Home

NCAA Football 12 Video Interview - Visuals & Pylon Physics

This is a discussion on NCAA Football 12 Video Interview - Visuals & Pylon Physics within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-24-2011, 06:49 PM   #49
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: NCAA Football 12 Video Interview - Visuals & Pylon Physics

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaiser Wilhelm
I honestly would disagree with the bold part of your post. This game is 3 months and change away from release. (basing off last years release of mid-July.)

Right now I would say they are at the later stages of development. If you see those graphics, those are not alpha or even beta stage graphics. Not to mention that what they are planning to do as far as design is set in stone and could be released anytime they choose.

Simply put this is EA's marketing strategy, show off some pretty still shots, make a trailer video with no actual gameplay, and get sales because of the asthetic appearence of the game. I understand the art team and AI programmers are seperate but I would assume they syncronize a bit.

In my personal opinion, I would be relativly surprised if the game saw any of the major overhauls it needs to better represent the game of college football, as well as create an immersive, deep and fun dynasty mode.

Simple = Boring. (Simple as in plain or lacking depth, not as in lacking complication.)
sorry, I mistyped. I should have said early in the release process. You're correct, they've been developing for quite a while, now.
Old 03-24-2011, 07:03 PM   #50
Tradition Sports Online

RynoAid's Arena

OVR: 29

Quote:

Simply put this is EA's marketing strategy, show off some pretty still shots, make a trailer video with no actual gameplay, and get sales because of the asthetic appearence of the game.
again, IT'S MARCH... when has EA ever led off their NCAA news with their biggest feature or enhancement?... WHEN???.. yet your acting like the new lighting and pylon is what they are banking their whole marketing strategy on.

Make sure your still around in May and June...

TAKING APPLICATIONS NOW FOR CCM LEAGUES
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/rynoaid
Old 03-24-2011, 07:15 PM   #51
MVP

Kaiser Wilhelm's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by RynoAid
again, IT'S MARCH... when has EA ever led off their NCAA news with their biggest feature or enhancement?... WHEN???.. yet your acting like the new lighting and pylon is what they are banking their whole marketing strategy on.

Make sure your still around in May and June...
I'm making a generalized opinion based on previous products and how they were marketed. EA always releases this type of info and rarely if ever releases actual gameplay footage. Instead they release a trailer with edited shots and camera angles that are entertaining but show off very little of the game.

Also this information is very very very unimportant to me. I thought the game looked fine last year, and the year before that. What I thought lacked was several elements in the gameplay and the lack of depth and longevity of Dynasty mode. Sure enough those problems have not been addressed and resurface every year.

Like I have said before, with the lack of progress this game has made, it should have failed. What has kept it alive is the license.
If anybody is interested in a "spiritual successor to the socom franchise, check out this thread.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-24-2011, 07:35 PM   #52
Tradition Sports Online

RynoAid's Arena

OVR: 29

Quote:
the lack of depth and longevity of Dynasty mode. Sure enough those problems have not been addressed and resurface every year..
what do you call online dynasty? i call that addressing the longevity and replay-ability of the game. And just because graphics aren't important to you, doesn't mean EA shouldn't show off some pretty impressive enhancements on the visual front.

I've seen you posting, you think it's going to be '11 1/2... I get it. Let's just wait and see what they have released by the end of E3... then revisit.

TAKING APPLICATIONS NOW FOR CCM LEAGUES
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/rynoaid
Old 03-24-2011, 07:44 PM   #53
Air Raid

Dr Death's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by RynoAid
yet your acting like the new lighting and pylon is what they are banking their whole marketing strategy on.
Well, can you blame him after the grand announcement that was Season Showdown??? I won't get into specifics here, but that one really stunned... {read: IN A BAD WAY} the entire community... and, if I may say so... continues to do so to this day.

I would be so pleased if they announced they were eliminating that annoying feature where you get warned for throwing on 3rd and 26 when you're up 24-3 early in the 3rd period.

Do away w/ SS and EA will make the entire football playing community a much happier group!

Old 03-24-2011, 07:51 PM   #54
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Death
Well, can you blame him after the grand announcement that was Season Showdown??? I won't get into specifics here, but that one really stunned... {read: IN A BAD WAY} the entire community... and, if I may say so... continues to do so to this day.

I would be so pleased if they announced they were eliminating that annoying feature where you get warned for throwing on 3rd and 26 when you're up 24-3 early in the 3rd period.

Do away w/ SS and EA will make the entire football playing community a much happier group!
1000000000000000% agree
I never liked from the first time they announced it. It was suppose to be some type of new innovative feature. It is annoying. For Online, just fix Online Dynasty
Old 03-24-2011, 08:01 PM   #55
Banned

JohnZapp's Arena

OVR: 4

i know this is a stupid question but what is windsocks physics??????
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-24-2011, 08:06 PM   #56
Air Raid

Dr Death's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnZapp
i know this is a stupid question but what is windsocks physics??????
They are referring to the things on the goal posts that blow in the wind... so a kicker can see if he needs to make any adjustments before kicking the ball for a FG. IRL they are at the top of the goal post and the wind, in some stadiums, will actually blow differently down on the field... it's just the way the stadium{s} is/are constructed and how wind tunnels are and such...

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »