Home

NCAAF 12 needs full player edit customization.

This is a discussion on NCAAF 12 needs full player edit customization. within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-25-2011, 12:41 PM   #1
Banned

OVR: 31
NCAAF 12 needs full player edit customization.

Im talking about a full player edit of user and CPU teams just like in the 2k franchise. This would eliminate all of the dynasty issues with incoming recruits not being rated high enough or rated too low.

WR's not having much awareness or spin move skill.....easy fix if there were complete player editing. Want to eliminate major programs from overloading on low 60 overall JUCO players? Done....

Sure you will have people go crazy and have everyone as a 99 in every category, but they did pay $60 for the game. Shouldnt they play the game how they want? Why are so many things locked where you cant edit?

Then you will have the majority of the people here try to make their dynasties as realistic as possible.

This also goes for conference scheduling. I remember back in the PS2 days that the scheds werent locked.

To me, this would clear up so many mistakes in the past. Plus EA wouldnt have to come out with a patch later that cause complete catastrophe in another area of the game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-25-2011, 12:51 PM   #2
Pro

hurricanefootball4's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: NCAAF 12 needs full player edit customization.

This would be easy to add, makes a lot of sense. When playing NBA 2K I don't edit to 99's, but if something needs to be tweaked I have the ability to do that. The people that want to make it realistic will keep it realistic and the people that don't, wont.

With that being said, I'm very confident that it wont be in this years game. Or next years game.

I don't really know why EA won't let you do this, but that is their track record
Old 03-25-2011, 01:01 PM   #3
Banned

Yeah, this makes too much sense. To me this is #1 priority.
Old 03-25-2011, 01:45 PM   #4
Rookie

etmccreary's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Block-O
Yeah, this makes too much sense. To me this is #1 priority.
This might not quite be #1 priority with some of the gameplay issues out there, but I agree it is VERY high on the list. This feature NEEDS to be added.

The ability to fully customize players in a career mode is one of the reasons The Show's franchise mode is so successful.
Old 03-25-2011, 01:51 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 2

Perhaps some type of 'limit' when changing specific attributes?

No more than +3 in a season for some attributes, maybe a limit of +5 for others, and a low of +1 in yet some other type of attribute.

Limit Ht. or Wt. increases (or, decreases) per season.

Maybe even tie in certain attributes: maybe increases in pass block footwork 'means' the player isn't in the weight room as much as he's with a trainer working on agility. For each pt. increase (up to +4, as a limit example) you choose, it's one less point off your ceiling for pass block strength. But Agility rating might elevate its ceiling.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-25-2011, 10:16 PM   #6
MVP

TrapStar215's Arena

OVR: 42

One could only wish!
"Okay, here's the story. I come from the gutter. I know that. I got no education... but that's okay. I know the street, and I'm making all the right connections. With the right woman, there's no stopping me. I could go right to the top."

Old 03-26-2011, 12:56 AM   #7
MVP

prowler's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by GGGswim
Perhaps some type of 'limit' when changing specific attributes?

No more than +3 in a season for some attributes, maybe a limit of +5 for others, and a low of +1 in yet some other type of attribute.

Limit Ht. or Wt. increases (or, decreases) per season.

Maybe even tie in certain attributes: maybe increases in pass block footwork 'means' the player isn't in the weight room as much as he's with a trainer working on agility. For each pt. increase (up to +4, as a limit example) you choose, it's one less point off your ceiling for pass block strength. But Agility rating might elevate its ceiling.
This would've been a good idea in last gen when the EA devs had a greater attention to detail. Nowadays, I don't care, let people edit them as little or as much as they want. If someone wants to make all 99 OVR, 7-foot-tall freshmen in their offline dynasty, let em, it's their game. As long as I can tweak players in my dynasty, I don't care if the next person is abusing it.
Old 03-26-2011, 01:06 AM   #8
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by prowler
This would've been a good idea in last gen when the EA devs had a greater attention to detail. Nowadays, I don't care, let people edit them as little or as much as they want. If someone wants to make all 99 OVR, 7-foot-tall freshmen in their offline dynasty, let em, it's their game. As long as I can tweak players in my dynasty, I don't care if the next person is abusing it.
100% agreed.
I dont care what the next gamer is doing. If they want to play with the #1 team and make everyone 99, they can do so. If they are paying $60, they can do what they want.
I wouldnt edit in-season though. I would only do it in the preseason. But I would love the abilty to edit whenever I want. Mainly Height and Speed.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »