Home

Ncaa football, Picked over NFL games

This is a discussion on Ncaa football, Picked over NFL games within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-19-2011, 06:28 PM   #9
In Dalton I Trust

Buckeyes_Doc's Arena

OVR: 32
Re: Ncaa football, Picked over NFL games

NCAA.

Building a dynasty and being able to recruit, schedule opponents, etc is so much better then playing a franchise and dealing with contracts.

Plus I enjoy College Football a lot more then the NFL.
Old 04-19-2011, 06:52 PM   #10
Banned

OVR: 0

Doc, I agree 100% with you, its so much better. I would love to see them do anything like that with madden, they just need to do something to keep you in to the game longer. thats my downfall with Madden it dont keep to coming back to play more like NCAA does
Old 04-19-2011, 09:47 PM   #11
Banned

OVR: 32
Man, there is not even a comparison for me. The college game is so far above the Pro game in regards to entertainment... college football is a life addiction for me whereas the pro game is a filler until the next college game day

Shut Up and Show Me!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-19-2011, 10:05 PM   #12
Rookie

OVR: 2

NCAA and its not even close. Even though its not Madden's fault, I just like recruiting and having to replace stars and starters. It gets boring just signing a star player and having him for like 10 years.120 teams, Top 25 rankings, preseason polls, conference games, conference championships, Heisman trophy, bowl games, constantly having new players just makes the game feel fresh. NCAA just has more replay value.
Old 04-19-2011, 10:52 PM   #13
Rookie

cajunspice's Arena

OVR: 0

I play madden for franchise mode. And in madden 10, franchise mode was just boring. NCAA took up most of my gaming time just because of dynasty. Whenever I played franchise mode, I just got bored and it never lasted more than 2 years. Sometimes I would just make a franchise to do a fantasy draft (brutally honest). So, I didn't buy Madden '11. And I probably won't buy Madden '12 either or '13 or '14. Unless they add create-a-cheerleader I'm not buying madden again. No one feature excites me in Madden anymore. There is almost no way to improve madden's core features (franchise, superstar, and... oh yeah that's it) Everything in Madden's been done already. Only thing they can do is improve graphics, add real physics, better AI, and a few small features like playbooks.

And yes, if they made a "create-a-cheerleader" mode, I would pay money for it just because it's different and no other sports developer would have the balls to do it. It's weird, it's perverted, it's a tad raunchy. But it's unique enough to make me buy madden again.
Old 04-20-2011, 01:45 PM   #14
1B, OF

Perfect Zero's Arena

OVR: 29

The NFL is so sterile that I can't stand it anymore. All the stadiums, the teams, the games are just so dull that it's unbearable to watch. NCAA football is the way to go for me because I don't have a team to root for; I just enjoy the action.

Old 04-20-2011, 02:08 PM   #15
Orange and Blue!

Broncos86's Arena

OVR: 31

Several of ya'll hit on key points and how the differences between NCAA and Madden are reflected in their life counterparts. Which could be praise on EA Sports for actually replicating what's real.

What's more amazing to me is the actual on-field gameplay. Both share the same engine, and yet NCAA feels like a more complete and fluid football game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-20-2011, 02:26 PM   #16
All Star

georgiafan's Arena

OVR: 12

* Recruiting in NCAA '11 was a challenge getting or not getting that 5* QB can make or break your team.

* In Madden you can draft/start with a pro bowl QB and you don't have to worry about that position for 10 years. In NCAA you have to worry about him leaving for the NFL as early as a redshirt sophmore. Your team is diffrent bc so many guys are leaving for the NFL/graduration.

* I can mix up my styles and play with a run offense like Georgia Tech or a pass happy team like Hawaii.

* NCAA you have 14 game tops in Madden you have 20 plus playoffs

* You can change your schedule to make it as easy or has hard as you want.

* Team Builders allows me to take real and made up teams and have them replace a crappy conf. that I don't care about.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »