Home

Anyone else not excited about NCAA 12?

This is a discussion on Anyone else not excited about NCAA 12? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-04-2011, 08:52 PM   #9
MVP

OVR: 19
Re: Anyone else not excited about NCAA 12?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaiser Wilhelm
I understand not spilling all the beans but a glimpse at the general focus is also nice. If anything atleast recognize the major flaws in your game and that you are aware of them.

Normally the argument is about Gameplay/Engine vs Visuals/Modes etc...

This term says it all because EA's NCAA vesion of College Football has never been defined since making it to Next-Gen.
We've been given different Marketing Punch Lines year after year, but nothing put out has defined EA's Focus for this series.

Just saying "The Most Authentic" has not shown what Vision they've had for the title.
The way "Most Authentic" has been used, suggest that there is an alternative to compare it's version against to see how it measures up to.

Not one of the Titles released to date has given the gaming community a glimps into what awaits as the series continues.

Maybe I missed something, but I'm trying to think of something that was Birthed through this series and sadly, nothing pops up.
Every injection seems to be from another Sports Title and/or Developer from a past release, but nothing that NCAA has stamped as the "Originator" of.

Simply put, where are they going with their version of College Football?

I'm trying to think of this series Foundation that the game is built on and around.

I wonder can any gamer honestly define this series Focus and how they are accomplishing it from the Titles that has been released thus far?

This isn't a rant/complaint etc...
But this word "Focus" really made me stop and think of NCAA's direction, and I couldn't define it.

What is it?
Maybe knowing this would help ease most of the anger towards this product and it Developer!

Last edited by khaliib; 04-04-2011 at 09:08 PM.
Old 04-04-2011, 10:34 PM   #10
MVP

Pokes404's Arena

OVR: 10

Not excited right now, but I'll wait for the gameplay announcements before I decide anything. It's still early, but isn't this what happened with Madden 11 last year? Didn't they wait a long time to talk about anything substantial and as it turned out, from what I've heard, the game didn't make much improvement.

I don't really play Madden though, so I'm not sure if that was the case or not. And even if that was the case, it doesn't mean that's what's going to happen to NCAA 12.
Old 04-04-2011, 10:47 PM   #11
MVP

statum71's Arena

OVR: 61

I can't agree that I'm "not excited."

They haven't even given us any info yet. Besides that video about the lighting.

And thats not much to make a judgment on.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-04-2011, 10:49 PM   #12
MVP

berad88's Arena

OVR: 10

Battlefield 3 will have plenty of bugs. EA Dice games always have tons of bugs but they are still fun. It is the same way with football. NCAA 12 may not be perfect but I am sure it will be really fun. The whole fact that it is college football is enough to make me want to play the game. Really Battlefield 3 looks like Bad Company 2 (EA DICE) with improved lighting/graphics.
Since we know the visuals of NCAA 12 have been made even better I really do not see why the OP is not running out to preorder NCAA 12.

Last edited by berad88; 04-04-2011 at 11:11 PM.
Old 04-04-2011, 11:38 PM   #13
Burrow Club

Watson's Arena

OVR: 49
You're not excited because it's April.

We're one blog away from the forum exploding into "HOLY **** ICANTWAIT" mode

@AdamdotH
Old 04-05-2011, 12:47 AM   #14
Pro

hurricanefootball4's Arena

OVR: 3

I check the boards everyday to see if something new has come along. I was excited to hear about dreadlocks & lighting when we did b/c I thought we would start getting a pretty steady flow of information.

With the assumption that the minor details are released first and then they build up I was pretty excited about dreads and the new lighting. The excitement over that has become quite stale at this point.

There are 14 weeks until launch, I certainly would hope that they've made 14 improvements to the game where they could drop 1 to us a week.

It just scares me that there isn't a lot of information to release to us and that is why it isn't getting released.

The cover voting ended today so hopefully we can get something soon? Just something to keep my interest high
Old 04-05-2011, 12:49 AM   #15
Pro

hurricanefootball4's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by WatsonTiger
YWe're one blog away from the forum exploding into "HOLY **** ICANTWAIT" mode
My fear is that they think improving Road to Glory is going to provide that moment and I know that won't do it for me personally
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-05-2011, 12:54 AM   #16
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by hurricanefootball4
I check the boards everyday to see if something new has come along. I was excited to hear about dreadlocks & lighting when we did b/c I thought we would start getting a pretty steady flow of information.

With the assumption that the minor details are released first and then they build up I was pretty excited about dreads and the new lighting. The excitement over that has become quite stale at this point.

There are 14 weeks until launch, I certainly would hope that they've made 14 improvements to the game where they could drop 1 to us a week.

It just scares me that there isn't a lot of information to release to us and that is why it isn't getting released.

The cover voting ended today so hopefully we can get something soon? Just something to keep my interest high
Even though they dont follow the same schedule every year, They dont usually start giving a blogs until around early-mid April.
I am not worried yet, but I would like to know when they are releasing the next blog so I wouldnt have to check every day.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »