Home

What Was Your Most Memorable Single Year in a Dynasty?? (Please Tell About Yours)

This is a discussion on What Was Your Most Memorable Single Year in a Dynasty?? (Please Tell About Yours) within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-19-2011, 07:41 PM   #9
Rookie

SlickRick11's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: What Was Your Most Memorable Single Year in a Dynasty?? (Please Tell About Yours

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagopax
On NCAA 11, I managed to bring in a 4* QB to SJSU and a 3* WR that was 6'11, the pair led us to three consecutive wins over top 25 teams, the defense somehow held and we won each game by a few points. other two...
that is quite an accomplishment and a hell of a job recruiting..... very impressive for SJSU

-5 time National Champions (the same as Florida and Florida State.....COMBINED)
Old 05-19-2011, 07:58 PM   #10
The Hard Way

K0ZZ's Arena

OVR: 23
Re: What Was Your Most Memorable Single Year in a Dynasty?? (Please Tell About Yours

Trust me it wasn't easy at all. I won the day their visits, if I didn't I'm sure I would've lost them. they were in pipeline states and we barely slipped out on top to get their LOI.
Old 05-19-2011, 08:02 PM   #11
MVP

poopoop's Arena

OVR: 4

In NCAA 11 it was in an single-conference OD.

I went 11-1 in the regular season with my one loss being in a blowout to another user. Everything went wrong for me in that game and he had one of the best teams I've seen. He ran over everyone that season. To make things worse the loss came in a rivalry game and lost a few recruits to him because of it.

I got a rematch against him in the conf championship. He was 12-0 and ranked #1. A 2nd guy was ranked either #2 or #3. It seemed inevitable they were going to have a rematch in the NC. They were already planning the game out and how it was gonna go. But I was able to get revenge and put together one of the best defensive efforts I've ever had. Held him to 14 points (~26 below his average) with one of his tds coming in garbage time. It's tough shutting humans down like that the way defense is on this game, probably one of the best overall gameplans I put together.

He dropped out of the NC race and I was able to jump past the other user to get #2 in the BCS. My win ended up shutting two users out of the NC. I played a computer controlled team in the NC and won like 34-0 which was a let down.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-19-2011, 08:24 PM   #12
Rookie

usc50's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by poopoop

I went 11-1 in the regular season with my one loss being in a blowout to another user. Everything went wrong for me in that game and he had one of the best teams I've seen. He ran over everyone that season. To make things worse the loss came in a rivalry game and lost a few recruits to him because of it.

I got a rematch against him in the conf championship. He was 12-0 and ranked #1. A 2nd guy was ranked either #2 or #3. It seemed inevitable they were going to have a rematch in the NC. They were already planning the game out and how it was gonna go. But I was able to get revenge and put together one of the best defensive efforts I've ever had. Held him to 14 points (~26 below his average) with one of his tds coming in garbage time. It's tough shutting humans down like that the way defense is on this game, probably one of the best overall gameplans I put together.

He dropped out of the NC race and I was able to jump past the other user to get #2 in the BCS. My win ended up shutting two users out of the NC. I played a computer controlled team in the NC and won like 34-0 which was a let down.
That's awesome.
Old 05-19-2011, 09:03 PM   #13
Rookie

SlickRick11's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by poopoop

best post ive seen on this thread so far

-5 time National Champions (the same as Florida and Florida State.....COMBINED)
Old 05-19-2011, 09:43 PM   #14
Rookie

OVR: 4

My most memorable (for all the wrong reasons)
It was my first time doing a serious, committed online dynasty (this year). I was Penn State. It was year 4 of the dynasty, and the first year I had joined the OD. I lost my 5th or 6th game of the season to another user, #1 ranked Michigan. I lost by about 9.

I won my second user game of the year against Nebraska. I was winning big and survived a late comeback.

After a strange turn of events I was ranked 2nd in the nation at 10-1. All I had to do was beat a 4-7 unranked CPU Oregon State team. I honestly didn't feel like I had played that bad in the game, as I put up 45 points on them. However I found myself down 48-45 with less then 30 seconds to go. I'm driving down the field before being stopped at the 5 yard line. On the next play, I scramble with my QB towards the endzone. Guys were approaching me, so I dove into the endzone for the easy TD. However, my clutch QB fumbled the ball in midair at about the 1/2 yard line. Oregon State recovers. Game over, along with my NC hopes.

After hoisting the 2nd best Big 10 record at 7-1, and with 8-0 Michigan headed to the NC, I figured I would be headed to the Rose Bowl. WRONG. An at-large receives the bid, and I'm headed to the Capital One Bowl against another user team.

HORRIBLE SEASON. Had loads of fun with it though.
NHL: Detroit Red Wings
NCAAF/NCAAB: Michigan Wolveines
Old 05-19-2011, 09:56 PM   #15
Pro

sparkdawg777's Arena

OVR: 1

My favorite season, or dynasty really in general was an offline I played in NCAA 10. I started out with a low prestige school SMU and tried to turn them around. The first year I went like 8-5 not sure exactly but I won the bowl. The second was the most memorable finished 11-3 and winning the Conference USA. The biggest win was beating a ranked Houston at their place. Trailed 3 TD's at halftime, came back and sent it to OT. In the 2nd OT I decided to go for 2 and the win, ran the ball up the middle from the wildcat and won! It was awesome, unfortunately we lost the bowl game to Northern Illinois but that season got me a job offer from Michigan where I would eventually win 3 National Championships!

Also wanted to add the finish to my 3rd season at Michigan. I had won the NC the year before after an undefeated season, well we were 9-0 again and playing at Purdue with a 27 or 28 game win streak. I played awful that game and at one point was down 28-0. Well all of a sudden I got it together and made a small comeback, I thought I had lost because I was down 10 with just under a minute. I scored a TD with about 30 seconds left and went for the onside kick (which I NEVER get even during practice mode) but I GOT IT! And with 6 seconds left I threw about a 30 yard hail mary and scored to win the game! We ended up finishing 13-0 and won back-back NCs. My greatest dynasty ever!

I also wanted to add that contributing to those great early years at Michigan was a 5* running back who I recruited that had it all, 98 speed and had power too. Can't remember his name but I just remember he didn't wear any accessories.

Last edited by sparkdawg777; 05-19-2011 at 10:01 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-19-2011, 10:23 PM   #16
Rookie

markman282's Arena

OVR: 14

NCAA 10

Me and my brother played an offline dyn where i was LSU and he was florida. We played in the SEC championship, I came back from 3 tds i think and got a tipped pick six on him to win the game as time expired!!! One of the most amazing ncaa plays i ever had here it is. TELL ME WHAT YA THINK

http://www.easports.com/media/play/video/13843171
NHL: Philadelphia Flyers
NCAA: Notre Dame Fightin' Irish

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »