Home

Ideal Dynasty Mode And RTG IYO

This is a discussion on Ideal Dynasty Mode And RTG IYO within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-23-2011, 12:37 PM   #25
MVP

PaperBoyx703's Arena

OVR: 22
Re: Ideal Dynasty Mode And RTG IYO

Quote:
Originally Posted by illwill10
1000% agree
I love the list. Along with more customizablitiy(quarters,looks), progression, and drills/better practice It would be the best BAP
Yeah that would be the best RTG by far.
YouTube: TBD
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-24-2011, 08:37 PM   #26
MVP

PaperBoyx703's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by illwill10
I forgot all about Spring Game. I would love to see who gets each depth chart spot. I would love to bring in eary recruits and see if I should play/cut/reshirt them.
This made me think of how they had a Medical Redshirt option, you had wait for approval and everything which was pretty cool. That is definitely something I would put into Dynasty mode and RTG if you ever get hurt bc I never got hurt only tired.

Suspensions too.
YouTube: TBD
Old 04-24-2011, 08:43 PM   #27
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by l_XaVo7o3_l
This made me think of how they had a Medical Redshirt option, you had wait for approval and everything which was pretty cool. That is definitely something I would put into Dynasty mode and RTG if you ever get hurt bc I never got hurt only tired.

Suspensions too.
I would bring back Postion change to RTG. I loved the feature in PS2. If I didnt like the position but didnt want start a new Campus legend I could switch position.
Spring games would add depth to Dynasty. I actually watch some Spring Games so I could see how the players play and offenses and defense.
Lets say my senior QB left and planned to hand the reigns over to my backup. If I recruit a QB and he does well. If the backup starts struggling, I wouldnt mind handing it to the Freshman
Old 04-24-2011, 08:53 PM   #28
Pro

hurricanefootball4's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gotmadskillzson
2. The ability to train your players every week and let it be a penalty for not training and a penalty for over training.
I think this should be for bonus progression points, if it was required to do this from week to week for your players to have any sort of progression it would be very tedious and time consuming.

I would love to have players progress normally but you could do extra training to progress players faster or to focus on specific traits.
Old 04-24-2011, 09:44 PM   #29
Rookie

OVR: 0

For Dynasty-

-Full option of customization of rosters for the user. Probably not too hard to do, and it adds a huge amount of possibilities. Pretty hard to screw up on this, too. I don't see a reason why it shouldn't be there. I want to be able to change the recruits I get or change the other teams for better or worse just for the heck of it even.

-In terms of Recruiting-
-Better CPU recruiting logic. I take over a team 4 years in and they have 10 RB's and 9 WR's, and 7 OL along with that. They're also starting a walk on FS and C when they could move a 95 OVR 4th CB or 88 OVR LG to fill those obvious holes.
-More sleeper recruits. 3 stars should be able to have large jumps in progression or something to make them on caliber with 4 or 5 star recruits. Also, make some 5 star recruits turn out pretty bad. I should be able to build a solid, competitive team out of 3 and 4 star recruits. I think there are good 3 star recruits in NCAA 11, but they get snatched up by the dominant schools and it goes unnoticed that a small school could have landed a great prospect. I think the user should get less information about the recruit and moreso scouting reports. If a player is a good 3 star player, he may slip under the radar, go to a small school and end up reviving their program to an extent.

-Coaching carousel would be a great addition, and making the coaches have a great impact would make the biggest difference. If I have Bama Coach (Nick Saban), then I should be able to know more about recruits or something, or have my players perform better. Have each coach have some kind of unique bonus. An alternate approach to this would to be dynasty a coaching mode, and although such a system occurs outside the user, have the user be able to progress as a coach and acquire bonuses of his own. I think they mentioned RTG being able to progress to being a coach from being a player...now that would be awesome if a full, continuous mode was introduced, which leads me to RTG.

Road to Glory-
-Have the presentation improve. I just got MLB2K11, and the My Player mode is addictive. I'm told how I've done after every game, and it almost plays like an RPG game in the sense that I can make my player better with "skill points" I acquire through performing well and fufilling certain goals. Also, its my first baseball video game in a while, so it's quite difficult to strike out lots of guys with a 58 OVR pitcher, even in AA. This makes the game have a huge sense of accomplishment. If I pitch an inning without a hit I feel great.

-Have High School determine your initial ratings along with your preferences for your position, but when you enter college football, don't let the user controlled player dominate immediately as is. You should enter with a similar overall as other 5 star guys, with progression and regression implemented throughout the season. You should be informed through e-mails on depth chart moves, injuries, and who your team is targeting in recruiting. If you get to school and have decent stats as a part time starter and are penciled in to be the future starter at runningback, I would consider a transfer if the school went after the #1 HB in the nation. Make position battles different and practice not decide the entire depth chart. If I break a few TD runs in practice, I should get carries here and there in a game. If I perform well in the game, then a snowball effect starts.

-Make practice and playcalling dynamic. If I drop everything in practice as a runningback but tear it up on the ground, make sure that I don't get looked at much in the passing game in the actual game.

That was alot of scattered ideas...
Old 04-24-2011, 10:15 PM   #30
MVP

poopoop's Arena

OVR: 4

Road to Glory

I would take it out of the game.

If I left it in the game it would become a lot more difficult. You figure with each team having 85 man rosters there's going to be a ton of players who never get any playing time, or at least have to wait a few years before they become a starter.

I'd make it so it was very difficult to earn a 4/5 star rating as a recruit. Most recruits are 2 or 3 stars. Then I'd make it so it'd be incredibly tough to get a starting spot. Winning the heisman trophy would be nearly impossible, just like it is in real life. There's thousands of college players only one wins the heisman. I'd put in an option that would allow you to use an existing player so if you really wanted to be a superstar you could use one. Otherwise you'd have to truly earn it.

People would hate this mode though. No one wants to play the career of a backup QB playing for UAB. A special teamer on Bowling Green. Or the career of UCF's nickel back. Everybody wants to rack up a ton of stats and be a superstar, RTG as is faciliates this. So it's just create a player with a bunch of stat padding.

Last edited by poopoop; 04-24-2011 at 10:34 PM.
Old 04-24-2011, 10:55 PM   #31
MVP

poopoop's Arena

OVR: 4

Dynasty mode I'd add in HC/OC/DC/STC each would have their own ratings. I'd make each coach different from how they recruit to what systems they run to what kind of plays they choose. Then obv I'd add in the carousel.

I'd take out player overall ratings. You'd be able to see a players 40 time, how much he can bench etc. The rest would come down to you testing out players and relying on your coordinators to give you reports. If you had a bad defensive coordinator who sucked at evaluating talent he might suggest the wrong players. You also wouldn't know other teams ratings so you'd have to scout them somehow and rely on your coordinators there too.

For recruiting I'd add in summer camps for players, a few high school all star games. Also I'd make sure the recruit ratings are in line with the default rosters.

I'd add in a preseason show, weekly show, bowl announcement show, signing day show. For the weekly show I'd give the user a choice between one that specifically focused on their conference (like the Big Ten Network) and one that focused on everything.

Last edited by poopoop; 04-24-2011 at 10:58 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-24-2011, 11:08 PM   #32
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by poopoop
Dynasty mode I'd add in HC/OC/DC/STC each would have their own ratings. I'd make each coach different from how they recruit to what systems they run to what kind of plays they choose. Then obv I'd add in the carousel.

I'd take out player overall ratings. You'd be able to see a players 40 time, how much he can bench etc. The rest would come down to you testing out players and relying on your coordinators to give you reports. If you had a bad defensive coordinator who sucked at evaluating talent he might suggest the wrong players. You also wouldn't know other teams ratings so you'd have to scout them somehow and rely on your coordinators there too.

For recruiting I'd add in summer camps for players, a few high school all star games. Also I'd make sure the recruit ratings are in line with the default rosters.

I'd add in a preseason show, weekly show, bowl announcement show, signing day show. For the weekly show I'd give the user a choice between one that specifically focused on their conference (like the Big Ten Network) and one that focused on everything.
That would be a great Dynasty mode along with a Spring Game and somehow incorporate draft status.
I liked how NCAA Basketball had draft projections for players. Sure it is a small feature, but it will make Pro Potential make more sense.
Spring Game will decide who to cut/reshirt/start. It will also decide if you need to keep or fire your scouts. If you sign a Off coordinator and have a different playbook, it will be a perfect way to test out your offense.
Also I would incorporate a Email/INteraction system. It would keep you in touch with scouts or staff even players.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »