Home

Custom Playbooks, What's your going to look like?

This is a discussion on Custom Playbooks, What's your going to look like? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-17-2011, 07:48 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: Custom Playbooks, What's your going to look like?

All of the 5WR and Empty sets, which Quads trio and Bunch quads. I'll run No huddle Hurry Up with 5 fast Possession receivers in the game at all time. I'll try and get the best running Qbs with high accuracy so they can complete quick passes and screens to my WR core to the defense commits to nickle/dime secondary and try my luck in the running lanes with them. Probably throw in a lot of WR runs.
OKC Thunder
Old 05-17-2011, 08:27 PM   #10
Pro

Slaticus's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Da Hype Iz Real
All of the 5WR and Empty sets, which Quads trio and Bunch quads. I'll run No huddle Hurry Up with 5 fast Possession receivers in the game at all time. I'll try and get the best running Qbs with high accuracy so they can complete quick passes and screens to my WR core to the defense commits to nickle/dime secondary and try my luck in the running lanes with them. Probably throw in a lot of WR runs.
Even though I am more of a runner, I may do this as well. It would be so much fun to go all Air Raid once in a while.

If you would like to see the Wing T in action, you can check out my twitch channel. I stream there..badly. I post highlights on my youtube channel as well!
Old 05-17-2011, 11:51 PM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 0

Definitely pro/i-form but some good shotgun plays in there. Reaaaaaaally looking forward to trying out the diamond formation that Oklahoma and Oklahoma State used.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-18-2011, 03:44 AM   #12
Pro

Bullet Sponge's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by blkrptnt819
Your playbook or one of ours? And I don't care about cheese. I'm pretty sure the ppl I play in my dynasty are cheesers so why does it matter.
hehe no not yours I was kidding around with the answer to what my playbook would look like (velveeta) as a reference to the MANY people here who claim custom playbooks will be nothing but cheese and ruin the game. I tend to think cheesers will be cheesers so why punish the legit people by withholding a potentially abused feature? I'm stoked that EA is putting these in and I can run the offense I want.

Hmmm to seriously answer though I'd use a lot of symmetrical formations from under center. if triple option and read option gets fixed this year I'd love to run plenty of those and playaction would be the icing on the cake assuming that's also fixed. Can't wait to try it out!
Old 05-18-2011, 08:01 AM   #13
MVP

blkrptnt819's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullet Sponge
hehe no not yours I was kidding around with the answer to what my playbook would look like (velveeta) as a reference to the MANY people here who claim custom playbooks will be nothing but cheese and ruin the game. I tend to think cheesers will be cheesers so why punish the legit people by withholding a potentially abused feature? I'm stoked that EA is putting these in and I can run the offense I want.

Hmmm to seriously answer though I'd use a lot of symmetrical formations from under center. if triple option and read option gets fixed this year I'd love to run plenty of those and playaction would be the icing on the cake assuming that's also fixed. Can't wait to try it out!
Ok, I was going to say it's just an expanded version of LSU's playbook with one wrinkle. Actually any formation I run can be found in either VaTech's, LSU's, Pistol or Multiple with the exception of the Shotgun Ace and that's a pretty pro formation.

If you can't tell I LOVE DUKE!!!!!!!!

Last edited by blkrptnt819; 06-14-2011 at 09:58 AM.
Old 05-18-2011, 11:43 AM   #14
Rookie

PDuncanOSU's Arena

OVR: 1

My hope is to have a spread-option playbook using pistol sets, all with 3 or 4 wide recievers. I'd like to recruit power backs to play the normal HB position, and scat-backs w/ good hands (or receivers w/ good running skills) to put in the slot. I'll look to run a lot of triple-option w/ the slot guys coming in motion. Basically a flexbone type triple-option attack, but out of the pistol where it is easier to pass when I need to. Also like some of the wildcat stuff in Mississippi State's playbook last year, so I'll probably add those as well to use as a change-up and to chew the clock. I used the Bulldog Heavy formation pretty successfully last year for short yardage plays.
If the triple option doesn't work any better in '12 then it did in '11, I'll probably still stick w/ spread pistol sets using the pass to set up a downhill running game.
Old 05-18-2011, 08:42 PM   #15
Rookie

BurnsideAdmiral's Arena

OVR: 0

I didn't get NCAA last year so can someone help me out on what playbook I should use for a base since I'm out of the loop a bit?

In NCAA '10 I used Mississippi St.'s playbook because they had the Bulldog (wildcat) formation that was pretty boss with the WR Trip Op. Before that I used Oregon and Ohio State's. I like running the ball in more of a pro-style offense with I Form but I also love trick plays. I used OSU too but I'll probably try to stick to my school this year (Cincy). Collaros should be a pretty good accurate passer and should have decent speed? (again I didn't get it last year). Pead should be a pretty good back too. Any good ideas for a base playbook for the type of players Cincy has?

Does anyone know if there's a base playbook like Denver's in Madden? I was pretty boss with that this past year. Good set of pro-style runs and good spread shotgun plays. Then I could just add in those options and trick plays. Any ideas guys? Really appreciate the help. Can't wait for the game to come out.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-18-2011, 09:18 PM   #16
Rookie

Mad 69's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by blkrptnt819
Your playbook or one of ours? And I don't care about cheese. I'm pretty sure the ppl I play in my dynasty are cheesers so why does it matter.
That must be fun, playing in a dynasty with all cheezers...

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »