Home

If Custom Playbooks are in what's yours going to look like?

This is a discussion on If Custom Playbooks are in what's yours going to look like? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 04-14-2011, 03:46 PM   #9
Hall Of Fame

l3ulvl's Arena

OVR: 26
Re: If Custom Playbooks are in what's yours going to look like?

I'd mix a lot of power running formations with a lot of shotgun formations. Maybe throw in the wishbone or Maryland I (if it's available).
Old 04-14-2011, 04:06 PM   #10
MVP

blkrptnt819's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by illwill10
Offense: Pistol, House, I-Form, Shotgun(3 and 4 sets only). 70% run. A lot of PA passing(if it is fixed). I will recruits RBs, Linemans, TEs mostly. My QBs will have to have a strong arm(accuracy not big deal) and fast.
Defense: 4-3, 3-4, 4-2-5, 3-3-5, Dime, Quarter. I will mix up these defenses. I will be a 70% man to man defense. I will rely on the lineman to get pressure. Hopefully if Formation Subs is improved, I can recruit both 3-4 and 4-3 ends and backers and set them to come in certain packages. I will recruits man cov CB, Hard hitting SS, Cover FS, a mixture of both 3-4 and 4-3 dline.
4-3, 3-4, 4-4, 3-3-5, 4-2-5, 2-4-5 Nickel and Dime. I play cover 2 with some blitzes mixed in, and if they fix it, some zone. My base defense would mix 3-4 and 4-3 personnel if they let us set up our own positions in the play diagram and the depth chart. I would recruit FS to play the back of my cover 2. My SS would play weakside OLB, my DE would be one 3-4 and one 4-3, a NT and a DT. It would be a diverse attack that will match up against personnel extremely well. If they let us make our own personnel packages I will have Offenses running scared.

Last edited by blkrptnt819; 04-14-2011 at 05:39 PM. Reason: Put in philosophy
Old 04-14-2011, 04:19 PM   #11
Pro

pirates946's Arena

OVR: 16

hopefully EA paid attention and noticed that Texas Tech is now incorporating some Pistol formations. If Tech already has pistol formations in their default playbook, i will leave it alone but if they dont i will add Pistol formations to their playbook.

Taylor Potts Gang or Die
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-14-2011, 09:27 PM   #12
Rookie

OVR: 1

Wishbone , Flexbone ,and Spread Option Formations would make up my whole offensive playbook. I'd keep a deep rotation of running backs and fast quarterbacks and just run it at all you all game with.
OKC Thunder
Old 04-14-2011, 09:43 PM   #13
Banned

ViLLiO's Arena

OVR: 13

I-Form Normal
I-Form Twins
I-Form Twins Flex
I-Form Slot
I-Form Slot Flex

Ace Twins
Ace Slot

The Rest shotgun formations... including 2 WR, 3 WR, 4 WR, and 5 WR sets... full of options and reverses (WVU layout)

Goaline w/ QB Sneak
Old 04-14-2011, 10:26 PM   #14
Rookie

OVR: 0

My go to offense is always the run heavy pro-style offense, which would be even greater with working play action. Running the ball down the other team's throat is always a great feeling. Maybe one with barely any shotgun at all? I don't really like shotgun much when mixed with under center.

I would also like a nearly all running spread based on the read option. Only those flex formations, too, and maybe some 5WR where I could get alot of WR sweeps in. Auburn and Miss. St come to mind with this offense.

A Run and shoot based offense with more under center would be great too. That one appeals the most to me.
Old 04-15-2011, 09:12 AM   #15
Banned

OVR: 5

based off of the ncaa11 playbook, id use the multiple formation as my base playbook. id take out the flexbone formation, sub in the new pistol diamond formation & make a change here & there. i think each playbook has 18 formations in it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-15-2011, 09:20 AM   #16
Banned

OVR: 5

i would also have 2 other playbooks. one playbook would be an air raid type made of mostly shotgun formations, I form normal only, & just a few ace spread formations. the other playbook would be a run heavy playbook made mostly of I form, strong I, wishbone normal & wide, 2 or 3 pistol formations. shotgun normal & 4wr would be the only true passing formations. id hope we can chose between goalline normal or goalline power I formations as our default goalline.

Last edited by darrenw74; 04-15-2011 at 09:25 AM.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »