Home

Dynamic Attendance!

This is a discussion on Dynamic Attendance! within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-13-2011, 03:07 PM   #25
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: Dynamic Attendance!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMJOHNS18
Yeah. I hope the Fan Base rating of your team plays a factor. Low fan base, attendance drops when you start losing. High Fan base, games with two large Fan bases (OSU vrs UM), then there is absolutely no open seats.

Also, if you have a game with OSU vrs UM the noise should be LOUD. I wish they'd bring back to level of crowd noises of last gen and the havoc it could cause. Build up your Fan Base in Dynasty and you'll get a 12th man for home games!
There is only ONE 12th man in college football and that at Kyle Field.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-13-2011, 11:31 PM   #26
MVP

DorianDonP's Arena

OVR: 9

It would go a long way if attendance was primarily determined by 3 things.

Your ranking, your opponents ranking, and your fan grade.

It should be percentage based. If you are ranked, your opponent is ranked, and you have a A fan rating then you should be hitting 100% attendance.

If you arent ranked, your opponent isnt ranked, and you have something like a C fan rating, then 50% attendance.

If you are playing a rival, then maybe its an extra 10% attendance.

I mean, this is how dynamic attendance should work, IMO. This way, even teams that aren't ranked or having a sub par season (for instance, Texas in 2010) would still get good attendance because of their A+, and great attendance when they are playing a ranked team.

Last edited by DorianDonP; 05-13-2011 at 11:33 PM.
Old 05-14-2011, 04:44 PM   #27
MVP

berad88's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by DorianDonP

It should be percentage based. If you are ranked, your opponent is ranked, and you have a A fan rating then you should be hitting 100% attendance.

If you arent ranked, your opponent isnt ranked, and you have something like a C fan rating, then 50% attendance.

I mean, this is how dynamic attendance should work, IMO. This way, even teams that aren't ranked or having a sub par season (for instance, Texas in 2010) would still get good attendance because of their A+, and great attendance when they are playing a ranked team.
well said, I agree with all of this.
Old 05-15-2011, 01:32 PM   #28
@HoundsOfHowl

HoundsOfHowl's Arena

OVR: 5

So apparently I don't remember this being in NCAA 11, I just restarted a dynasty with Arkansas State and they are a 1* team and the stadium looks 80% full on their first home game. No way dynamic attendance was in my copy of the game because Im pretty sure that ASU never gets close to 80% unless Memphis comes to town. *and yes I have updated the game with all the updates*
Old 05-15-2011, 05:36 PM   #29
Pro

GoToledo's Arena

OVR: 14

Hopefully the realistic attendance will be reflected in bowl games as well. Many bowl games also don't sell out. Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe that the Orange Bowl didn't even sell out this year.

Sideshow Bob
Old 05-15-2011, 08:19 PM   #30
Rookie

OVR: 1

This may sound like a dumb idea but maybe stadium size along with success can effect how fast you can feel up the stands. Like if I make a 1 star Teambuilder team and choose one of the larger in game stadiums it should take more winning seasons to completely fill a 100,000 seat stadium than if I was playing at a 20,000 seat one. Maybe in later games in the series if there ever is an AD mode this could tie in to decisions to expand stadiums and what not.
OKC Thunder
Old 05-16-2011, 12:38 AM   #31
Champs

Husker_OS's Arena

OVR: 39

Dynamic attendance has not been in the next gen NCAA games.

Every year I beg for it, but to no avail. So glad to see it's in this time. Really adds depth to dynasty. I HATE taking over a 1* program and seeing the actual attendance number is low on the team's information page, but the crowd is full during the game.

Alabama National Championships

1925-1926-1930-1934-1945-1961-1964-1965-1966-1978-1979-1992-2009-2011-2012-2015

"Fight on, fight on, fight on men! Remember the Rose Bowl, we'll win then..."
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-16-2011, 09:08 PM   #32
Rookie

MrMiller84's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by DorianDonP

great job on this.

MICHIGAN WOLVERINES
JACKSON STATE TIGERS
DALLAS COWBOYS
CHICAGO BULLS
ATLANTA BRAVES

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »