Home

NCAA Football 12 - Pre-Order Nike Pro Combat Bonuses and Enhanced Tackling Engine

This is a discussion on NCAA Football 12 - Pre-Order Nike Pro Combat Bonuses and Enhanced Tackling Engine within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-20-2011, 01:19 PM   #73
Legal Advisor

jwilphl's Arena

OVR: 12
Re: NCAA Football 12 - Pre-Order Nike Pro Combat Bonuses and Enhanced Tackling Engine

Will West Virginia's Pro Combat unis be in the game? Just curious since they aren't part of the pre-order. As such, I won't really care to pre-order from Gamestop. I would like to see those in the game, however. Plus with the few bad experiences I've had with Gamestop I'm hesitant to buy from them anymore.

Does anyone know of other stores offering pre-order deals on the game?
Old 04-20-2011, 01:32 PM   #74
#HTownTakeover #YWCF

coogrfan's Arena

OVR: 27
Re: NCAA Football 12 - Pre-Order Nike Pro Combat Bonuses and Enhanced Tackling Engine

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigturboweenie
my $60 bucks SHOULD EQUATE to PRO-COMBAT UNIs without having to preorder that ish! like i said before, i hate gamestop, and will never support them. PLUS, i get my game a week early at a swapmeet. wtf EA.
Why?

Also, congrats on your "EA/GS is interfering with my ability to break the street date" line of reasoning. You're probably not that far from the truth.

Think about it. If you were EA or GS and you wanted to encourage people to avoid retailers who sell the game early, can you think of a better way to do so than by making uni's than many people consider highly desirable an exclusive to the one retailer that never, ever breaks street dates?

Last edited by coogrfan; 04-20-2011 at 02:03 PM.
Old 04-20-2011, 01:57 PM   #75
MVP

SteelerSpartan's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by coogrfan
Why?

Also, congrats on your "EA/GS is interfering with my ability to break the street date" line of reasoning. You're probably not that far from the truth.

Because its been established standard by EA and their competitors that you don't charge for jerseys........

That whole why can't we charge for this or that by devs and game publishers is precisely one of the reasons you see so much venom on the net for these guys....

Heck lets start charging for everytime you turn on a console and boot up the game

My CFB Teams:
Marshall..WVU-Go Herd/Eeers!!!

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-20-2011, 02:01 PM   #76
#HTownTakeover #YWCF

coogrfan's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelerSpartan
Because its been established standard by EA and their competitors that you don't charge for jerseys........
Umm...they aren't charging for jerseys. The price of the game at GS is going to be the exact same MSRP as anywhere else.
Old 04-20-2011, 02:07 PM   #77
MVP

DorianDonP's Arena

OVR: 9
Re: Momentum Based Takling Comfirmed?

Quote:
Originally Posted by iBlievN5
I never understood why height/weight SHOULD matter. That's what strength + jumping should have impacted IMO. Height already matters as far as receiving/DB play.
I take it you've never seen the videos of 5'7 160 pound offensive lineman dominating 6'5 320 pound defensive lineman on NCAA/Madden? Or have you, and you think this is acceptable/ok?
Old 04-20-2011, 02:15 PM   #78
KG
Welcome Back

KG's Arena

OVR: 35

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charleston_Tiger
If its still an animation based system I don't think weight height will matter. You will still see morphing to create the animation.
That's what I'm worried about. You can feel the "magnetism" in EA football games when it comes to collision. It's weird because you don't feel it with FIFA.
Old 04-20-2011, 02:26 PM   #79
Rookie

Morning Thunder's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-SKI
show me a 5'7 145 lb offensive lineman and i'll agree that size doesn't matter......till then, it has everything to do with football.
Exactly.. Size is everything.. When you hit someone your strength matters but not as much as how big you are and how fast you are moving.. People who say otherwise haven't played football
Old 04-20-2011, 02:42 PM   #80
Rookie

OVR: 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morning Thunder
Exactly.. Size is everything.. When you hit someone your strength matters but not as much as how big you are and how fast you are moving.. People who say otherwise haven't played football
...or if you don't understand physics

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »