Home

Is there even a point of starting an offline Dynasty with an ACC team (NCAA 11)???

This is a discussion on Is there even a point of starting an offline Dynasty with an ACC team (NCAA 11)??? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-24-2011, 08:51 PM   #17
MVP

K_rob11's Arena

OVR: 21
Re: Is there even a point of starting an offline Dynasty with an ACC team (NCAA 11)??

Quote:
Originally Posted by pirates946
If you go to the scores/schedules thing under the espn tab in dynasty mode you can play any game you want. So if you play your game for the week and you win but dont think you will move up, you can go to the scores/schedule and play against the team thats ahead of you and try to beat them and then you will move up. I know that doesnt sound like fun or maybe cheating but sometimes thats what it comes down to if you really believe you should be given a shot at the NC.
Nice idea....I really would prefer to play with Miami since its the only college football team i really follow. This may be the only quick solution. I suppose it would be a nice little change up to play as a different team every now and then. Maybe I'll play 2 or 3 big games outside of my Miami schedule....it may even keep my dynasty fresh. Maybe play the big time rival games (the texas-OU shootout, iron bowl, FL-Georgia, OSU v Michigan, etc)...

Last edited by K_rob11; 03-24-2011 at 08:54 PM.
Old 03-24-2011, 08:54 PM   #18
MVP

K_rob11's Arena

OVR: 21
Re: Is there even a point of starting an offline Dynasty with an ACC team (NCAA 11)??

Quote:
Originally Posted by canes21
Every time I go undefeated with Miami I make the BCS Title game.
This is encouraging. I just want to atleast know that its possible for me to compete for a title. I suppose knowing all of this will make me value the national championships even more!
Old 03-24-2011, 09:23 PM   #19
Rookie

stevensa08's Arena

OVR: 3

I just started a Miami dynasty myself, and already got moved up to #5 with a win over OSU and Pitt. I believe my poll is Alabama, Boise, Wisconsin, Iowa and Miami. With the win over OSU, they were still above me the next week. The poll system is broken, but what can you do?? Also, Miami is a blast to use in a dynasty!!
Old 03-24-2011, 09:54 PM   #20
Banned

spyder_DG's Arena

This solution won't work for everyone (especially those concerned with accuracy like me) but you could always use custom conferences and put Miami in the SEC.....
Old 03-25-2011, 12:23 AM   #21
MVP

poopoop's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by blLLD0
Darkkmano is correct. The poll/BCS logic is heavily weighed upon the conference prestige ratings, which NEVER change.

So SEC (A+), Big10 (A), PAC10 (B+), Big12 (B+), ACC (B), Big East (B)

Being in an offline dynasty, it would be damn near impossible to make sure Michigan, Ohio State, Penn State, Alabama, LSU, Florida, etc have losses before you see anyone else make the MNC game.
This must be why I always get jumped by teams w/o losing. I use Miami too and it always seems like the polls are working against me in the game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-25-2011, 09:16 AM   #22
MVP

blkrptnt819's Arena

OVR: 10

Yeah, ur pretty much spinning your wheels. It makes no sense how they do this. I had a dynasty with FSU and I would win about 2 every 5 years because I would schedule Texas, Bama and of course Florida. The rankings are broken and it has been that way for a while. I can roll any team in the country and they still go by conference rankings instead of strength of schedule. I want percentage points not some bogus grading scale.
Old 03-25-2011, 11:04 AM   #23
Banned

Rotax's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by canes21
Every time I go undefeated with Miami I make the BCS Title game.
This. Don't be surprised when you get unrealistic results if you do unrealistic things like 4 straight unbeaten years.
Old 03-25-2011, 05:20 PM   #24
Rookie

Dirt DiverX's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rotax
This. Don't be surprised when you get unrealistic results if you do unrealistic things like 4 straight unbeaten years.
I don't get this response. So you are saying since someone didn't lose for four seasons the game is justified in leaving them out of the title game? hwo do you even make that link? What do you have to say to all the other ACC users who get passed by in the polls despite having the hardest OOC schedule? Or the others who will win and inexplicably drop in the polls the following week? Congrats to the guy who has reached the BCS title game every year he has been undefeated but he is clearly the minority, on these forums alone there are numerous posts/ discussions regardign the complete shaft job ACC schools get in this game.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »