Home

NCAA Football 12 Cover Athlete - Mark Ingram, Cover Art Displayed

This is a discussion on NCAA Football 12 Cover Athlete - Mark Ingram, Cover Art Displayed within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-19-2011, 03:14 PM   #41
Pro

OVR: 9
Re: NCAA Football 12 Cover Athlete - Mark Ingram, Cover Art Displayed

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLeviticalLawKid3
Five quarterbacks and over seventy players rushed for more yards than Ingram did last season...man, I would've taken Jake Locker over this.
I can understand your point. When I saw the list originally I was like really that's my choices? I mean Fairley had a great year, and know you like Auburn, but amidst all the hoopla couldn't vote for them, even if he isn't involved. Also because I am also biased and if big Suh didn't get a cover after having the most dominating season of any DT in history I couldn't give it to him. I mean I understand why they didn't put Cam up their despite the fact he was the most dominant player, but they could have had LaMichael James, Patrick Peterson, Von Miller, Justin Blackmon. Those all had better seasons then some of those on the list.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-19-2011, 03:35 PM   #42
Champs

Husker_OS's Arena

OVR: 39

Yeah, let's ignore the fact that Mark Ingram won the Heisman and a national title in 2009. Let's also ignore the fact he didn't play in the first few games of last season due to injury.

Let's also ignore the fact that he doesn't have a rep as a dirty player(Fairley) or overrated player(Locker).

Horrible choice putting the top RB in the 2011 draft on the cover.

Alabama National Championships

1925-1926-1930-1934-1945-1961-1964-1965-1966-1978-1979-1992-2009-2011-2012-2015

"Fight on, fight on, fight on men! Remember the Rose Bowl, we'll win then..."
Old 04-19-2011, 03:42 PM   #43
Pro

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Husker_OS
Yeah, let's ignore the fact that Mark Ingram won the Heisman and a national title in 2009. Let's also ignore the fact he didn't play in the first few games of last season due to injury.

Let's also ignore the fact that he doesn't have a rep as a dirty player(Fairley) or overrated player(Locker).

Horrible choice putting the top RB in the 2011 draft on the cover.
Actually I have stated before that he was easily the best choice. And the fact that he won the Heisman makes him the only logical choice of that group..... But 2010 was a step down for him compared to 2010. He didn't even get to 1,000 yards. While there are many reasons (injury, richardson's rise) it doesn't take away from the fact that he put up near half of what he did the previous year. I think of any of them he is the only one who deserved to be on the list, my complaint was more towards the other three choices. Of the other one's I listed who should have been on the list none of other three save Fairley stood up to them. ( Realize L James was unavailable since still at Oregon). Regardless... for the competition, the right guy won.
Old 04-19-2011, 06:14 PM   #44
Pro

TheLeviticalLawKid3's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by schumj
I can understand your point. When I saw the list originally I was like really that's my choices? I mean Fairley had a great year, and know you like Auburn, but amidst all the hoopla couldn't vote for them, even if he isn't involved. Also because I am also biased and if big Suh didn't get a cover after having the most dominating season of any DT in history I couldn't give it to him. I mean I understand why they didn't put Cam up their despite the fact he was the most dominant player, but they could have had LaMichael James, Patrick Peterson, Von Miller, Justin Blackmon. Those all had better seasons then some of those on the list.
The more I think about it, the more I see your point.

- Suh had a great shot to win it last year, being the best player for the previous year, but a Heisman winner (Tebow) was still available.

- Fairley had a great shot to win it this year, being the best player for the previous year (outside Cam), but a Heisman winner (Ingram) was still available.

Nothing against Ingram personally. But he had a rough last year, and I thought that might knock him down in the competition. Just stating facts...I think Richardson is a better RB than Ingram, and he might end up on a cover one day.

I didn't say Ingram didn't deserve it, I just wish it wouldn't of happened, being an Auburn man. And, after our first national championship in forever, it would've been cool to see an Auburn player on the cover. But Fairley's rep with the nation just didn't work out.

And hopefully a custom cover template will come out soon. Finally have the means to make one this year!
Old 04-19-2011, 06:29 PM   #45
MVP

Tengo Juego's Arena

OVR: 29
Re: NCAA Football 12 Cover Athlete - Mark Ingram

Quote:
Originally Posted by huskeraddict
Here's a straight shot:
Custom covers imminent.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-20-2011, 01:26 AM   #46
Rookie

AUsouthpaw2013's Arena

OVR: 0

Please?

-Shug Jordan
Old 04-20-2011, 02:15 AM   #47
MVP

cyclone2426's Arena

OVR: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by justinjones.us
Cool cover, but I'm sure custom covers won't go away. I wonder when/if they'll give us a template for this years cover. I always thought it was cool that EA did that.
They dont, and never really have.

Facebook - Custom Sports Covers
Old 04-20-2011, 02:20 AM   #48
Rookie

ThisIsReality's Arena

OVR: 4

Anyone have the complete results? I want to see DeMarco Murray's single digit percentage.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »