Home

We need blocked kicks/punts in NCAA 12 or 13

This is a discussion on We need blocked kicks/punts in NCAA 12 or 13 within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-24-2011, 10:26 PM   #17
Pro

OVR: 11
Re: We need blocked kicks/punts in NCAA 12 or 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by pmurray20
i know people said it was hard to block kicks. But i did it almost 2 times every 15 games just like on tv not all the time its just random. But punts i have never blocked one my 97 speed people on the corners and yet they dont get to the kicker?? even if he isnt blocked
especially if a guy is unblocked he should either a) block it or b) come extremely close and alter the punt
Old 04-24-2011, 10:26 PM   #18
Rookie

UniversityofArizona's Arena

OVR: 3

Again the blocking doesn't have to be spectacular to protect a punt. I would say most punts are blocked because somebody came unblocked. Again arguing that good teams might get too many blocked kicks is a similar excuse as saying a defensive pass rush should be ineffective to prevent a good team from sacking a bad teams quarterback too much. It shouldn't be too hard to implement a system to where say Alabama versus Kent State gets maybe just one blocked kick but dominates the special teams by forcing the punter to rush his kick reducing punt distance or height. Maybe they rush that field goal a bit more forcing the kick to the side a bit causing a miss. It doesn't always have to be blocked kick or not blocked kick, and it shouldn't by any means be too easy even between poor and great teams, but it should occasionally happen especially in instances where somebody misses a block and there was a bad snap.
Old 04-24-2011, 10:27 PM   #19
MVP

pmurray20's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndrewGW88
especially if a guy is unblocked he should either a) block it or b) come extremely close and alter the punt

ive been close maybe ones and the was DEMPs for florida b.c he was so fast lol still didnt get close to jump of dive
Old 04-25-2011, 10:51 AM   #20
Banned

OVR: 32

I completely agree with this. Special teams is the weakest aspect of NCAA 11. I have never seen a successful blocked kick or punt by the computer or me. At the very least, the AI should block a punt or kick here and there.
Old 04-25-2011, 11:02 AM   #21
MVP

PaperBoyx703's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by SECElite3
I completely agree with this. Special teams is the weakest aspect of NCAA 11. I have never seen a successful blocked kick or punt by the computer or me. At the very least, the AI should block a punt or kick here and there.
I remember in the last gen kicking was a lot slower and now t seems like everything is faster like blocking field goals was extremely difficult i only did through some random glitch where my player squeezed through the middle and just shot through the line and tipped it(while diving). but nothing even comes close now.
YouTube: TBD
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-25-2011, 01:40 PM   #22
Pro

TallyBoi7's Arena

OVR: 8

Man there just isn't enough "randomness" in the game...everything is too straightforward in regards to FGs, extra points, punts, bobbled snaps, late hits, etc.
Old 04-25-2011, 02:49 PM   #23
Pro

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by TallyBoi7
Man there just isn't enough "randomness" in the game...everything is too straightforward in regards to FGs, extra points, punts, bobbled snaps, late hits, etc.
If they were to just add bad snaps then i would be happy.... something to spice things up to the boring special teams
Old 04-25-2011, 05:44 PM   #24
Banned

Thinking Out Loud's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by ActLikeYouCrow
more of an emphasis on spacing, releasing, and blocking assignments on punts i think would make it more interesting. the defense overloads one side so you have to shade your upbacks correctly or you possibly let someone come through clean. rugby style punts and more of a variation which the user may be able to control of how long the punter takes to get off the kick.
I have read a lot of good ideas about what to do but I think a variation of what Act is saying would be the easiest fix.

If in the special teams plays they added Punt/FG right, left, middle protect for the offense and Punt/FG right, left, middle attack for the defense, that would create a match-up dynamic that would allow for more potential blocks. Also, the stronger the Kick/Punt the faster the execution but the higher the power meter the lower the ball trajectory. The weaker the Kick/Punt the slower the execution but the lower the power meter the higher the ball trajectory.

Special teams guys ratings would actually matter because a strong and accurate Kicker/Punter could execute a fast, high and accurate Kick/Punt by using less of the power meter and elite special team defenders could reek havoc. The potential defensive advantages of these "attacks" would be balanced by leaving them vulnerable to fake FG/Punt plays, however.

The match-ups:

Left protect vs right attack (or vice versa)- free right edge rusher (or vice versa),

same protect vs same attack-solid blocking,

middle protect vs left/right attack- strong left/right edge rush but protected from LOS blocks on low ball trajectory allowing fast execution.

left/right protect vs middle attack- strong middle push/attack ball trajectory (would be very effective against long FG attempts).

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »