Home

How Do You Feel About the Next Generation of Consoles and NCAA Football

This is a discussion on How Do You Feel About the Next Generation of Consoles and NCAA Football within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
View Poll Results: Where Do You Stand With the Next Gen of Consoles and NCAA Football?
I want the next gen of consoles now, NCAA 13/14 should be on a new console 22 32.84%
I'm ok with waiting until NCAA 15/16 and seeing how complete they can make this gen 37 55.22%
I'm not sure 8 11.94%
Voters: 67. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-13-2011, 11:57 PM   #1
Pro

hurricanefootball4's Arena

OVR: 3
How Do You Feel About the Next Generation of Consoles and NCAA Football

Nintendo is announcing Wii 2 at E3 this year and there are some rumors floating around that Microsoft could be announcing the next XBox. While this isn't likely it got me to thinking about how I really felt about the next generation of consoles and how it relates to NCAA Football.

It has been well documented on here that a lot of the features that we want and the ones that are being added were already in last gen's consoles.

NCAA 06 had dreads, bowl patches, coaches on the sideline, custom playbooks, etc. I feel like NCAA Football 11 was really the first really solid game of this gen where I didn't feel like it was a stripped down version of the game.

NCAA Football 12 looks to be building on that, adding things like dreads, bowl patches, fixing up gameplay changes, as well as adding to dynasty and RTG (to be announced). I feel like NCAA Football 12 has the chance to be the most complete in the entire series.

With that being said, how eager are you guys for the next gen console? To me, there are some positives to the next gen console:
  • NCAA will likely have a physics based engine
  • NCAA should have the capacity to add everything, like full 85 man rosters, FCS teams, etc
  • Obvious graphical improvement abilities

But the negatives...
  • The first in the next gen of NCAA will likely be a stripped down version of the game like NCAA Football 07 and it may be years before features are added back in again
  • It requires re-investing in a new system which will likely be pushing $400-500

For me, I would really like to see NCAA on this console for another 2 years or so and have them really push the envelope of how complete they can make this game. More introductions for teams, more features, deeper modes, more fine-tuned gameplay, more fine-tuned graphical elements (player faces, hairstyles, shoe types, helmet types, etc). Xbox is pushing to add another 1GB to their discs so we still might be able to get expanded rosters and FCS teams THIS gen.

Obviously I would be geeked about a physics based tackling system and near lifelike graphics, but I just feel like the NCAA series is on the cusp of being AMAZING - another 2 years of striving development and this series could be as complete as it will be on this generation.

Just my thoughts, what about you guys?

Are you wanting the next generation of consoles immediately or are you wanting to see NCAA (and other games) continue to strive towards the perfect game on this gen of consoles?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-14-2011, 12:00 AM   #2
MVP

Roggie's Arena

OVR: 17
Re: How Do You Feel About the Next Generation of Consoles and NCAA Football

Since nothing I've seen has the Sony/Microsoft consoles coming out before 2014, I honestly feel it is too early to have this discussion. If we get a game like NCAA 07 on the new systems, then I will not be spending my money on it. I will be buying the version on the 360. If there's ever a game without Online Dynasty in the franchise, I will not buy it, and it wouldn't shock me if the first one did not have it.
Chicago Bulls
Detroit Tigers
Detroit Red Wings
Detroit Lions

Old 05-14-2011, 12:02 AM   #3
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roggie
Since nothing I've seen has the Sony/Microsoft consoles coming out before 2014
Rumor for new Xbox release at end of 2012
Old 05-14-2011, 12:06 AM   #4
MVP

Roggie's Arena

OVR: 17

The top two paragraphs completely refute the entire article.
Chicago Bulls
Detroit Tigers
Detroit Red Wings
Detroit Lions

Old 05-14-2011, 12:12 AM   #5
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roggie
The top two paragraphs completely refute the entire article.
Keep in mind that studios are deceptive, and secrets and keeping things under wraps is the way of the business.

With that being said, an E3 release this year is very unlikely IMHO - but a new console for NCAA Football 14 isn't out of the question.

The point of the OP isn't to say that a new console is coming right now, but rather what fans of NCAA would want more: a new console + physics based etc or as complete of a game as we can get on this gen of consoles
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-14-2011, 12:19 AM   #6
Pro

bruinkid626's Arena

OVR: 10

I just bought my Ps3 a little over a year ago.. an announcement of a new console would be heart break lol. :\

I am the danger.. I am the one who knocks.
Old 05-14-2011, 12:33 AM   #7
Live your life

Gotmadskillzson's Arena

OVR: 49

I don't want a new console, because all that means is they going to have to start over again and it would take them 4 years to get to where they are now. no thank you.
Old 05-14-2011, 12:36 AM   #8
Live your life

Gotmadskillzson's Arena

OVR: 49

Quote:
a new console + physics based

FIFA 12 is getting a physics based engine THIS YEAR, SAME CURRENT CONSOLE. So obviously they don't need a new console in order to get a physics based engine.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »