Home

Are We Back To Playing Second Fiddle Again?

This is a discussion on Are We Back To Playing Second Fiddle Again? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-22-2011, 07:36 PM   #9
MVP

boritter's Arena

OVR: 31
Re: Are We Back To Playing Second Fiddle Again?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoToledo
I think the Madden devs have always been more active with the community. Hasn't always led to a better game, IMO. I wouldn't freak out just yet.

Nice post. I doubt NCAA 12 will have custom playbooks but I bet NCAA 12 has a few features that Madden 12 lacks.

But only time will tell...
Old 03-22-2011, 10:38 PM   #10
All Star

Aggies7's Arena

OVR: 39

I would not worry...NCAA made a great leap from 10 to 11 in my opinion and used community feedback very well compared to the Madden devs. So stay calm and wait I am sure NCAA devs have been working hard on this years version. And unlike Madden I actually believe NCAA devs will come through for us.

Colorado Avalanche
Colorado Rockies
Old 03-23-2011, 01:24 PM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 3

Well at least we do know that the NCAA team has been listening to the community. Last year they did really well answering to a bunch of complaints (formation subs and ESPN presentation for example) and this year we've already seen that they are addressing community complaints with dreads. I have faith in the NCAA team after last year, however I do think it is odd that we have less info about it than Madden when Madden comes out a month later.
Go Mavericks!
Go Rangers!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-23-2011, 01:51 PM   #12
Fire LesS Miles ASAP!

da ThRONe's Arena

OVR: 35
Location: Atlanta, GA (On unholy ground, NOLA still greatest city ever)

I'm just hoping for tendencies. If that's the only thing NCAA gets from the teaser I'll be ok with that.

Number may not tell the whole story ,but they never lie either.
Old 03-23-2011, 02:17 PM   #13
Banned

OVR: 2

The madden devs think we are idiots if anybody remembers custom playbooks was in the old PS2 maddens. So i guess they will bring back the michael vick stick( forgot the actual name) were you tell them were to block. Or have the PS2 superstar mode which was great on madden 12. Stop giving us the same old stuff trying to make it seem new.
Old 03-23-2011, 03:57 PM   #14
MVP

TajDeni's Arena

OVR: 10

i had a theory last yr and i guess we'll see soon enuf if it comes to pass or not.

4 my money even tho EA released a madden game last yr, i actually think the madden team took a yr off. reason 4 this is i believe there was a slight amount of doubt as to whether or not they would be able to re-up the exclusive license deal. so essentially EA released an underwhelming madden with Ask Madden 2.0 and a 3v3 online mode. like i said i believe EA made the decision to focus the attention on the '12 madden just incase they lost the license and had some comp. that way they could put out the best madden of this generation and sorta outshine the comp and maintain or hold onto their fanbase.

now while all this was being plan, i think EA was will aware that they couldnt put out to lackluster games so for the 1st time in a long time they poured alot of resources into NCAA. which resulted in the best NCAA of this console generation. if you think about it, last yr was the 1st yr where NCAA didnt receive any hand-me-down features. also it had a much improved OD experience while madden's OD was left untouched. why would EA not improve its flagship game's OD mode but improve NCAAs? which isnt is money maker.

so the skinny here, is that im expecting Madden12 to be a much better product than NCAA12, and im wondering if NCAA12 will just get a gloss over like Madden11 did.

dont get me wrong NCAA will have new features but it will be a distraction feature like 3v3 mode in madden. it may not be this mode exactly but it will be some type of mode that will distract alot of casual gamers away from the fact that the game really hasnt improved.

i hope i am dead wrong, but this was my theory as of last yr and im still waiting to see if i am correct or not...

Hidden Within the Depths of Silence and Solitude, Awaits the Realest Dude...
-- TajDeni
Old 03-23-2011, 04:13 PM   #15
MVP

Hova57's Arena

OVR: 31

naw the way EA Tiburon is setup now. I think they'll have the same features for the most part. right now i think its a toss up whether ncaa will get either custom playbooks, or player tendencies
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-23-2011, 04:36 PM   #16
Banned

devinewon's Arena

OVR: 9

NCAA 2011 gets worse the more you play it. Like a stripper.

NCAA 2012 needs to come hard this year from a gameplay, dynasty, and bugs standpoint regardless of dreads, grass, or how good the game looks.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »