Home

NCAA Football 12 - Pre-Order Nike Pro Combat Bonuses and Enhanced Tackling Engine

This is a discussion on NCAA Football 12 - Pre-Order Nike Pro Combat Bonuses and Enhanced Tackling Engine within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-20-2011, 10:27 AM   #57
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

OVR: 31
Re: NCAA Football 12 - Pre-Order Nike Pro Combat Bonuses and Enhanced Tackling Engine

I understand Dynasty/RTG cheats and other small stuff i to receive an advantage, but not jerseys. Even though I might not play as any of these teams(dont like to play with great teams), I do want to eventually play against them in Dynasty. Every time I face a team I like to use alternate jeseys for them.
I actually dont want to preorder from GS. I want to get it from BESt Buy because I have a BEst Buy card with money on there from a while ago.
Old 04-20-2011, 10:31 AM   #58
#HTownTakeover #YWCF

coogrfan's Arena

OVR: 27
Re: NCAA Football 12 - Pre-Order Nike Pro Combat Bonuses and Enhanced Tackling Engine

Quote:
Originally Posted by brza37
Not everybody wants to pre-order. Some actually like to play the full game before making a decision. And not everyone can pre-order from GS either. I live in germany and ncaa is not available through gamestop here. And yes its not confirmed that these will be pay DLC for people who didn't pre-order from GS but why do you think they won't do that?
That's unfortunate, but it's also an extemely rare situation. 99.9% of the people who are going to purchase NCAA 12 can take advantage of this offer if they chose to do so.

Quote:
Originally Posted by brza37
And I don't think its whining to expect alternate unis to be in the game with no strings attached when thats the way it used to be with EA Sports. And its still the way their competitors operate.
That's simply not true, virtually all game publishers do this sort of thing now. To cite some examples:
  • last year Sony rewarded people who pre-ordered MLB 10 with a code that enabled users to download classic stadiums;
  • People who pre-ordered Halo Reach at GS received an exclusive in game armor suit.
If you do a google search for "gamestop pre-order exclusive" you'll find more examples. It's just the way the business works now.

One other thought--last year EA instituted the Online Pass program in order to to encourage people to buy games new rather than used. Since used games are a large part of GS's business EA has wisely chosen to soften the blow by rewarding one of their largest retailers with exclusive content that will generate additional new unit sales in order to make up for the lost revenue from used versions.

Last edited by coogrfan; 04-20-2011 at 10:45 AM.
Old 04-20-2011, 10:33 AM   #59
Banned

OVR: 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by iBlievN5
I never understood why height/weight SHOULD matter. That's what strength + jumping should have impacted IMO. Height already matters as far as receiving/DB play.
show me a 5'7 145 lb offensive lineman and i'll agree that size doesn't matter......till then, it has everything to do with football.
Old 04-20-2011, 10:36 AM   #60
MVP

TrapStar215's Arena

OVR: 42
Re: Momentum Based Takling Comfirmed?

I guess I'll go pre-order on my way to class.
"Okay, here's the story. I come from the gutter. I know that. I got no education... but that's okay. I know the street, and I'm making all the right connections. With the right woman, there's no stopping me. I could go right to the top."

Old 04-20-2011, 10:43 AM   #61
Banned

Coach_III's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canes305
So no Miami pro combat???

They alreday have them in the game. It was one of the first screens remember the lighting blog?...silly..lol
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-20-2011, 10:51 AM   #62
Pro

brza37's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by coogrfan
That's unfortunate, but it's also an extemely rare situation. 99.9% of the people who are going to purchase NCAA 12 can take advantage of this offer if they chose to do so.
I know its extremely rare, I was just listing different reasons why one wouldn't pre-order from Gamestop. Other posters listed some other reasons.

Quote:
Originally Posted by coogrfan
That's simply not true, virtually all game publishers do this sort of thing now. To cite some examples:
  • last year Sony rewarded people who pre-ordered MLB 10 with a code that enabled users to download classic stadiums;
  • People who pre-ordered Halo Reach at GS received an exclusive in game armor suit.
If you do a google search for "gamestop pre-order exclusive" you'll find more examples. It's just the way the business works now.
Stadiums are a whole different ball game. Classic stadiums involve a lot more effort and usually also involve individual licensing fees.

And I specifically mentioned EA Sports because I only was comparing to the sports game competitors. NBA 2k and The Show don't charge for uniforms.

I know this is the way things have been going for other game genres and will probably be for all games in the future. It doesn't mean that we should just quietly accept it though. Its natural to expect things that were free/no strings attached in the past should remain that way.

Commissioner of Sim Madden League Europe. Established league for sim players in Europe. Join here:
SML - Europe PS4 Madden Online Franchise
Old 04-20-2011, 11:45 AM   #63
Banned

Charleston_Tiger's Arena

OVR: 6

If its still an animation based system I don't think weight height will matter. You will still see morphing to create the animation.
Old 04-20-2011, 11:53 AM   #64
RKO!!

PantherBeast_OS's Arena

OVR: 53

The new tackling system sounds good. Can't wait to see it in action come Thursday when we finallly get some good gameplay footage. This is just making me want NCAA12 more and more now.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »