Home

NCAA Football 12 Info Thread

This is a discussion on NCAA Football 12 Info Thread within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-09-2011, 01:20 PM   #65
Faceuary!

N51_rob's Arena

OVR: 54
Quote:
Originally Posted by BenGerman
As I watch the Gators spring game, it makes me wonder if they could implement that into NCAA Football. I remember College Hoops did it (more of an opening day scrimmage), but I'm sure it would be a tad more difficult for a football game. I'd love to see it, but I don't see it being implemented if there really is limited disc space.
It was in last-gen NCAA games. Another feature that has yet to appear on next-gen 6 years later.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Twitch

Finally Access to Coaches Tape! Coaches Film Analysis

2 Minute Warning PS4 Madden 18 Franchise
Washington Redskins (0-0) Last Game: N/A
Year 1:
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-09-2011, 01:27 PM   #66
No Place Better

BenGerman's Arena

OVR: 27
Re: NCAA Football 12 Info Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by N51_rob
It was in last-gen NCAA games. Another feature that has yet to appear on next-gen 6 years later.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk
Hmm. Interesting. I'd like to hear at least why they took so many of these features out. If there is an explanation, I'm sure a lot of us here would love to hear it.

Gamertag (Xbox One): Bengerman 1031
PSN Name: BadNewsBen

Twitter: @BadNewsBenV
Twitch: www.Twitch.TV/Bengerman10
Old 04-09-2011, 01:29 PM   #67
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
As I watch the Gators spring game, it makes me wonder if they could implement that into NCAA Football. I remember College Hoops did it (more of an opening day scrimmage), but I'm sure it would be a tad more difficult for a football game. I'd love to see it, but I don't see it being implemented if there really is limited disc space.
I felt the same way after I watched the Texas Spring Game. A spring Game would add so much. if you can gring in recruits you signed before the conference game. for example no recruits after the bowl game. I would love to see how the recruits play. Spring Games would help decide who to start/cut/redshirt players and set depth chart. If I decide to change up the playbook, I can see who fits my system
Old 04-09-2011, 01:37 PM   #68
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
Hmm. Interesting. I'd like to hear at least why they took so many of these features out. If there is an explanation, I'm sure a lot of us here would love to hear it.
I guess just like Madden, NCAA completely started off from scratch and didnt keep many features. I do know graphics and audio do take alot of space. Just like Madden(06-08), NCAA had its darkage,07-08, and it is recovering from it.
Old 04-09-2011, 01:40 PM   #69
Guns Up!

Solidice's Arena

OVR: 63

Quote:
it wasn't necessarily taken out. when they made the switch to this gen, they started from scratch(which is why '07, the first NCAA game on 360, was so barebones) and a lot of the old code supposedly wouldn't work/wasn't compatible. At least that is supposedly what happened.

Current Main Rotation: Destiny 2 (XB,PC), Division 2(XB) Baldur Gate 3(XB 4p Co-op run) HellDivers 2 (PC)
Games on the list to play: Too many to fit here
Old 04-09-2011, 01:47 PM   #70
MVP

OVR: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solidice
it wasn't necessarily taken out. when they made the switch to this gen, they started from scratch(which is why '07, the first NCAA game on 360, was so barebones) and a lot of the old code supposedly wouldn't work/wasn't compatible. At least that is supposedly what happened.
Allegedly..
Old 04-09-2011, 01:50 PM   #71
No Place Better

BenGerman's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solidice
Even so, you'd have thought they would keep positive features such as a spring game and coaches on the sideline.

Gamertag (Xbox One): Bengerman 1031
PSN Name: BadNewsBen

Twitter: @BadNewsBenV
Twitch: www.Twitch.TV/Bengerman10
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-09-2011, 01:59 PM   #72
Guns Up!

Solidice's Arena

OVR: 63

Quote:
Even so, you'd have thought they would keep positive features such as a spring game and coaches on the sideline.
if the old stuff wasn't usable, then those features would have to be redone, which takes time. there is only so much development time in a year. just like in last-gen, features are slowly added in each year.

I imagine, some of the few things that were "transferred" over were audio and art assets, though the art stuff was probably redone as well to get higher resolutions(HD).

Current Main Rotation: Destiny 2 (XB,PC), Division 2(XB) Baldur Gate 3(XB 4p Co-op run) HellDivers 2 (PC)
Games on the list to play: Too many to fit here

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »