Home

Why do the following completely do-able Dynasty features feel like pipe dreams?

This is a discussion on Why do the following completely do-able Dynasty features feel like pipe dreams? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 05-14-2011, 10:07 AM   #17
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

OVR: 31
Re: Why do the following completely do-able Dynasty features feel like pipe dreams?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apostle
The big one here for me is realistic height/weight sizes for recruits and physical progression.

This has bugged me for a long time.

What bugs me even more is the fact that EA doesn't let us edit this. I will never understand why we can't edit players inside of a dynasty.

Last year, I recruited a 6'5" 232 pound defensive end. If I remember correctly, he was the heaviest defensive end in the nation and he gained a meager nine pounds in his first three years. His strength rating was good at an 88, but that didn't jive with his 241 pound frame at 6'5".

It drove me nuts.

Please EA, if you can't depict recruit sizes somewhat accurately, at least give us the ability to edit them. I can understand, to a point, why you'd rather not give us the ability to edit attributes (though that bugs me as well), but not giving us the ability to edit a player's size is just mind boggling.

If not, it's a near deal breaker for me. I really never use that term, but this is one issue where I've had enough.

I like the coaching staff idea, but I see that as being a long shot, unfortunately.
Fully Agree.
Hopefully they let us edit in Dynasty. It doesnt have to be a fully edit, just allow us to edit what we could before and height and weight.
My theory,not so good, is that they dont have a big weight progression because generic faces are locked within certain weights and changing it would cause players to change faces throughout Dynasty.
Old 05-14-2011, 11:48 AM   #18
Rookie

illini125's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: Why do the following completely do-able Dynasty features feel like pipe dreams?

"completely do-able?"

I guess you should be in charge of making the game, given that you seem to know exactly what it takes, or how easy it is to put stuff in it. You people act like EA just sits back and says "Eh, we could do this but we don't really want to" Not that simple. If something isn't in the game, there is certainly a reason for it not being there.
Old 05-14-2011, 12:15 PM   #19
Rookie

OVR: 3

(I was thinking about this last night at work) IMO it is "casual fan" who are the true problem in creating an actual very close version of the video game duplicate of college football. In other words (as we already know) majority rules so if "casual fans" are STOKED about having dreads for the 1-3 seasons in dynasty that they know they may or may not finish before trading in the game then why give folks such as myself (if I were the majority this wouldn't be an issue) who are still playing the game and don't plan on replacing the game till accurate rosters come out. I wish I knew exactly what "casual fans" wanted so I can temper my expectations to what they want so that I wouldn't be so extremely disappointed with the game that I will be playing for 12 months (atleast)
Old 05-14-2011, 12:21 PM   #20
Rookie

kevj349's Arena

OVR: 4

Why do people think they know everything about making a video game? Can you design even the simplest program? Probly not. Just because one thing isn't in doesn't mean who makes it doesn't care. EA itself cares only about profit, but there is a staff that makes this game that prides itself more than you do for your job. They see the results of their labor and want people to love it. So just stop being a jerk, ok?
Old 05-14-2011, 12:27 PM   #21
Rookie

Lavar's Arena

I don't see why they can't do the things you have suggested. The height weight thing really needs to be looked at , get it right or just let us be able to edit that our selfs.

I still have my College hoops 2k8 , I remember recruiting a point guard who was 5'10" , his senior yr he had grew to 6'1" . And this was a game made in 2007.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-14-2011, 01:45 PM   #22
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevj349
Why do people think they know everything about making a video game? Can you design even the simplest program? Probly not. Just because one thing isn't in doesn't mean who makes it doesn't care. EA itself cares only about profit, but there is a staff that makes this game that prides itself more than you do for your job. They see the results of their labor and want people to love it. So just stop being a jerk, ok?
The coaching staff idea could already be extremely similar to recruiting and your school's strengths. You "recruit" the coach through job offers and their strengths are shown in how well they do what they do, whether that is coaching defensive backs or running an Air Raid offense. It really shouldn't be that hard.
Old 05-14-2011, 01:48 PM   #23
ND

NDAlum's Arena

OVR: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoondockSooner
So why do these additions seem like pipe dreams? The answer is easy: because EA is the only company that can offer us a college football video game. Because it's the only thing out there, people will buy it. And as long as people buy it, EA doesn't care how the game is. Until they do start to care about their product, simple advances like better graphics and pylon physics are the best new additions we will get. Wait did I say simple advances? I meant baby steps.
Broad bitter statement which I disagree with

Atlanta Braves Fantasy Draft Franchise | Google Docs History
NL East Champs 5x | WS Champion 1x (2020)
Old 05-14-2011, 01:57 PM   #24
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevj349

Are you referring to me?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »