Home

Expanded rosters?

This is a discussion on Expanded rosters? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-28-2011, 01:08 PM   #9
Guns Up!

Solidice's Arena

OVR: 63
Re: Expanded rosters?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseySuave4
yea i agree, in the NFL the roster is limited. In the NCAA the roster is huge. Like someone else mentioned, 10 additional players for 120 teams is 1200 extra players which is a lot.
aren't the NCAA teams(FBS at least) restricted to 70 players on road trips anyways?

Current Main Rotation: Destiny 2 (XB,PC), Division 2(XB) Baldur Gate 3(XB 4p Co-op run) HellDivers 2 (PC)
Games on the list to play: Too many to fit here
Old 04-28-2011, 01:45 PM   #10
Orange and Blue!

Broncos86's Arena

OVR: 31

NCAA 11 allows 70 players on a roster. In seasons, I've carried 4 QB, 5 RBs, 7 WRs, etc. I've never felt limited.
Old 04-28-2011, 01:51 PM   #11
Pro

OVR: 9

This is a huge addition if it is. I can't fathom how people don't agree. If you are playing play now games or 1 season, not that big a deal. But for Dynasty it is huge.

You are very limited in your depth at certain positions. Especially on a senior led team. If you lose 20 seniors in one year, you are relegated to recruiting now and starting freshman.

With the rosters at the actual size irl of 85 (not counting practice squad) you will have further depth for every team. Especially how recruiting is so jacked in dynasty as it is. That is why every team gets worse. Take Brion Carnes from Nebraska. Was on the practice squad last year, and may be the #2 QB this year. Sure you could have him on your roster with 70, but you have to minimize your depth at other critical positions. I should be able to have at least 15 OL. That would allow a two deep plus some additional non-playing guys to develop and allow redshirting. But I am relegated to maybe redshirting 1 or 2 and having an 8 man rotation.

I agree there would be even more messed up ratings and players, but this is fixable, and I would rather have to fix that then have to decide which incoming freshman to keep. I would also be able to prevent having to cut a player who will play during the offseason so that I can get another FB walkon. If I had 85 man roster I would have a backup at each position like FB, K/P, TE where even if I graduated two guys I wouldn't have to move a hb there or get a 40 rated walkon.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-28-2011, 01:52 PM   #12
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broncos86
NCAA 11 allows 70 players on a roster. In seasons, I've carried 4 QB, 5 RBs, 7 WRs, etc. I've never felt limited.
Yeah, but it's hard trying to build depth on lower rated teams. Getting a decent oline and secondary can be a real pain.
Old 04-28-2011, 01:55 PM   #13
Pro

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by saunders45
Yeah, but it's hard trying to build depth on lower rated teams. Getting a decent oline and secondary can be a real pain.
Oh yah this is even more true with lower rated teams. Of course your players are going to be worse than an BCS school, but once you go through those initial graduations you are so screwed. Of the few backups you have now they are usually juniors and seniors the following year but after that you are bringing lower rated recruits and having to start them as freshman. This is not realistic and does not allow you to build your positions up to even maintain the success or overall talent of an Akron.
Old 04-28-2011, 01:58 PM   #14
Orange and Blue!

Broncos86's Arena

OVR: 31

I can see that point. As the CSU Rams, that's why I've been carrying 5 RBs, 7 WRs, 4 FS, etc. That said, I think the issue is more pronounced in Madden, where a practice squad is huge.
Old 04-28-2011, 02:00 PM   #15
Rookie

OVR: 3

All of the posters appear to be (PS3 vs 360) myself included I hope that as others have claimed there is no difference in disc space between the two systems thus this potential feature not being as important(to 360 users).

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-28-2011, 02:03 PM   #16
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by saunders45
Every year in dynasty, particularly when I start with a lower rated team, I find myself cutting players I JUST recruited who may have low ratings now, but in 2 or 3 years (or sooner if an injury hits) would be starters. This is really, really needed.

As it is a lot of guys in my dynasties just stop recruiting once they get 10-15 players because the rest end up getting cut anyways, a realistic 85 man roster would add value to utilizing your remaining scholarships to grab 1 and 2 star guys.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »