Home

Why people complain about the game so much...

This is a discussion on Why people complain about the game so much... within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-04-2011, 01:35 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: Why people complain about the game so much...

I have fun with it. The only thing I don't like is the stat trackers.

sure there are some things I would like added, but I play the game every night and have fun building up my team
Old 03-04-2011, 01:42 PM   #10
Banned

OVR: 20

I think a decent majority of posters in this forum are crotchety old men clamoring for a game that doesn't exist anymore, and may or may not exist in the future. They were fans of NCAA football games on last gen, and have been more or less fighting the new games ever since. So opposed to this forum being a place for fans of the current game, it's mostly for fans of some random iteration of the game from six or eight years ago.
Old 03-04-2011, 01:47 PM   #11
MVP

Pokes404's Arena

OVR: 10

Sometimes it's hard for me to put my finger on what exactly is wrong with the game, but to put it simply, if I were to describe NCAA on the PS2 in two words, they would be realism and fluidity. If I were to describe NCAA on the PS3 in two words they would be robotic and arcade.

There's simply something about how these games feel. Sure they look better because of the graphics, but they feel all wrong. The players don't feel like real people. They feel like hallow, floating objects that aren't really bound to real world physics and don't have any real weight to them. The whole game feels more twitchy and less fluid than on the last-gen consoles. It was quite a bit better in NCAA 11, but still no where near the PS2 games.

You are correct though in pointing out that people are so hard on this game because they care deeply about it. Everyone knows they can do better because they've done better in the past (on systems that supposedly weren't as powerful). Not to mention the fact that they are the only game in town. If people want football, they have to go to EA. So you'd better believe that when people see an area where EA is lacking, they're going to let them know about it. Sometimes it is out of "hatred," but more often than not it's done out of a desire to make the game better.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-04-2011, 01:56 PM   #12
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullet Sponge
The result is a landslide of complaints, because we just want perfection. But it's also an indicator of just how much we play this game and how closely we look at it. So to those who complain about the complainers... Well, remember the old saying, "you always hurt the one you love" :P
It's enablers like you that keep NCAAF the way it is right now. Please, by all means, continue. It's not like the rest of us are waiting on any substantial progress. And before you say another word, I didn't pay a cent for my game--I won it in a contest. The last NCAAF game I bought was a used copy of NCAA 2004. There's a reason for this: any other genre of gaming making similarly snail-like progression in development would have been crushed ages ago. Imagine if World of Warcraft charged full price for its expansions and released them every year with the same instances, bosses, loot, etc., except with slightly different combat and a few new items. They made that game, it was called Tabula Rasa, and it was cancelled within months.

Sports fans are just stupid.
Old 03-04-2011, 02:02 PM   #13
Hall Of Fame

Playmakers's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by aidanbox360
I have fun with it. The only thing I don't like is the stat trackers.

sure there are some things I would like added, but I play the game every night and have fun building up my team
Agree....i enjoy this years game. I play it almost every day and haven't really had any issues with the gameplay. There are a few issues but the way i see it every sports game has issues and next year NCAA 12 will have issues.

I do think at times some people expect way too much and forget it's still a video game at the end of the day.

I've played Madden and Backbreaker this year and IMO NCAA 11 is the best playing football game on the market this year hands down regardless of it's alleged flaws.

Follow some the Greatest College Football players of All Time in NCAA Football 14
Old 03-04-2011, 03:16 PM   #14
MVP

Kaiser Wilhelm's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by NEOPARADIGM
I think a decent majority of posters in this forum are crotchety old men clamoring for a game that doesn't exist anymore, and may or may not exist in the future. They were fans of NCAA football games on last gen, and have been more or less fighting the new games ever since. So opposed to this forum being a place for fans of the current game, it's mostly for fans of some random iteration of the game from six or eight years ago.

I disagree. Those who actually played NCAA Football on the previous generation, particularly between NCAA Football 04 and NCAA Football 06
remember great games that made actual strides forward. Now is it reasonable to expect a game to continue to progress in a linear or even exponential rate no. The problem is nobody expected the game to go back so far, and never even come close to where it was 6 years ago.

I would have to say it is very reasonable to expect a game made in 2010 to be atleast equal in quality of gameplay and features, as a game made in 2005. The fact of the matter is, outside of graphical improvements to the crowd and other useless stuff, this game is overall in a worse state.

The OP is correct. We pick this game apart so much because we love this series, and we love college football, and for a lot of us it pains us to see where we are compared to where we were.
If anybody is interested in a "spiritual successor to the socom franchise, check out this thread.
Old 03-04-2011, 03:30 PM   #15
Pro

Scrapps's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaiser Wilhelm

I disagree. Those who actually played NCAA Football on the previous generation, particularly between NCAA Football 04 and NCAA Football 06
remember great games that made actual strides forward. Now is it reasonable to expect a game to continue to progress in a linear or even exponential rate no. The problem is nobody expected the game to go back so far, and never even come close to where it was 6 years ago.

I would have to say it is very reasonable to expect a game made in 2010 to be atleast equal in quality of gameplay and features, as a game made in 2005. The fact of the matter is, outside of graphical improvements to the crowd and other useless stuff, this game is overall in a worse state.

The OP is correct. We pick this game apart so much because we love this series, and we love college football, and for a lot of us it pains us to see where we are compared to where we were.
Well said. People are not being unrealistic. We simply want the gameplay and features of last gen, with the graphics of current gen. This should have been easily accomplished by now. There is absolutely no valid reason why this game plays better on ps2, than ps3.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-04-2011, 03:32 PM   #16
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaiser Wilhelm

I agree, I can honestly say, just give me NCAA 2006 or 2007 for the PS2 with updated graphics and a kicking meter that made kicking FG's harder for the human and I'd be all set.

Or give me 2008 for the PS2 with fixed pursuit angles and updated graphics and harder kicking game and I'd be all set. They were alot more features and better stat engine on the PS2. It doesn't make sense.

We aren't complaining just to complain, we want EA to make the best game possible. Its a win/win for them. they make a better game and make more money. I don't get the people who cry when someone gives constructive criticism.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »