Home

NCAA Football 12 Video - Diving Catches and Bull Rushes

This is a discussion on NCAA Football 12 Video - Diving Catches and Bull Rushes within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-04-2011, 04:51 PM   #25
MVP

OVR: 12
Re: NCAA Football 12 Video - Diving Catches and Bull Rushes

Hopefully the bull rush isn't simply going to be this bowl over animation. I would like to see some serious push up field that collapses/disrupts the pocket especially from the DT's.

Is the dive automatic for human players or do you press the dive button to trigger the diving catches? I really don't want to see players diving when it appears they could run through the catch and get some RAC.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-04-2011, 04:53 PM   #26
Pro

carnalnirvana's Arena

OVR: 21

to do that to an OL you would have to have a 10 yd takeoff, i'll give them credit for listening to the community with OL/DL interaction, but this is wrong.

like skillz is saying, what they need is already in the game tune that element. IT NEEDS TUNING...

the catches look great though good job on that.

#18 greatest EVA....
Old 05-04-2011, 04:53 PM   #27
Pro

Mr_Riddick's Arena

OVR: 17

This explains alot, as far as the ol/ dl interactions are concerned. Theres no true fight animations it seems. I know that this is only showing bull rush feature, but on guy seems to be just a prop if you get what I mean. But yeah the catches look good so far. But like a pp said, I just hope it doesn't get overdone i mean, once in a while is good but not on every play.. Jussayin.

Last edited by Mr_Riddick; 05-04-2011 at 05:11 PM.
Old 05-04-2011, 04:53 PM   #28
MVP

OVR: 38
Re: New Video Mo Cap

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gotmadskillzson
I rather see them scramble away and just let the slow QBs, get sacked in the backfield. Because in real life, even the least experienced QBs would ATTEMPT to scramble away.
Yes please.

I'm surprised I haven't seen more people talking about scrambling quarterbacks, since they were non exsistent last year.
Old 05-04-2011, 04:55 PM   #29
Banned

OVR: 4
I would guess that the examples we saw of the d-lineman bowling overs guys are players with high strength and power move rating against smaller, lower rated offensive lineman. I would guess that if you have a more balanced matchup you will get the two players engaging and pushing back before getting past the o-linemen. Just not knocking them on their backs.
Old 05-04-2011, 05:04 PM   #30
Banned

mrMagic91's Arena

OVR: 23

Those diving cathces look sweet man. Just imagine throwing a touchdown and seeing your receiver dive for the catch in the endzone.

It would be better if the actually added the receivers with high jump ratings go up high to catch the ball.
Old 05-04-2011, 05:06 PM   #31
MVP

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by rylynner
I would guess that the examples we saw of the d-lineman bowling overs guys are players with high strength and power move rating against smaller, lower rated offensive lineman. I would guess that if you have a more balanced matchup you will get the two players engaging and pushing back before getting past the o-linemen. Just not knocking them on their backs.
I hope so because very rarely do you see a d-linemen just topple an o-linemen like that. With most bull rushes the d-linemen drives the o-linemen backwards towards the QB to collapse the pocket, with the o-linemen still on his feet. That animation needs to be pretty rare, because that simply isn't the way most bull rushes play out.

Here is an example the interaction on the majority of successful bull rushes:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Smuv32N0Bc8 (sorry don't know how to embed)

Notice how the d-linemen drives the o-linemen back though, he doesn't topple him over.

College: Michigan Wolverines
NHL: Detroit Red Wings
NBA:Detroit Pistons
MLB: Detroit Tigers

Last edited by mgoblue678; 05-04-2011 at 05:16 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-04-2011, 05:09 PM   #32
Pro

carnalnirvana's Arena

OVR: 21

even D2 OL wont get pushed down like that, guys get pushed back and if an OL falls its due to bad footwork after a struggle not an insta punked like we just say.

if that happened 2 times to a player he would be cut.

but sliders will fix this, they put this in for guys who were putting QB's on the O line doing tests.....

#18 greatest EVA....

Last edited by carnalnirvana; 05-04-2011 at 05:12 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »