Home

We need blocked kicks/punts in NCAA 12 or 13

This is a discussion on We need blocked kicks/punts in NCAA 12 or 13 within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-25-2011, 08:48 PM   #25
Rookie

stevensa08's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: We need blocked kicks/punts in NCAA 12 or 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndrewGW88
If they were to just add bad snaps then i would be happy.... something to spice things up to the boring special teams
A big 10-4 to this!!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-25-2011, 10:11 PM   #26
MVP

UMhester04's Arena

OVR: 18

Special Teams as a whole needs to be re worked. The blocking on punt returns is just awful. I am not all good with the x's and o's but I know for a fact when a punt returner catches a punt, there arent only 3 people around him every single time (2 gunners and maybe one blocker). I am a huge Devin Hester fan (obviously) so to me, special teams is just as big as playing offense or defense. Having a good special teams means getting good field position whether it be a blocked punt or a punt/kick return. I am severely deprived of this in NCAA Football.
Old 04-26-2011, 12:37 PM   #27
Pro

OVR: 9

I am not a gameplay or presentation guy I see the importance of both. But on the gameplay side, Special Teams is by far what needs the most improvement. Sure the OL/DL interatction, DB's mirroring, LB's jumping have issues, but there is not anything in the special teams that is accurate to real life. There is not any blocking or botched snaps. I have managed to block a couple extra points but it didn't feel right and was more like timing it perfect and shooting through the middle. Which kicks are not usually blocked by a guy running through the middle, rather by a pile up in the middle and a jump to block it. Or by coming off the edge. And Punt blocks are quite frequent in a season. At least one or two a week(not per team but all teams combined).

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »