have a chance of getting 1-2 transfers. The logic of which positions transfer is lost on me however, there seems to be no rhyme or reason, but then again, when has EA made anything based on rhyme or reason?

Last edited by 89OneHanded; 02-18-2011 at 03:13 PM.
Old 02-18-2011, 10:17 AM   #8
Rookie

VonRye's Arena

OVR: 8

Thanks for the heads up on having your roster be below 70. I always wondered why the transfer box was empty, and now *duh* I know why.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »