Home

How do you guys get excited about recruiting?

This is a discussion on How do you guys get excited about recruiting? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-15-2011, 01:02 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 2
How do you guys get excited about recruiting?

I have read alot on these forums about how a lot of people on these forums love recruiting or that recruiting is their favorite part of dynasty. I am a huge sim player(always be realistic) and play every game (hate simming) but to me recruiting has always been a chore. I usually can get through many seasons of dynasty and i think if i could get excited about recruiting it could make dynasty that much more fun for me. I guess my question is, how do you guys make recruiting fun?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-15-2011, 01:16 AM   #2
Pro

JalenTigh's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: How do you guys get excited about recruiting?

Im confused. Your a huge sim player, but you hate simming? huh?

Anyways... recruiting is not for everyone. Its just the type of gamer you are I think. Me? I love building something from nothing. I love trying to find the best recruits possible in order to build up my teams. Thats just me though, Im like that in any sports game, my favorite part is always the off season.

I can understand it feeling like a chore though, it can be time consuming... especially if you dont have a strategy or know any short cuts.

Georgia

College Basketball
Maryland
Georgetown

NFL
Washington Redskins
Atlanta Falcons
Baltimore Ravens

Old 05-15-2011, 01:20 AM   #3
Banned

1GATOR FAN's Arena

OVR: 9

I like to recruit, but it would be better if more of the positions meant more....

Like I hate recruiting a stud DE only for him to be worthless because the pass rush is lacking in this game. Same for O-line most of the time
Old 05-15-2011, 01:25 AM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by JalenTigh
Im confused. Your a huge sim player, but you hate simming? huh?
Isnt a sim player someone who plays realistic? As close to real life, like a simulation.
Old 05-15-2011, 01:43 AM   #5
Pro

bruinkid626's Arena

OVR: 10

Do you guys really not know what he meant? He is a simulation style player and always prefers to finish playing each game til the clocks hits 0 in the 4th quarter.

I am the danger.. I am the one who knocks.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-15-2011, 01:55 AM   #6
Banned

OVR: 31

Each season ive done ive kept up with the top 100 players in the country on my laptop. Might take a while for you to type the names in, but its worth it when you see a Heisman trophy winner was ranked 80th coming out of high school. The game doesnt keep up with where they're ranked coming out of high school. So i kinda make implement it in the game myself. Just a few extra things i do to make the whole recruiting expirence fun.
Old 05-15-2011, 02:03 AM   #7
Fan of real schools

Hellisan's Arena

OVR: 19

I think the key is being in an online dynasty where you are competing with people year in, year out. In that situation, recruiting is hardly a chore, it is your means for disposing of the opponent. Likewise, if you do not recruit well, you are likely to get beat up on.

If you only like to play offline and by yourself.... Hopefully the sliders are such that it's a challenge. That way the good players are worthwhile to recruit, maybe. I dunno.. .Personal preference, I just love recruiting.
Old 05-15-2011, 02:39 AM   #8
Banned

OVR: 13

I have the most fun when I compare it to what I've got on the roster; "This guy runs a 4.4 40 and I have a slow running game; that run I got tackled from behind on last game is a touchdown if I get this guy", and so on.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »