Home

NCAA Football 12 Video - Preview with Ben Haumiller and Jean Adams

This is a discussion on NCAA Football 12 Video - Preview with Ben Haumiller and Jean Adams within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-25-2011, 12:22 PM   #33
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34
Re: NCAA Football 12 Video - Preview with Ben Haumiller and Jean Adams

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koach Vonner
At 3:56 in the Oregon part of the video, that doesn't look like a very good "Multi or Consecutive Hit"
Post #25, different video.

You'll see more consecutive hit tackles with momentum vs the first video in here.
Old 04-25-2011, 12:50 PM   #34
Rookie

Vaporub83's Arena

OVR: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by inglip
I think part of the problem with this new tackling system is that it's pushing EA's outdated engine to the brink, but since they are the only football game around they have no real reason to innovate and build a new one in this current gen. I could be wrong though, obviously, maybe it's just a stretch to build a new engine over a one year period.
It's not realistic to create a brand new engine in a one year cycle. If you are waiting on a completely different engine you might as well wait until the next generation of consoles drops.
Old 04-25-2011, 12:53 PM   #35
Pro

radiohead's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vaporub83
It's not realistic to create a brand new engine in a one year cycle. If you are waiting on a completely different engine you might as well wait until the next generation of consoles drops.
Why?

Did they make a "completely different engine" when the PS3 and 360 dropped?

We all know the answer.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-26-2011, 12:20 AM   #36
MVP

Knickerbocker91's Arena

OVR: 9
I didn't like the collision on the FSU TD vs Miami. He's running to the left of the field, and after the catch and hit he stumbles to his right? Doesn't seem right.
Old 04-26-2011, 01:26 PM   #37
Rookie

OVR: 12
I love what I see... and while they may not be able to get the pure physics engine in because of the bureaucracy at EA or because of the engine, whatever. I just respect their effort in trying to please their fickle fan base, me included.

My only question for this year is this: While I love what they did to fix the defensive back AI, did they fix the DEPTH of the zone coverage? sure, the LBs and Safeties can shadow a receiver in their zone, but if they drop too deep in their zones, then the receiver will still be playground open. I know they kind of addressed it a little bit in referencing the flats, but I still would like to know how they have addressed the depth of the zones.
Old 04-26-2011, 08:42 PM   #38
MVP

stoncold32's Arena

OVR: 17

only thing that seens to be bothering me somewhat is the tackling. It looks like all the tackles are the same thing. They tackle the guy up high and he falls softly to the ground.

I hope they didnt overdo it on that animation
Old 04-27-2011, 12:46 AM   #39
MVP

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by khaliib
Improved Zone Defense!
You mean faster Nano-Slide.
Guys are gaining 2-3 yrds with each side shuffle step.
Of course the Zone Defense seems like it's working.

It's so funny how they say "Gameplay" yet the things folks spent hours tweaking ratings/sliders to fix are not talked about or even mentioned in none of their Gameplay info release.

The catch in the endzone had "TWO" def players having no awareness of were the ball was.
Two players watched the WR make a catch between them.
No attempt to knock the ball away and the player on the left just stopped as the catch animation played through. No collision to separate the ball or nothing.

Passes to the back in the flats will not work because players are still changing direction on a dime.
The two defenders got that Nano-boost to the ball carrier.
When they get there, I'm expecting a replay of Reggie Bush's welcome to the NFL hit by the Giants.
Instead, they come up and Sissy-tackle the guy.

The field is still way "Too SMALL" so that gameplay can be authentic.
That's why it looks/plays better using slower speed.
It gives gives you room for things to play out as they should.

I thought we were going to talk about actual Gameplay, as in fixing these "Issues" from past releases that were still in last year's game.

How about..
-High Player Recognition killing screens/play-action plays?
-Why no talk about DB mirroring WR's routes?
-How about a Kicker blocking a DL with ease?
-Nice dive catches, what about some form of jump ball on fades?
-Scrambling QB's not scrambling
-Anything about Special Teams would be great.

There are so many things that are not being addressed/discussed before moving on to the next area of the game.
Especially since they're still tuning/tweaking the game.

Oh well!
I agree with pretty much everything you are saying. In that video at 45 seconds, one of the defenders at the end of the run dives at the ball carrier and he bounces off the RB with no effect at all on his movement. They talk a lot of fluff in my opinion and not much of it's substance.
Old 04-27-2011, 12:46 AM   #40
MVP

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by khaliib
Improved Zone Defense!
You mean faster Nano-Slide.
Guys are gaining 2-3 yrds with each side shuffle step.
Of course the Zone Defense seems like it's working.

It's so funny how they say "Gameplay" yet the things folks spent hours tweaking ratings/sliders to fix are not talked about or even mentioned in none of their Gameplay info release.

The catch in the endzone had "TWO" def players having no awareness of were the ball was.
Two players watched the WR make a catch between them.
No attempt to knock the ball away and the player on the left just stopped as the catch animation played through. No collision to separate the ball or nothing.

Passes to the back in the flats will not work because players are still changing direction on a dime.
The two defenders got that Nano-boost to the ball carrier.
When they get there, I'm expecting a replay of Reggie Bush's welcome to the NFL hit by the Giants.
Instead, they come up and Sissy-tackle the guy.

The field is still way "Too SMALL" so that gameplay can be authentic.
That's why it looks/plays better using slower speed.
It gives gives you room for things to play out as they should.

I thought we were going to talk about actual Gameplay, as in fixing these "Issues" from past releases that were still in last year's game.

How about..
-High Player Recognition killing screens/play-action plays?
-Why no talk about DB mirroring WR's routes?
-How about a Kicker blocking a DL with ease?
-Nice dive catches, what about some form of jump ball on fades?
-Scrambling QB's not scrambling
-Anything about Special Teams would be great.

There are so many things that are not being addressed/discussed before moving on to the next area of the game.
Especially since they're still tuning/tweaking the game.

Oh well!
I agree with pretty much everything you are saying. In that video at 45 seconds, one of the defenders at the end of the run dives at the ball carrier and he bounces off the RB with no effect at all on his movement. They talk a lot of fluff in my opinion and not much of it's substance.

However, I think the game will be much improved and better than a really good NCAA 11 game.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »